U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2009, 09:10 AM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,471 posts, read 33,431,905 times
Reputation: 15204

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
Hiv,,is the first stage of aids kinda..hiv is like dorm,But causes aids in most cases? i am not sure on the stats?After living thrue the big era..Even i should know more than i do after hearing it so much and knowing people with it! So i think its time they should put it back in the news more so poeple like me would know what has changed since the time i thaught it was a matter of time before you died..I honestly think people was done after a few years..after getting it!So there is a lot i dont know still?
How old are you??? Why are you so concerned about having the NEWS media keeping YOU up to date on the AIDS situation? Why not ask a medical professional like your doctor this question? Why not instead use Google and go to the CDC site or some other infectious disease medical sites and read what they have to say about the situation? And visit those sites monthly if it makes you feel better.

It seems to me that you don't feel comfortable asking a medical profession person in real life about the AIDS situation. Instead you want the news media to waste their bandwidth with repeating the current status of the AIDS situation. And you also would like them to present the story in a scary and urgent manner in order to keep you and your friends practicing safe sex and to encourage you to not be promiscuous.

Just use your commonsense. You know already how AIDS is transmitted and how best to avoid getting it. The only news you would really need to know is if they eventually develop a vaccine against it or find a complete cure for it. But neither has happened yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2009, 08:48 PM
 
485 posts, read 903,529 times
Reputation: 100
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol! They did a whole South Park episode on this. How AIDS is not in fashion anymore.
Yes i did along with the one where cartman tried to find his father lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 08:52 PM
 
485 posts, read 903,529 times
Reputation: 100
Default stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How old are you??? Why are you so concerned about having the NEWS media keeping YOU up to date on the AIDS situation? Why not ask a medical professional like your doctor this question? Why not instead use Google and go to the CDC site or some other infectious disease medical sites and read what they have to say about the situation? And visit those sites monthly if it makes you feel better.

It seems to me that you don't feel comfortable asking a medical profession person in real life about the AIDS situation. Instead you want the news media to waste their bandwidth with repeating the current status of the AIDS situation. And you also would like them to present the story in a scary and urgent manner in order to keep you and your friends practicing safe sex and to encourage you to not be promiscuous.

Just use your commonsense. You know already how AIDS is transmitted and how best to avoid getting it. The only news you would really need to know is if they eventually develop a vaccine against it or find a complete cure for it. But neither has happened yet.
ARE YOU CRAZY? Yes i may know but does all the children around know? And why did it slow down? ....EDUCATION....So get a life a real one....Its people like you who whould set back and let it kill everyone..if you was in charge! For now you just work on those fries and burgers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 09:10 PM
 
485 posts, read 903,529 times
Reputation: 100
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How old are you??? Why are you so concerned about having the NEWS media keeping YOU up to date on the AIDS situation? Why not ask a medical professional like your doctor this question? Why not instead use Google and go to the CDC site or some other infectious disease medical sites and read what they have to say about the situation? And visit those sites monthly if it makes you feel better.

It seems to me that you don't feel comfortable asking a medical profession person in real life about the AIDS situation. Instead you want the news media to waste their bandwidth with repeating the current status of the AIDS situation. And you also would like them to present the story in a scary and urgent manner in order to keep you and your friends practicing safe sex and to encourage you to not be promiscuous.

Just use your commonsense. You know already how AIDS is transmitted and how best to avoid getting it. The only news you would really need to know is if they eventually develop a vaccine against it or find a complete cure for it. But neither has happened yet.
If thats what you want to know?i told you...i see you think you already know everything! So why are you on here?This is about a epedemic that should concern you? I just noticed the athiast thing on your page! I see you may not have the same typical issuse as most of us? Its none of your bizz about my personal life either!Most Americans care about our children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 09:37 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,471 posts, read 33,431,905 times
Reputation: 15204
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
ARE YOU CRAZY? Yes i may know but does all the children around know? And why did it slow down? ....EDUCATION....So get a life a real one....Its people like you who whould set back and let it kill everyone..if you was in charge! For now you just work on those fries and burgers!
Right. And health care education should come directly from health care professionals, not two paragraphs from a news media source or on the nightly news.

Sine you mentioned children needing to know about AIDS, what about their parents telling them about AIDS when they get their lecture about the birds and the bees? Or their school nurse can have pamphlets in her office. Or some schools have health and hygiene classes. Or maybe even a short lecture by their gym class teacher. And what children read the news on a regular basis?

And what about adults like yourself passing the word to the young people around you? Word of mouth is a great to share YOUR knowledge about AIDS and STDs. If anything children, teens and young people are not likely to care about front page news stories. If anything, they would more likely pay attention to a safe sex tv infomercial given by Hannah Montana.

But the news media is there to spread the current stories in the news. The news media is not set up to educate people on sex education or hygiene practices.

And there's no reason to flip out on me. You are being the unreasonable one here. I suppose you are one of those people that actually got into Bush's Homeland Security threat level system with its colour codes. Maybe you would like the same simplistic system developed for AIDS. And let's keep it perpetually at threat level "severe" just to keep you and your friends on their toes. Meanwhile, while you're so concerned about AIDS, you'll get Hepatitis C or herpes instead... or maybe get hit by the bus while crossing the street.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/photos/150-hsas.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 09:48 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,471 posts, read 33,431,905 times
Reputation: 15204
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
If thats what you want to know?i told you...i see you think you already know everything! So why are you on here?This is about a epedemic that should concern you? I just noticed the athiast thing on your page! I see you may not have the same typical issuse as most of us? Its none of your bizz about my personal life either!Most Americans care about our children
So why the secrecy about your age? You don't seem know how to do your own research on the topics you care about. You expect the tv news, newspapers and the news media to teach you about AIDS instead of a doctor or nurse. You also want the news media to keep reminding you about the dangers of AIDS as if you can't be bothered to remember the details on your own. You post like you are only 16-17 years old and still in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,471 posts, read 33,431,905 times
Reputation: 15204
Gee whiz... I just googled up "AIDS website" and look what I found on top of the list! A US government website completely devoted to AIDS. So JACK_SAWYER, just bookmark this site and visit it frequently. And tell all your young friends about it too. So between this website, google, and a pocket full of condoms, you should be all set. It's really not that difficult to be on top of any situation or threat situation.

AIDS.gov - HIV/AIDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 PM
 
485 posts, read 903,529 times
Reputation: 100
Wink lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gee whiz... I just googled up "AIDS website" and look what I found on top of the list! A US government website completely devoted to AIDS. So JACK_SAWYER, just bookmark this site and visit it frequently. And tell all your young friends about it too. So between this website, google, and a pocket full of condoms, you should be all set. It's really not that difficult to be on top of any situation or threat situation.

AIDS.gov - HIV/AIDS
well good for you! does all the little kids? how did you find out? web surfing! Kids dont always listen to the parents..say like a super star? why? i dont know,i was the same way i listened to others before i would listen to a parent! Kids dont understand the concept of death like adults..so the way i was educated was true the media!and hiv free thank you! your points are stupid..sorry i cant think of a nice way of saying it?If you are so smart and know it all please move on to whear your input is good for something! When children sit down on a pc they are not going to explore hiv on the web..sorry not gonna happen! its kinda like how someone preached to you there was no god! and you now believe it from what it says on you heading..get the pic? Did you lear how to read without education? lol no...so end of story...sorry to embarace and make a fool of you! i really am..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Reputation: 47455
unless my late MD was completely off, its a sleeping anaconda. wont show for 7 years assuming no physical tests. my guess is that teenyboopers-- an ignored group--- are spreading it like crazy.
AIDS is a perfect silent killer long time no symptoms like rats that hear no snake noise they feel very safe and come out to play. mandated school blood tests would result in stunning results but i somehow doubt that will ever be allowed it would discriminate now wouldn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
 
485 posts, read 903,529 times
Reputation: 100
Default no secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gee whiz... I just googled up "AIDS website" and look what I found on top of the list! A US government website completely devoted to AIDS. So JACK_SAWYER, just bookmark this site and visit it frequently. And tell all your young friends about it too. So between this website, google, and a pocket full of condoms, you should be all set. It's really not that difficult to be on top of any situation or threat situation.

AIDS.gov - HIV/AIDS
none yo bizz my age! why is your name miu? sounds like a cats name!or a cow..are you hiding behind something? you act like your 13..you probably are? You must not have kids or you would have more things to do! Is it so bad you cant get a date to chear you up?why no pic?lol i can imagine...go lay down..poof be gone,i have children and am talking to people with the same worries,I dont need a athiast to tell me nothing..god bless you..child of christ!

Last edited by JACK SAWYER; 05-25-2009 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top