U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:05 PM

38,753 posts, read 38,649,316 times

Advertisements

Hey, great photo of a sign. I'm glad you're finally posting links to sites that back up your opinions. Who could argue with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM

8,293 posts, read 14,351,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Hey, great photo of a sigi. I'm glad you're finally posting links to sites that back up your opinions.

...and still a glaring lack of knowledge about RoundUp Ready Seed.

This is really sad. At least tablemtn knows what he's talking about, and therefore has a point of knowledge-based reference from which to discuss.

You are aware, aren't you, that Monsanto has no holdings of any kind in pork - therefore, the OP is completely bogus? Please tell me you know that!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Everybody (except you) stopped talking about pigs starting with post #2. This is about Monsanto and their evil, which has been well documented. The only credibility you have is to keep going back to pigs.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 PM

7,090 posts, read 7,177,868 times
Not that I think they are great, but patenting varieties and genetic markers is done by many companies.

Take away that ability and watch any new research and development go away immediately....who would pay a billion dollars and spend 10 years in development if it could be copied right away with no recourse after they finish?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Not that I think they are great, but patenting varieties and genetic markers is done by many companies.

Take away that ability and watch any new research and development go away immediately....who would pay a billion dollars and spend 10 years in development if it could be copied right away with no recourse after they finish?
There is no evidence that Monsanto's Roundup is any improvement in terms of either yield or the environment. There are already weeds in many countries that have developed resistant to Roundup, and its environment impact is much worse than alternatives where there is runoff into natural wetlands. So, in the long run, their billion dollar research and development investment has only enriched themselves and their shareholders, but done nothing to make the world a better place.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

You are absolutely right.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There are already weeds in many countries that have developed resistant to Roundup, and its environment impact is much worse than alternatives where there is runoff into natural wetlands.
I want you to prove that statement, with something FAR more credible than Mother Earth News.

Until then, I'm calling BS, because I know it's simply not true.

RoundUp is a CONTACT HERBICIDE. It does not go into the soil.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:32 PM

4,403 posts, read 3,635,523 times
Why is this in the Great Debates section when all Omaha Rocks does is insult and demean? Not one fact has been presented by this poster. Telling people they don't know anything and then offering not one bit of information to back up such a claim while providing nothing but sneerful arrogance does not fit the intention of the Great Debates. Close this thread.

PS: The only thing I learned here is that Omaha doesn't rock.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:18 AM

227 posts, read 319,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Why is this in the Great Debates section when all Omaha Rocks does is insult and demean? Not one fact has been presented by this poster. Telling people they don't know anything and then offering not one bit of information to back up such a claim while providing nothing but sneerful arrogance does not fit the intention of the Great Debates. Close this thread.

On many of these forums you will often find there are the usual or typical government subsidized white biggoted out of work beer drinking males who has been weaned that way from childhood. They have no real life fulfilling career or purpose at home or anywhere else for that matter and therefore become armchair quarterback geniuses on everything with knowledge of nothing but their own brand of pseudo-degree in cut n paste intellectualism. The topic will often morph way off subject. Advise here would be to ignore the individual and discuss it seriously amongst others who actually tend to give a hoot about real world issues. BTW , good observation on this one.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

I feel badly for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates