U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:24 PM
 
742 posts, read 1,051,251 times
Reputation: 345

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I look at it as "why should I have to put up with it?"
you can look at it that way, but that doesn't mean u are right

 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
you can look at it that way, but that doesn't mean u are right
How am I wrong from viewing things from a "why should anyone have to put up with it?" view.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,513,827 times
Reputation: 3869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I know I am not a spoiled rich kid or a criminal, but what I meant was that if a person is THOUGHT to be a criminal for any reason, he or she will be perceived and treated as such. I don't want that. You got pulled over for a bogus reason, well, you should have reported that. You shouldn't have to put up with it either. I look at it as "why should I have to put up with it?"
I didn't say I got pulled over for a bogus reason. You said that - which is pretty telling.

But I'm pretty sure... Wait, I KNOW that if YOU had been pulled over for the same reason, you'd claim it was bogus and that you were a victim of racism.

THAT is why you desperately need to stop believing that everybody is out to get you, because you're black.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM
 
742 posts, read 1,051,251 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
How am I wrong from viewing things from a "why should anyone have to put up with it?" view.
its part of having a society. and secondly, in my life i've met lots of minor scofflaws (and some major) that all said they got a bum rap.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,513,827 times
Reputation: 3869
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
its part of having a society. and secondly, in my life i've met lots of minor scofflaws (and some major) that all said they got a bum rap.
A good friend of mine is a former state penitentiary convict. Up until 2 years ago, he spent most of his life in the pen.

What he has told me is what I've read repeatedly in all kinds of places.

Virtually every prison inmate claims that they're innocent, and that they got a bum rap.

But here's the problem: The overwhelming majority of them are as guilty as guilty can be. They're just lying about it.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
 
742 posts, read 1,051,251 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
A good friend of mine is a former state penitentiary convict. Up until 2 years ago, he spent most of his life in the pen.

What he has told me is what I've read repeatedly in all kinds of places.

Virtually every prison inmate claims that they're innocent, and that they got a bum rap.

But here's the problem: The overwhelming majority of them are as guilty as guilty can be. They're just lying about it.
exactly, it reminds me of a HS friend that used to smoke a lot of pot, and he would come in to class and complain that while he and his friends where 'toking" it up on the side of the road the cops drove by and hassled him for no reason.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 03:03 PM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
its part of having a society. and secondly, in my life i've met lots of minor scofflaws (and some major) that all said they got a bum rap.
It is part of having this particular society and it is something that has been entrenched in this society for 400 years. I hardly believe it would change in a generation. It takes more than that.
 
Old 09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
 
742 posts, read 1,051,251 times
Reputation: 345
are u kidding me? name a society where the police do not have the right to stop citizens? this country is very very very lax on criminals, don't kid yourself

try traveling once in a while. even amsterdam will toss your ass in jail for disrespecting cops
 
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,513,827 times
Reputation: 3869
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
are u kidding me? name a society where the police do not have the right to stop citizens? this country is very very very lax on criminals, don't kid yourself

try traveling once in a while. even amsterdam will toss your ass in jail for disrespecting cops
Yeah, but only if you're black! That's the ONLY reason they'd do that!
 
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
 
44,723 posts, read 43,262,217 times
Reputation: 14445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
A good friend of mine is a former state penitentiary convict. Up until 2 years ago, he spent most of his life in the pen.

What he has told me is what I've read repeatedly in all kinds of places.

[B]Virtually every prison inmate claims that they're innocent, and that they got a bum rap. [/b]

But here's the problem: The overwhelming majority of them are as guilty as guilty can be. They're just lying about it.
And there have been people who have actually served time for crimes they didn't committ. I am not saying every person in prison is innocent. I am saying cases such as people being put in prison for crimes they didn't committ do happen and have happened. Thanks to DNA evidence, some criminals have actually been cleared of whatever they were accused of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top