U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And the Americans confiscated all the guns from the Iraqis, and we know how that turned out.
Yep - the guns are being given back

 
Old 05-08-2009, 01:30 PM
 
919 posts, read 1,667,798 times
Reputation: 478
jtur88, is your point that you believe registration wont lead to confiscation? no thats never happened did it. germany, england, australia. america has never registered it citizens like japanese-americans then taken away there rights. and president clinton never signed a bill that took away gun rights of anybody who had a previous criminal record. they had to give up there guns because of a "retro-active" law. most confiscation is done slowly and quietly so not to alarm the masses. that has been the way. thats why you think it wont happen, they have you fooled, not me. we as americans have given up way to many rights over the years, and convinced the young its for there good. BS.
 
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yep - the guns are being given back
They are given back as military issue, and no ordinary citizen has a right to own a gun without swearing allegiance to the US-backed regime. Are those the terms you think are implied by the second amendment in our own country, certifying "right to bear arms"? Does anybody here think it is perfectly OK for the US government to decide who gets to have guns in America?
 
Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
jtur88, is your point that you believe registration wont lead to confiscation? .
Don't put words in my mouth. My point is that you cannot provide me with a single instance in which the US government first registered anything, and then took it away. Which is the only thing I asked you to do.

Trust me---the US government does NOT have me fooled.
 
Old 05-08-2009, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
They are given back as military issue, and no ordinary citizen has a right to own a gun without swearing allegiance to the US-backed regime. Are those the terms you think are implied by the second amendment in our own country, certifying "right to bear arms"? Does anybody here think it is perfectly OK for the US government to decide who gets to have guns in America?
We are talking Iraq - not the US. We are talking the Iraqi Constitution not the US Constitution.

Get your facts straight
 
Old 05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Don't put words in my mouth.
Why not? You try to put words in other posters mouth
 
Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
We are talking Iraq - not the US. We are talking the Iraqi Constitution not the US Constitution.

Get your facts straight
Coolhand used Nazi Germany as an argument for this thread. (Somebody always does, in every thread.) My Iraq reference was in response to that off-topic remark. Refute it in its context, or leave it, and get back on topic.
 
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why not? You try to put words in other posters mouth
Tell them to challenge me when I do.
 
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: where my heart is
5,642 posts, read 7,648,289 times
Reputation: 1661
Keep your guns, but recognize that just as much as you have the right to them, a lot of us want nothing to do with them. Keep your guns away from US.
 
Old 05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Keep your guns away from US.
The fact of the matter is though, the person walking right next to you may very well be carrying a concealed weapon. There are even shopping areas that do not prohibit people from carrying firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top