U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 11:00 PM

11,768 posts, read 15,788,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBradley View Post
Do you believe December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world?
Actually I'm more concerned about could happen to the U.S. by 2010 or 2011.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 AM

13,624 posts, read 10,695,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Actually I'm more concerned about could happen to the U.S. by 2010 or 2011.
i'm more worried about being up to my arm pits in diapers soon!!!!!did you know that on planet octupulous their is 8 diapers for every octupulan...that's why i left the planet in search of a new one.. i think i'm going to skipp earth it's getting crowded down there too

Old 05-13-2009, 05:18 PM

4,179 posts, read 9,113,598 times
What will be fun is having all of the folks racing around panicking at the last minute, trying to save themselves, just like they did for Y2K. I was a counselor on a few of those hysterical forums then, and you wouldn't believe what your neighbors were doing to "prepare"... downright stupid or frightening stuff.

Things to note for the Apocalypse(any of them)
1. DO NOT store gasoline in your apartment closet. Not in 5 gallon jugs, not in one gallon jugs. Not at all.
2. DO NOT rent a portapotty for your backyard the week before, thinking you will be the only "smart one" in the complex when the water and electricity go off.
3. DO NOT have guns stored from your grandparents that you have never cleaned or shot yourself.
4. DO NOT stock up on bread, frozen foods, or any perishable items.
5. DO NOT go to the store the day before and buy out their battery supplies, generators, or flashlights.
6. DO NOT sit at the computer waiting for Australia or China to be the first to "wink out' or disappear, because they get tomorrow today.
7. DO NOT try to rewire your apartment complex's wall thermostat to a generator.
8. DO NOT store 50-gallon drums of water in your above-ground condo.

There's lots more. You wouldn't BEE-lieve what terrified people think they can do without harming themselves or others.

I'm running a special on tinfoil hats this week.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:28 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,414,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBradley View Post
Do you believe December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world?
Saint Malachi predicted it
as did Nostradamus (sometime shortly after the year 2000)
and the Mayan Calendar stops on December 21, 2012.
What do you think??
NASA - JPL Solar System Simulator

Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM

18,717 posts, read 4,702,479 times
Ask me December 22, 2012......................if you're still alive.............and I'm still alive.

The world ends every day for some people, they die.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:21 AM

18,104 posts, read 16,444,002 times
If the world ends, does that mean the astronauts on the space station get stranded or will be humanity's last survivors?

Old 05-14-2009, 09:18 AM

149 posts, read 350,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If the world ends, does that mean the astronauts on the space station get stranded or will be humanity's last survivors?

Hmm, that's a good question..

Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,489,505 times
or will they be assimilated into the Borg?

We really need a thread that starts as a story line and is finished by the rest of us. What a hoot that would be.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:19 AM

149 posts, read 350,908 times
Maybe some sort of time travel or ability to "get around" the limits of time is discovered that enables them to make contact with alien life forms that reside on one of these other Earth like planets?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM

33 posts, read 70,300 times
Every day is an APOCALYPSE for someone or something. The world is in constant change. When the world comes crashing down you, that is your apocalypse. Remember that BIG tsunami that killed hundreds of people a few years back... just try tell them that wasn't their apocalypse!

Scientists say that the world goes through axis changes periodically, it creates global changes that used to kill off loads of animals that populated the world before us... now we are the animals populating the world, so we will be the ones to suffer when it happens again.

But the last few times this even took place, there were species that didn't make it and there were species that did... the same will likely happen this time around too... but Humans, much like cockroaches, have an amazing ability to survive the worst case scenarios. Now, the question is next... what KIND of human will be the one to survive and in what kind of world will they have to survive in ??? !!!! ???? !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates