Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,604,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In Singapore - they don't need a warrant.
They are so easy to get, it doesn't matter. A mere technicality.

The conversation goes like this: USA
COP: "Your Honor, we have a reliable informant that there are illegal drugs in that house."
JUDGE: "Take a warrant off that stack over there and go break in."

Singapore:
COP: "Your Honor, we have a reliable informant that there are illegal drugs in that house."
JUDGE: "What are you telling me for? You know you don't need a warrant."

Somehow, the practical import of the difference escapes me. I can't imagine Singapore cops breaking into houses without what they believe to be reliable information, or an American judge refusing a warrant to cops who say they do have reliable information. None of the people I know in Singapore have ever told me that their door had been kicked down by the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Guns are banned in England, so you know what they are trying to ban now...knives. What next, screwdrivers, hammers, glass?
Baseball bats are banned in Poland, accept to recognized baseball teams, which are required to secure them.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-07-2009 at 09:25 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 09:30 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,233,703 times
Quote:
Guns are banned in England, so you know what they are trying to ban now...knives.
Now the question comes to mind; how does an Englishman eat a steak with bad teeth and no knife? Oh wait, I forgot. They also don't have steak.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,280,190 times
Quote:
Guns are banned in England, so you know what they are trying to ban now...knives. What next, screwdrivers, hammers, glass?
....and you know what? In England, they live longer than we do and have far less "gun crime". You have a right to your opinion in the United States, but don't sit there and judge another country, where you have no say whatsoever.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 PM

The USA bans nail clippers, if you're flying. Pretty hard to laugh at somebody else.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM

919 posts, read 1,902,224 times
Default cant we all just get along?

now back to the real world. no you cant have ANY of the guns I own. there "LEGAL" and you dont have the right to make them illegal. they need to repeel ALL the stupid restictions to legal gun owners, and those they "made" illegal. now for you my fellow believers in the 2nd. you have allowed for too many years gun registration, and restrictions. stop it. ALL full autos are REGISTERED. muzzel suppressors are REGISTERED. when you buy a new gun its REGISTERED with ATF. when you go hunting you are REGISTERING that you have guns. concealed carry, is REGISTRATION of the FACT you have guns. and you anti gunners. you are so caught up with this bs, "who needs an assault weapon". thats a modern term used for a modern style military gun. I got news for ya. ALL guns EVER made were a military assault weapon at one time, including bows&arrows.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:55 PM

Your house is registered, your money is registered, your children are registered, your boat trailer is registered, your modem is registered, the sack of dog food you bought with a credit card is registered, the parcel you shipped with UPS is registered, your car battery is registered, your plane ticket is registered, your dental work is registered. Next year in the federal census, your toilet will be registered. I guess all the nuts are trying to take all those things away from you---right? Now back to the real world, indeed.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-07-2009 at 11:03 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 11:08 PM

all those things are NOT covered by the 2nd. in fact it was so important that it is it own amendment. not grouped together with other items. like freedom of the press, speach, etc. the founding fathers stated that a man had a RIGHT to bear armsat his home. all you wrote shows just how much control freaks some can be. serial numbers on bullet components yes there are nuts trying to take away my toilet, it flushes to much water. google tracks where you web search, the goverment wants to know. the goverment control freaks want to take away my car because its to old. or burns to much gas to suit others. they keep raising the boat fees to CONTROL my use at a lake. the registered dog is then taken away if some dont like its breed. (assault dogs) maybe you feel safer by the goverment controling you, I dont.

Last edited by mark6052; 05-07-2009 at 11:17 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,820,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Your house is registered, your money is registered, your children are registered, your boat trailer is registered, your modem is registered, the sack of dog food you bought with a credit card is registered, the parcel you shipped with UPS is registered,, your dental work is registered I guess all the nuts are trying to take all those things away from you---right?
jtur88,
You assume the Government and it's agents have the power to do anything they please. Newsflash. . . they don't! Under the Constitution they can only do the things that WE THE PEOPLE have given them permission to do.

To insure that WE THE PEOPLE have the power to control our government rather than them controlling us the Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments to the Constitution were written). The Second Amendment was written so the people would always have the power to overthrow a tyrannical government. It was not written so we could go deer hunting or duck hunting. Although that was a legitimate use along with self protection.

What worries me is the fact that there are so damned many citizens in the United States that do not understand this. As long as there are four or five million citizens that DO understand this and have the will to resist when the government turns against the PEOPLE everyone can live in freedom. Those that want to disarm U.S. citizens know they will have to do it incrementally. There is a LINE that will eventually be crossed and the Second Revolution will take place according to Thomas Jefferson and some of the other Dead White guys that wrote the Constitution.

Sure as hell someone here will say, "there is no way a few million paranoid gun owners can resist the might of the U.S. Armed forces". Thank God MOST of the grunts in the military understand what the Constitution and the Bill of Rights means and they would never obey an illegal order to confiscate the weapons of citizens. A few maybe but not enough to do the job.

The recent freudian slip by Janet Napolitano about "veterans" being a group that should be watched was unintentional but it demonstrates my point.

A list of registered weapons in the hands of a tyrannical government is the reason WHY most of us gun owners will NEVER register all of our weapons.

GL2

Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
all those things are NOT covered by the 2nd. .

So it is perfectly OK for nuts to take them away from you. Answer my question:

Is "registration" and "trying to take them away" the same thing, or isn't it?

If your dental work and your guns are both registered, does that mean the government, to an equal degree, is trying to take you teeth and guns away from you? Yes or No?

Is there any language in the constitution that restricts the government's right to pull everybody's teeth out by force, or is having teeth not a protected right? Yes or No?

Dentists are required by maintain dental records of all patients. That means the government wants to come and pull everybody's teeth out. Right? Or wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
* It was not written so we could go deer hunting or duck hunting. Although that was a legitimate use along with self protection.
So then, registering hunters is legitimate, right?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 AM

Default dental records

registration of anykind, dental or guns can be misused. there are anti-gun nuts that state the fact there end game is total confiscation. so far theres no conspiracy to collect my teeth, whats yer point. I shouldnt be afraid of registering my guns because they havent confiscated my teeth? with all the things we can list that are controlled, and continue to get more. you dont see anything wrong with that? little by little we have given up way to much of our rights for some really stupid reasons. I cant own a gun because a puke tail punk has misused one? let me shoot the varmit, problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates