U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,461,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Fine, Those nations were invaded by Egypt, but I have another question: Were those nations affected by it as badly?
Oh come on. You're intentionally refusing to see the point.

It's okay to repeat after me, "Nobody is innocent. No race is innocent. No country is innocent. No continent is innocent."

There. Was that so hard?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:59 AM

44,585 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Oh come on. You're intentionally refusing to see the point.

It's okay to repeat after me, "Nobody is innocent. No race is innocent. No country is innocent. No continent is innocent."

There. Was that so hard?
I never said anyone is innocent. What I notice is that you seem to think everything that is happening to Africa is mostly Africa's fault. Did Africa ask for anything that was done to it?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:44 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,990,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Could you please explain the bolded in a little more detail? Are you saying that the African and Indian people are of poor quality? How so? And are you seriously stating that colonization is only a small factor in the history of Africa and India?

Something tells me you are just trying to get a rise of people which is sad cause even though I have disagreed with you, I did think your style of debate was commendable.
"Colonization may well be a small contributing factor. But it is by far not the major contributing factor. The quality of life in most countries is directly proportional to the quality of the inhabitants."

I think 'quality' may have been the wrong word. Lets say that the degree of development in a country has more to do with the ability of the inhabitants to develop than the fact that said country may have been colonized. To any degree that the countries in Africa remain less developed than the countries in Europe, it is mostly due to the fact that the inhabitants of Africa are less able to develop than the inhabitants of Europe. Is that better?

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Could you please explain the bolded in a little more detail? Are you saying that the African and Indian people are of poor quality? How so? And are you seriously stating that colonization is only a small factor in the history of Africa and India?

Something tells me you are just trying to get a rise of people which is sad cause even though I have disagreed with you, I did think your style of debate was commendable.
PS - Many countries in Africa were colonized as was India. India is now much more developed than any of Africa's former colonies. I think the inhabitants of India are better 'able' to develop than the inhabitants of Africa's former colonies.

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I never said anyone is innocent. What I notice is that you seem to think everything that is happening to Africa is mostly Africa's fault. Did Africa ask for anything that was done to it?
'Fault' is probable the wrong word. All countries face problmes from time to time. Many African countries are less able to do as much about their problems as many other countries such as the US and countries in Europe. As I have said, colonization may have been a contributing factor to the lack of development in Africa. But it is not the major factor.

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 PM

I would hope that a wise white person with the richness of their experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a black person who hasn't lived that life.

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Did Europe ask for Attila the Hun to attack?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 PM

44,585 posts, read 43,115,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Did Europe ask for Attila the Hun to attack?
No it didn't. Please explain how much damage and how long it took to recover from Attila the Hun's horrors.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
No it didn't. Please explain how much damage and how long it took to recover from Attila the Hun's horrors.
The folks in Europe had the ability with which to recover from such a disaster.

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Why are you continuing this little game?

First you're acting like only Africa was ever invade - and that, of course, by whites. Then when that's proven wrong, you simply move to random blame claim. Then when that's proven wrong, you simply move on to another excuse.

And all the while, you simply insist that Whites have somehow permanently victimized the rest of the world.

But you're wrong. You're just plain wrong. And if you would spend some time studying history, you'd know that. Every race, every country, every continent and every religion (or lack thereof) has engaged in warfare and/or persecution. You just want to believe that Blacks and/or Africa have been more victimized than anybody else in the history of the world - and thus, you have an excuse for anything that is wrong in your life.

I guess you see what you want to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates