U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,087,259 times
Reputation: 1814

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Yeah, I appreciate it. I sure have learned a lot about Africa today. Do the folks in charge of such things know that we don't have to send them any more aide?

- Reel
I suspect that since they didnt ask for any "aide" to begin with, that they are well aware that at one time, before exploitation and imperialism, they subsisted without foreign intervention.

 
Old 07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Rogers, AR
481 posts, read 807,735 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Africa was found to be way behind most of Europe when the first European set foot in Africa. Colonization did not cause the lack of development in Africa. Colonization actually increased the development. The development then decreased once the African countries became independent. The citizens in these former colonies could not maintain the development that was brought by colonization. Examples include South Africa and Rhodesia.

Also, there were other countries that were colonized in other parts of the world that have done quite well with independence. Examples include the United States of America, India and Vietnam.

It is the inhabitants of these lands that determines the level of development. The lack of development in Africa is not caused by some former mistreatment of the inhabitants.

- Reel
Oh my, I didn't thenk there were still people out there who really believed that there is a correlation between being technologically advanced and barbarianism. Shoot, even my 8 yo daughter knows this. That kind of thinking is as outdated as believing the world is flat, for heaven sakes. Haven't you ever seen Disney's Pocahontas? "You think the only people who are people....are the people who look and look like yooouuu. But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn thigns you never knew you never knew." And here I thought it was just a lesson for children. I mean Disney needs work on their diversity training, but even THEY get that concept.

Seriously though, are you really trying to make a case for colonization as a benefit for indigenious peoples?
 
Old 07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,453,494 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
you like that?...lol...I figured you would...I acknowledge it just like I acknowledged that I personally know many extremely hardworking whites...what you want me to lie about that too?...

condescendingly? you have a completely misguided interpretation of my statements, stemming from your own internal desire to be exalted for your work efforts...If you feel I am patronizing you for your accomplishments, thats unfortunate..that is a psychological hangup that prevents you from accepting commendation, and thats your issue not mine..

Call it what you want...I didnt expect you to accept it...Im just telling you the contrast that exists between the white and black progression in this country.

You didnt happen to notice how many whites were there in contrast to blacks did you?...way to let the exception override the rule...lol

I keep making 'excuses' likely for the same reason you keep making excuses for your obsession with stereotyping...I guess we're both set in our ways..lol
So let's see if I've got this straight, Dr Freud.

- I now want to be exalted for my hard work.
- I have psychological hang-ups.
- You know more about where I have worked than I do.
- You know more about the colleges I attended than I do.


But nevermind. You're right. Blacks can't succeed in America. It's one big Klan rally. You might as well all die.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:03 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,453,494 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Wait for it! Oh here it comes..lol..thats what I was waiting for^^: the old disaffected, sarcastic non minority spiel...well, its good to see you're at least halfway decent at arithmetic, because your statement has no application in reality..

You try to make some disingenuous correlation between the plight of women and ethnic immigrants...

when in truth you dont even account for the wage gap among genders, or the opportunity gap between the races who have an extended lineage in this country...but hey, its not like I ever expected you to do as much...just pointing out the flaw in your attempt at an analogy.

You are projecting...dont let your emotions get away from you..chin up, dry those eyes!...you're not lazy, or worthless no matter what your teachers told you...(ok, Im just kidding about that part)

but seriously you seem to translate the fact that blacks have to work 3 TIMES AS HARD AS WHITES to achieve the same outcome, with some sort of slight towards your own work ethic...

Ill bet you threw a fit, when documentaries actually quote the fact that: when all societal variables are accounted for, BLACKS DO HAVE TO WORK TWICE AS HARD AS WHITES TO ACHIEVE THE SAME OBJECTIVE in this society....lol

Its nothing to get bent out of shape over...I wasnt the first to say it and wont be the last..there have been several studies done (some within documentaries like A&E, CNN - Black In America, etc.) that have already and will conclude the same thing.

BLACKS MUST OVERCOME TRIPLE THE OBSTACLES OF WHITES TO ACHIEVE THE SAME OBJECTIVE...Unfortunate but true..whah!..lol
So at first you claimed blacks have to work 3 times as hard as whites, now you're claiming they have to work twice as hard.

As long as you're just making crap up, calling names, making broad assumptions and derogatory statements, why not just say blacks have to work a hundred-gazillion times harder than whites?

You're all oppressed. You're all underprivileged. You're all born to fail.



It must REALLY SUCK to have your mindset. You must be a horribly miserable person - along with a few other perpetual excuse-makers on this forum. Wow!
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,453,494 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Africa was found to be way behind most of Europe when the first European set foot in Africa. Colonization did not cause the lack of development in Africa. Colonization actually increased the development. The development then decreased once the African countries became independent. The citizens in these former colonies could not maintain the development that was brought by colonization. Examples include South Africa and Rhodesia.

- Reel
No, No, NO!!!!!!!!

Everything - and I do mean EVERYTHING that is, or has ever been wrong in Africa is the DIRECT FAULT OF WHITES.

It's the same in the United States. EVERYTHING wrong here is the direct fault of whites. Period.

That's what liberal politicians have been telling blacks for years, in order to buy their votes. That's what blacks have come to accept as truth, because it is one heckuva lot easier than actually doing what ANYBODY has to do to succeed.


It's all the White Man's fault. Period.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,087,259 times
Reputation: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So let's see if I've got this straight, Dr Freud.

- I now want to be exalted for my hard work.
- I have psychological hang-ups.
- You know more about where I have worked than I do.
- You know more about the colleges I attended than I do.


But nevermind. You're right. Blacks can't succeed in America. It's one big Klan rally. You might as well all die.
lol...you just cant get any of it right can you? lol@ you telling me to die...sucks for you, Im young and you're stuck with me for a while
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,453,494 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
lol...you just cant get any of it right can you? lol@ you telling me to die...sucks for you, Im young and you're stuck with me for a while
Well here's a heads up for you, pup. Stop throwing crap, then claiming you didn't throw it. Stop saying stupid, outlandish things then claiming you never said them. You're NOT that smart. And your jealousy is not cute.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:33 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,087,259 times
Reputation: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So at first you claimed blacks have to work 3 times as hard as whites, now you're claiming they have to work twice as hard.

As long as you're just making crap up, calling names, making broad assumptions and derogatory statements, why not just say blacks have to work a hundred-gazillion times harder than whites?

You're all oppressed. You're all underprivileged. You're all born to fail.



It must REALLY SUCK to have your mindset. You must be a horribly miserable person - along with a few other perpetual excuse-makers on this forum. Wow!

Hmm...a gazillion?...I never thought about it like that but now that you you stated it, we can accept gazillion as well...yup gazillion times harder than whites sounds just about right..

Actually its pretty cool being me...I get to expose excuse-making stereotypers and racists like you..and I can manipulate you're emotion to with the tweeking of two/THREE words...

I get to watch you wallow in your misery as you bellyache about how hard you had to work to accomplish what you have despite the fact that you obviously still feel like an underachiever, **whah!!**and how tired you are of blacks citing past injustices for their present condition...

...life is grand my man!
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,087,259 times
Reputation: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Well here's a heads up for you, pup. Stop throwing crap, then claiming you didn't throw it. Stop saying stupid, outlandish things then claiming you never said them. You're NOT that smart. And your jealousy is not cute.
Here's one for you lil lady, why should I feel the need to stop saying outlandish things when you have been doing the same for as long as you have been posting here?

lol..Who said I was smart?...Im just engaging in a very civil thread discussion concerning race...There you go projecting again...

If the "facts" you have attempted to put forth are supposed to be an indicator of your intellect then we can all see why you had to work so hard...lol...in fact you probably had to work two OR THREE times harder than others in your ethic group...
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,453,494 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Hmm...a gazillion?...I never thought about it like that but now that you you stated it, we can accept gazillion as well...yup gazillion times harder than whites sounds just about right..

Actually its pretty cool being me...I get to expose excuse-making stereotypers and racists like you..and I can manipulate you're emotion to with the tweeking of two/THREE words...

I get to watch you wallow in your misery as you bellyache about how hard you had to work to accomplish what you have despite the fact that you obviously still feel like an underachiever, **whah!!**and how tired you are of blacks citing past injustices for their present condition...

...life is grand my man!
Actually, I have succeeded. You have not.

You want to believe it's only because I'm white, but we both know that's a lie.

So go ahead and continue to be jealous. Go ahead and continue to blame others for your lack of education, a good job, family and success. It has worked so far. No need to stop now.

Good on you, junior!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top