Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The folks in Europe had the ability with which to recover from such a disaster.

- Reel
And THAT is the point that the good Pirate is belligerently refusing to acknowledge.

There is probably not a single square mile of land, anywhere on the earth, that is not stained with human blood, due to some battle, war, aggression and/or persecution. Throughout history this sort of thing has been a constant.

It is NOT unique to Africa, nor is it unique to black people. Period.

The DIFFERENCE is what people decide to do AFTER some horrible thing happens. Some people choose to work through it, some choose to wallow in it.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And THAT is the point that the good Pirate is belligerently refusing to acknowledge.

There is probably not a single square mile of land, anywhere on the earth, that is not stained with human blood, due to some battle, war, aggression and/or persecution. Throughout history this sort of thing has been a constant.

The DIFFERENCE is what people decide to do AFTER some horrible thing happens. Some people choose to work through it, some choose to wallow in it.
Well said. However, I'm not sure the folks in Africa choose to wallow in it. I think that they may not have the same ability to recover that the folks in other countries such as India, United States or European countries have.

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Why are you continuing this little game?

First you're acting like only Africa was ever invade - and that, of course, by whites. Then when that's proven wrong, you simply move to random blame claim. Then when that's proven wrong, you simply move on to another excuse.

And all the while, you simply insist that Whites have somehow permanently victimized the rest of the world.

But you're wrong. You're just plain wrong. And if you would spend some time studying history, you'd know that. Every race, every country, every continent and every religion (or lack thereof) has engaged in warfare and/or persecution. You just want to believe that Blacks and/or Africa have been more victimized than anybody else in the history of the world - and thus, you have an excuse for anything that is wrong in your life.

I guess you see what you want to see.
I never said Africa was the only continent that was ever invade. I said it was treated WORSE than any other continent. That was the point I was trying to make. It was invaded and colonized WORSE.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Europe had more ability to recover from its invasions. That was true. Africa hasn't recovered so easily. One thing you have to ask is WHY? Why is it that Africa has not recovered so well compared to Europe? Both continents had internal struggles, but why is Africa doing much worse? You have to ask why and then do the research.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:

PS-

What you say is true. I would think that what you say is obvious. I think the Pirates reluctance to admit this has a lot to do with the implications it may have regarding the problems that black folks have in other countries i.e. Haiti, the US, etc.

- Reel

Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I never said Africa was the only continent that was ever invade. I said it was treated WORSE than any other continent. That was the point I was trying to make. It was invaded and colonized WORSE.
Ahhhh... It was WORSE for Africa. Gotcha. It was WORSE for Blacks. Gotcha. It is STILL worse for Blacks. Gotcha.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Europe had more ability to recover from its invasions. That was true. Africa hasn't recovered so easily. One thing you have to ask is WHY? Why is it that Africa has not recovered so well compared to Europe? Both continents had internal struggles, but why is Africa doing much worse? You have to ask why and then do the research.
One thing that I have found in doing my research that I think may have a lot to do with it is the average IQs of the inhabitants of the various nations. The average IQ in Africa south of the Sahara is about 70. The average IQ of the nations in Western Europe and the US is about 100. That's 2 standard deviations and is quite significant.

- Reel

Quote:
I would STRONGLY suggest you do what you're suggesting.

As YOURSELF why - then do some research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
PS-

What you say is true. I would think that what you say is obvious. I think the Pirates reluctance to admit this has a lot to do with the implications it may have regarding the problems that black folks have in other countries i.e. Haiti, the US, etc.

- Reel
I know Haiti has problems. I know that many African-Americans have problems. To just accept it as is doesn't work for me. It is important to ask why that is. It is important to do the research and look at the history. Why are black people having problems in other countries? I think some people would try to say that it is something within black people in general, as to suggest that they are inherently inferior. I am aware that Every continent has had internal trouble. The question is what is the difference between Africa and the rest of the world? What has happened to Africa that things are so bad other than internal trouble(because every continent has had internal struggle)?

Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I would STRONGLY suggest you do what you're suggesting.

As YOURSELF why - then do some research.
I am asking why and reading books about these things. In my anthropology class, my professor showed the film, Guns,Germs,and Steel. It helped me to launch more research.

I am a firm believer than no human being is inferior and that people are often products of their environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates