U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 11:13 AM

44,891 posts, read 43,448,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Oh. So there haven't been any problems in Europe within the last 100 years? No World Wars or anything? No genocide by a maniacal lunatic? Nobody tried to conquer all of Europe? Nothing of the sort?

Is there any problem, in all of the world, that is NOT the fault of White people?
I never said that either. I just said Europe as a whole isn't in the same amount of mess as Africa. I know about the Holocaust and Hitler and how he tried to take over the world. I know that the Moors tried to take over, but they were eventually kicked out. Africa was completely taken over and ruled over. I know there have been problems all over the world, but we are not talking about those problems. I am talking specifically about why African is in worse condition than any other continent. I said colonial powers caused problems in Africa. I never said "white people". Yes, the persons who took over Africa and ruled over it were white, but I am not talking about "fault". I am talking about how Africa was leached more extremes than anywhere else in the world, and how African-Americans were dealt worse conditions than any other ethnic group in this nation(with the exception of Native Americans). At least when you mention things, I listen.

And another thing to think about. Where did the concept of "whiteness" come from? Well, it was a concept stirred up by the elites to keep the indentured servants from Europe and African slaves from rebelling against the main powers. The concept of race was used as a divider so that the persons in charge could do their dirty work.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:18 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,564,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I never said that either. I just said Europe as a whole isn't in the same amount of mess as Africa. I know about the Holocaust and Hitler and how he tried to take over the world. I know that the Moors tried to take over, but they were eventually kicked out. Africa was completely taken over and ruled over. I know there have been problems all over the world, but we are not talking about those problems. I am talking specifically about why African is in worse condition than any other continent. I said colonial powers caused problems in Africa. I never said "white people". Yes, the persons who took over Africa and ruled over it were white, but I am not talking about "fault". I am talking about how Africa was leached more extremes than anywhere else in the world, and how African-Americans were dealt worse conditions than any other ethnic group in this nation(with the exception of Native Americans). At least when you mention things, I listen.
Actually, I have been reading everything you've been saying. You just don't want to believe it.

And honestly, what you've been saying is that Blacks have it worse than anybody else in the world, and it is the fault of Whites. No matter where it is, Blacks are disadvantaged - and it's always because Whites have done it.

Whites not only went & rounded up slaves out of Africa, they completely ruined the continent (never mind that that is historically inaccurate). In fact, Whites have destroyed Africa to the point that Blacks cannot even go back there. Whites continue to subject Blacks to horrible discrimination and institutionalized oppression in the United States, to the point that you simply cannot succeed here. Never mind that millions of Blacks ARE succeeding - and doing so grandly - in the United States. Never mind that we have a Black President. It still can't be done!

You don't want to believe you're saying that, but you are.

If you want to talk about who has attacked who, throughout the history of the world, you're welcome to do that. But you better come to the discussion in full armor.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Actually, I have been reading everything you've been saying. You just don't want to believe it.

And honestly, what you've been saying is that Blacks have it worse than anybody else in the world, and it is the fault of Whites. No matter where it is, Blacks are disadvantaged - and it's always because Whites have done it.

You don't want to believe you're saying that, but you are.

If you want to talk about who has attacked who, throughout the history of the world, you're welcome to do that. But you better come to the discussion in full armor.
I am in full armor. I am the one who goes and researches this stuff. I find these things in books and college professors.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I am in full armor. I am the one who goes and researches this stuff. I find these things in books and college professors.
Have non-Whites ever invaded Europe?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Have non-Whites ever invaded Europe?
I did mention the Moors. The Moors were kicked out later on.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I did mention the Moors. The Moors were kicked out later on.
Any others?

See, the way you seem to be thinking, Europe is just this Utopian little place where all the horrible, evil White people come from to ruin the world.

But you're obviously not a student of history, or you'd know better.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:46 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,109,946 times
Quote:

And another thing to think about. Where did the concept of "whiteness" come from? Well, it was a concept stirred up by the elites to keep the indentured servants from Europe and African slaves from rebelling against the main powers. The concept of race was used as a divider so that the persons in charge could do their dirty work.
This is probably going to be the most stirring account of the repercussions of racial injustices that will be made...what you say here is very true...Tribal conflicts existed in Africa for centuries (just like every land has had its internal conflicts) BUT there was NOT widespread famine, turmoil, and govt. sponsored massacres before western imperialism....

