U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:28 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
If you don't care what other people think, then why are you on a Great Debates forum?

Displays of apparent anger and antagonism does not create understanding between people. I think you can do better than that.
"I really don't care what you think ."

You need to learn how to read, the above was a quote from one of your fellow government employees, not from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 12:30 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
Quote:
Too simplistic. It is only natural that people congregate with others that think similarly to themselves. So, for an assessment of 1.8 million people, your sampling technique needs improvement.
Enlighten me then!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:43 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Government workers are a sure vote for one political party and that is why that one political party wants the federal government expanded. It's the same reason why they want to put illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship. It's all about political power.

That being said, my sister lost her government job in a Reduction In Force (RIF) so it does happen.

hat really depends on the governmant worker it seems and who is in office.Why do you suppose you have some magic insite inot who government workers vote for nay more than private workers. I know lots of republican government workers same as I do union memebrs and businesss owners that are democrats. You suppose because you think that people all vote as to waht will get them the most;which you probabvly do;that others care nothing about the country itself.You probabvly also believe that only your way can save the country. look again at the history and how even parties don't represent a single idea or pooitical belief.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:40 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,519,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post

We know, that's why you are a government employee... You could care less what the citizen thinks...Thanks for proving a point...
smirk, whatever. I don't need to answer to you as to why I am or do anything. You know NOTHING. You can google and post links all you want, you still know nothing and are making a fool out of yourself. Thanks for proving a point.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Enlighten me then!
Do you actually READ what others post ? Every time dcashley tries to "enlighten you", you throw it back in their face and argue, because you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:07 AM

3,196 posts, read 4,716,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Do you actually READ what others post ? Every time dcashley tries to "enlighten you", you throw it back in their face and argue, because you obviously don't know what you are talking about.
Do you think it would be possible to get him to take a statistics class? I teach one at U. of Calif. I'd be happy if enrolled.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
If you don't care what other people think, then why are you on a Great Debates forum?

Displays of apparent anger and antagonism does not create understanding between people. I think you can do better than that.
Agreed. It's a bunch of hot air from angry people who more than likely need to clean up their own backyards.

These people can google AFGE, which doesn't mean he knows anything about being employed by the government, or how much (or little) unions can do for their employess, or and say ridiculous things "you need to know what it means to be an American" all they want. It just makes me laugh now, because I know what I do for my country, and I don't need to explain it to them. They obviously don't even read others' posts.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:

You need to learn how to read, the above was a quote from one of your fellow government employees, not from me.
More anger....it doesn't help communication...you can do better than that.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:08 PM

819 posts, read 1,317,015 times
I am one of those "worthless" federal employees who did retire at age 55 and went to work when I was about 20. So, I made my thirty years (taking time off to have babies, etc.,) and what is your problem with that. No, the Feds don't have a 401K, but the thrift savings was the best thing that ever happened to the federal employees. One of the jobs I had was working at a federal distribution center and there were countless times that I had to get up in the middle of the night to make shipments to our armed forces, emergency shipments of sandbags for floods and just about any and every federal disaster that came about.

So, there you go! Hate me if you'd like, but I'm sitting here getting my gov't checks and having a ball not working.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 PM

I don't get it. People have no idea how demanding and stressful governmental employment is, yet they deride the worker. After working in Government, I worked in private industry. Returned to Government, went back to private industry. There is no comparison in stress levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or