Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 09:36 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
It's hard to have compassion for people who knowingly break the law and inflict pain and emotional scars on others. I do feel that people can change their ways, and if they do, then they have a right to a second chance. I think the compassion should be for the millions of victims of crime.

That was back in the turn of the century up to the 30's. This is 2009. That sort of thing is no longer acceptable, and for good reason. Also, the key word is CONSENT. If a person is raped or hurt against their consent, there is no point to this argument.

Again, we are talking about an era gone by, and not all instances of that were right. God only knows the abuse that went on back then, that never was addressed or punished.

This is America where the law is different. Again, the phrase CONSENT is key here.

A non smoker standing up for their rights to not breathe in other people's filthy habit is just that, their right. I'm glad the goverment finally took action, I'm sick of breathing in that filth, and seeing people get cancer due to second hand smoke.

So, we should all stand by and let people break the law and victimize others with any thing they feel like because it might hurt the perpetrator's feelings or interrupt their lives with prison?
If they have no copmasion for the victims why should anyone have any for them? Do on to others as you would want have done to you! A eye for a eye in these kinda crimes! Victims have been given a life sentance in a way...Its kinda like a sexual prefrence! It cant be changed any one will tell you! and i am not in no way saying prefrence is wrong...only when someone forces sex on a child or a unwilling person! So life in prison or worse would be my vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,142 times
And this is one of satins crimes!!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Adam's Law was passed because of a brutal child murder not a sexual molestation situation.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
And this is one of satins crimes!!
This is a very interesting concept. Crimes are caused by Satan, but people who have abandoned all mercy on the criminals think they are motivated by a loving and merciful God.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Most states if not all just send a letter or you have to go online to see whats lerking around our kids! What would be the best thing to do to make it so he or she stands out? A licence plate on there car or a braclet they have to weare every place they go? I went online and found we have 5 within a 5 mile radius of our home! I was shocked because i know one of them and never knew he was a molester! Scarry i have three kids....what more can be done to let us know?
It depends on the type of offense.

Should someone that was drunk and got caught peeing on a tree be labeled like that for life, no. Should an 18yr old boy be labeled as a pedo for life cause he has sex with his 16yr old girlfriend and her parents pressed charges, NO!

Should a guy that is getting his rocks off to 5yr old children be labeled for life, YES! Should a guy that preys on women and rapes then be labeled, YES!

So my answer is that it depends.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post

Should a guy that is getting his rocks off to 5yr old children be labeled for life, YES! .
Would you explain exactly what you mean by this? Do you mean a lonely 50-year old mamma's boy who gets aroused in the privacy of his own home looking at ads for little girls' nighties in the WalMart flyer in the Sunday supplements? Who has never, and will never do any living person any harm whatsoever. And nobody would ever know until there is a fire in his building and the firemen come in and find his stash and turn him over to the police, who arrange a psychiatric test and have him put away forever with nurse Ratchet?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:17 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Would you explain exactly what you mean by this? Do you mean a lonely 50-year old mamma's boy who gets aroused in the privacy of his own home looking at ads for little girls' nighties in the WalMart flyer in the Sunday supplements? Who has never, and will never do any living person any harm whatsoever. And nobody would ever know until there is a fire in his building and the firemen come in and find his stash and turn him over to the police, who arrange a psychiatric test and have him put away forever with nurse Ratchet?
No, I mean more along the lines of the dude that was just locked up in this area a few days ago for sexually molesting the 9yr old little girl next door.

He is SICK, IMO. It's one thing to have fantasies, but it's a whole 'nother ballgame to act upon them. He acted upon them, so whatever he gets (between the judge (legal recourse), the other inmates (jailhouse justice), and after (the scorn from the community after jail), he deserves and rightly so.

If your "hypothetical" dude actually exists, and he has not actively acted upon his desires and molested a child, IMO that's a case of "no harm, no foul".

I am sure some in here might feel differently, but again, that is my opinion.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I think if we label sex offenders, we should label everyone convicted of a crime. I don't want to live next to a murderer or thief, either.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
the other inmates (jailhouse justice), .
So, in this great nation, you leave the administration of justice up to convicted felons?

Good. Let the inmates decide who ought to be pardoned and released. Wouldn't that be the "jailhouse justice" that you are such a glowing advocate of?

Old 05-23-2009, 12:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think if we label sex offenders, we should label everyone convicted of a crime. I don't want to live next to a murderer or thief, either.

And chained to a post overnight. For some reason they like to crawl out of the woodwork after dark. Kinda like cockroaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates