Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 11:28 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,113,236 times

Advertisements

Hey folks this thread is supposed to be about whether sex offenders should be branded remember? Can you please get back on topic and stop attacking each other? This is the debate forum not the put down each other forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 07:40 PM

488 posts, read 1,020,260 times
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Hey folks this thread is supposed to be about whether sex offenders should be branded remember? Can you please get back on topic and stop attacking each other? This is the debate forum not the put down each other forum.
Thank you verry much!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:46 PM

Default good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I don't got nothing hid in my closet.
Like jaxson said back on toppic! I think that victims of these kinda crimes are scard for life...And the punishment for the criminal should be equal or harder on them because these crimes are well thaught out before they do the crime!

Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,571,713 times
Does it mean anything at all to you that in many, and possibly most, of these crimes, the perpetrator has absolutely no intent to harm the child, and believes the child enjoys it or will learn to enjoy it, the same as an adult would? They believe the relationship is a caring and loving one. They are the only criminals that do NOT want to harm their victims, and you want to come down the hardest on them.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:19 AM

Angry wow

Quote:
Does it mean anything at all to you that in many, and possibly most, of these crimes, the perpetrator has absolutely no intent to harm the child, and believes the child enjoys it or will learn to enjoy it, the same as an adult would? They believe the relationship is a caring and loving one. They are the only criminals that do NOT want to harm their victims, and you want to come down the hardest on them.
Take this however you want..that is sick! and if you feel that way or even are trying to justify there way of thinking you may want to go seek help! That would be like giving a child a narcotic..then getting when you get caught tell the jury how you think the child may like it and they should let you go! ILL..A child is something that should not be thaught of like that...what the he.ll are you thinking? sick..

Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 AM

All they are thinking of is themselves..not the child or person getting raped wich is ilegall in this country..I would prefer not to post on the same threads you are on..since i started this one why dont you move on? and i want to stay clear of you jtur88...get a job away from kids and stay away from them if you need told the diffrence!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:27 AM

Wink creeps

I am not directing this toward know one..but you know the inernet predetors we hear about? I wonder how many we encounter on these talk forums everyday?

Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,258,483 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Most states if not all just send a letter or you have to go online to see whats lerking around our kids! What would be the best thing to do to make it so he or she stands out? A licence plate on there car or a braclet they have to weare every place they go? I went online and found we have 5 within a 5 mile radius of our home! I was shocked because i know one of them and never knew he was a molester! Scarry i have three kids....what more can be done to let us know?

What about a big ole "Scarlett Letter" and add the "O" (SO)
and make it electronic, so in case they have to change clothes
Seriously though the license plates sounds like a great idea. it's a
tragedy that most of heir victims are those that are so close that
they would have a need to use a vehicle (pedophile)

Old 05-27-2009, 02:56 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,113,236 times
Quote:
So are you saying a child molester thinks their repulsive gratification acts against a child is not harming them? Caring and loving my rear end they are sick twisted creeps.

Is this how you feel jtur88 or are you just posting the devil's advocate on this topic?

Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,115,994 times
Quote:
Does it mean anything at all to you that in many, and possibly most, of these crimes, the perpetrator has absolutely no intent to harm the child, and believes the child enjoys it or will learn to enjoy it, the same as an adult would?
Absolutely NOT - it DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO ME .....

Nor, should it to you IMO.

Personally, if I had my way, these sex offenders who have HARMED children should be put in GENERAL POPULATION in Prison rather than segregated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates