U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:39 PM

7,674 posts, read 18,902,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I guess its not a peeve;but i really get disgusted when i see other males that go to the bathromm at reataurnts and don't wash their hands afterwards much less well. I mean I can;t eat without washing them first.
What do you do when you are camping or at a port a john?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
i really get disgusted when i see other males that go to the bathromm at reataurnts and don't wash their hands afterwards much less well..
It's really hard to respond to this within the forum guidelines, but, umm, have you ever heard of oral? Where does it go?

Actually, I regard my hands, relatively speaking, usually the dirtier of the two body parts,and certainly exposded a lot more pathogens. It would make more sense to wash your hands before using the john, instead of after. If you're concerned about drippage, urine is maybe the cleanest, most sterile thing your hands come in contact with all day.

Unless Number Two or menstruation is involved, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that before leavihg the bathroom is a time when one ought to wash hands.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Unless Number Two or menstruation is involved, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that before leavihg the bathroom is a time when one ought to wash hands.
If what you say is true, they why is it, in all 50 states I believe, the LAW that employees of various establishments including restaurants, grocery stores etc., REQUIRED to wash their hands BEFORE leaving a restroom and returning to work?

Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
What do you do when you are camping or at a port a john?
We have a supply of sanitizing hand wipes that we bring along on camping trips and carry in the car.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM

2,758 posts, read 6,433,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Originally Posted by dmmjsm
I have a serious problem with people licking their fingers.

You're not very old, are you? When people age, their skin dries out and becomes less oily. It makes it very hard for older people to do things like turn pages, deal cards, count money, etc. They are not doing it to irritate you.
Thank you jtur-I myself am a fingerlicker for the very reasons you state.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:48 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,122,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Thank you jtur-I myself am a fingerlicker for the very reasons you state.
Nothing wrong with giving your finger a little moisture, but be reasonable! Don't give your thumb a big, spitty swipe and proceed to hand the clerk the money.

My biggest pet peeve when dealing with guests/handling money are the women who pull cash directly out of their bras and hand it to me. Yes, people do this. They're usually very very overweight and sweaty, and the money is always damp.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:04 PM

521 posts, read 790,250 times
Default My biggest peeve

when I ask a question, and instead of a direct awnser, i am given an explanation to the awnser i would have gotten. I can still obtain the information i was looking for, just a little thing that grates on my nerves

Old 07-24-2009, 03:07 AM

2,551 posts, read 3,761,316 times
My pet peeves are:

1. People who never use their turn signals to let you know where they are headed to. (so you look like an idiot, sitting there waiting for them to do something and then they decide to turn!! SHeeesh!! USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS, IDIOT!!).

2. People who don't put the shopping carts in those cart corrals.

3. (Some) women who you can tell hasn't had a haircut in a few years (YIKES!! at least get a trim or something. Damn!).

4. Lateness (I can understand maybe 15 minutes late, but more, c'mon! give me a break. Why did I ever wait?).

5. People in a shopping aisle and they see you want to come through, but they refuse to move....(Oh!! That pisses me off bad!).

6. Some women who sitll have those God awful long haired permed 1980's hairstyle (I know of a bartender, in the town I live in, who does and I just can't help talking about it sometimes. Sheesh!! lady, get with the today's style and get rid of that ugly ass perm! It's too old!).

Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 AM

22,690 posts, read 21,741,083 times
I feel quite annoyed when I hear someone use the phrase "back in the day".

Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,118,710 times
People at my building (work) who walk on the "wrong" side of the stairs.

Ugh, I am trying to go up the proper side and they are coming down towards me.

I specifically have my purse, keys etc. in the hand that is not holding the rail...so now in heels I need to scoot over for you?

Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or