Western imperialism introduced modern weaponry (guns) to select populations of Africans thereby creating a power vacuum among the tribes in Africa. The imbalance between the more primitive weaponry that African tribes traditionally used, and the weaponry that Europeans introduced created an insurmountably lopsided power grab in parts of Africa. The widespread famine, and ethnic cleansing we see today were not prevalent before western imperialism...

Old 07-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Any others?

See, the way you seem to be thinking, Europe is just this Utopian little place where all the horrible, evil White people come from to ruin the world.

But you're obviously not a student of history, or you'd know better.
Can you name any?

I never said Europe was a Utopian society. I know that the nations were warring against one another. I was stating a historical fact. People from places like Spain, UK, France, The Netherlands, and Belgium colonized Africa for their own financial gain, leaching from Africa. A select number of people from those places ruled over the African continent. I was saying colonialism did alot of damage to Africa. That is what the point I was trying to make, a point you fail to see.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
"I just acknowledge that for as hard as any white works, blacks must work 3 times harder to equivocate the same success rates due to the lineage from which they hail."

you like that?...lol...I figured you would...I acknowledge it just like I acknowledged that I personally know many extremely hardworking whites...what you want me to lie about that too?...

Quote:
Read what you wrote, for crying out loud. You're condescendingly patting me on the back for what I've done. Then you follow it up with this gem.
So any black who has achieved what I have achieved has had to work 3 times harder for it? BS!

condescendingly? you have a completely misguided interpretation of my statements, stemming from your own internal desire to be exalted for your work efforts...If you feel I am patronizing you for your accomplishments, thats unfortunate..that is a psychological hangup that prevents you from accepting commendation, and thats your issue not mine..

Call it what you want...I didnt expect you to accept it...Im just telling you the contrast that exists between the white and black progression in this country.

Quote:
EVERYWHERE I've worked, there have been Blacks working there too. EVERWHERE I've been in school, there have been BLACKS there too. But it was somehow, mysteriously, magically, 3 times harder for them to be there and do what I was doing? LOL!!!

So why do you keep making excuses? I think I know!
You didnt happen to notice how many whites were there in contrast to blacks did you?...way to let the exception override the rule...lol

I keep making 'excuses' likely for the same reason you keep making excuses for your obsession with stereotyping...I guess we're both set in our ways..lol

Last edited by solytaire; 07-14-2009 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No, poor poor women have to work 3 TIMES HARDER than men in order to achieve the same thing. Or at least that's what every woman Doctor I know tells me.

Then there are BLACK WOMEN Doctors. And since it's 3 times as hard for women, and 3 times as hard for Blacks, that means it's 9 TIMES AS HARD FOR BLACK WOMEN TO BECOME DOCTORS - at least in comparison to those lazy, worthless white male Doctors!

Add to that the FACT that we KNOW that every house automatically TRIPLES in price if a BLACK person wants to buy it, and it's danged-near impossible for Blacks to buy houses!

Wait wait wait... All those things are only true to people who have been living in the United States for generations. The NEW IMMIGRANTS don't seem to face any of those same life-stopping obstacles.
Wait for it! Oh here it comes..lol..thats what I was waiting for^^: the old disaffected, sarcastic non minority spiel...well, its good to see you're at least halfway decent at arithmetic, because your statement has no application in reality..

You try to make some disingenuous correlation between the plight of women and ethnic immigrants...

when in truth you dont even account for the wage gap among genders, or the opportunity gap between the races who have an extended lineage in this country...but hey, its not like I ever expected you to do as much...just pointing out the flaw in your attempt at an analogy.

Quote:
at least in comparison to those lazy, worthless white male Doctors!
You are projecting...dont let your emotions get away from you..chin up, dry those eyes!...you're not lazy, or worthless no matter what your teachers told you...(ok, Im just kidding about that part)

but seriously you seem to translate the fact that blacks have to work 3 TIMES AS HARD AS WHITES to achieve the same outcome, with some sort of slight towards your own work ethic...

Ill bet you threw a fit, when documentaries actually quote the fact that: when all societal variables are accounted for, BLACKS DO HAVE TO WORK TWICE AS HARD AS WHITES TO ACHIEVE THE SAME OBJECTIVE in this society....lol

Its nothing to get bent out of shape over...I wasnt the first to say it and wont be the last..there have been several studies done (some within documentaries like A&E, CNN - Black In America, etc.) that have already and will conclude the same thing.

BLACKS MUST OVERCOME TRIPLE THE OBSTACLES OF WHITES TO ACHIEVE THE SAME OBJECTIVE...Unfortunate but true..whah!..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates