U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:40 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,230,459 times

Advertisements

Bad grammar. Someone at work always say "them reports" instead of "those reports" It drive me bonkers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 AM

18,264 posts, read 6,953,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
So My weird pet peeves are

1. People who don't put shopping carts into cart corrals and they leave them
all over the parking lot.

2. People who leave old stickers on their cars including the last 5yrs the registered their cars.

3. people who cannot pickup their feet when they walk

4. dirty windshields

5. Bumper stickers.
Mine are

1. People who leave trash lying around

2. People who drive slow

3. People who complain

4. Improper grammar

5. People going up/down the wrong side of the stairs

6. People who eat with open mouths/ make noises when they eat

7. People who ask you a question when you KNOW and they KNOW that they know the answer to it.

8. Not yielding to emergency vehicles

9. People who think they are all that

10. Telemarketers/Prank callers

Old 07-24-2009, 05:21 PM

2,034 posts, read 3,531,027 times
People who fly ripped and/or faded flags.

Too many people think they are being patriotic flying these rags~ they bring tears to my eyes that they disrespect the country and the flag so much!!

If your flag is ripped, torn, or faded and you do not know how to retire it properly please take it to your VFW for proper disposal!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:25 PM

132 posts, read 194,956 times
when someone parks in a hanicapped parking space but doesnt need to or when someone smacks while they are eatting!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:55 PM

2,551 posts, read 3,764,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
My pet peeves are:

1. People who never use their turn signals to let you know where they are headed to. (so you look like an idiot, sitting there waiting for them to do something and then they decide to turn!! SHeeesh!! USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS, IDIOT!!).

2. People who don't put the shopping carts in those cart corrals.

3. (Some) women who you can tell hasn't had a haircut in a few years (YIKES!! at least get a trim or something. Damn!).

4. Lateness (I can understand maybe 15 minutes late, but more, c'mon! give me a break. Why did I ever wait?).

5. People in a shopping aisle and they see you want to come through, but they refuse to move....(Oh!! That pisses me off bad!).

6. Some women who sitll have those God awful long haired permed 1980's hairstyle (I know of a bartender, in the town I live in, who does and I just can't help talking about it sometimes. Sheesh!! lady, get with the today's style and get rid of that ugly ass perm! It's too old!).

There's more:

7. Bad grammar and bad spelling (sheesh! Use a Thesaurus and a Dictionary).

8. Screaming baby or child at a restuarant (I'm sorry but I'll just order a small appetizer so I can get the hell out of there fast!!).

9. Stares (I really can't stand when folks stare at one another. For what?! Because of the way they look, the clothes they wear, or what??!! It's them, leave them alone and move on with your own damn life!!).

10. Musics too loud in the car (I hate when some men have their music blaring when they take you out. You can't have a conversation. And when you try to turn it down, they'll turn it up again about 5-10 minutes later!! Sheeesh!!).

11. Liars (I just hate when someone say they'll show up and don't. And I hate when they say they are what they are and really aren't, you know).

12. "Flighty" type people (they can't sit still to hear what you have to say, but they really want YOU to listen to them....Not!! No, I'm leaving. Nice knowing you).

13. When an item, at the store, doesn't have a sales price on it (OMG! And just imagine getting that and taking it to the cashier. Okay, you'll be there for 10 minutes til they figure it out or something...Damn!!).

14. People with no sense of directions (I went out with this one man and I gave him directions to pick me up. My house is really easy to find, only 1/4 mile from the highway. He was way off when he called me. By about 5 miles!! I was pissed. So, I went to my drive-way and had to flag him down when he called me back! Come to find out that he said he never really pays attention to traffic signs or anything like that. Besides, it was a horrible date anyway 30 minutes later).

Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 PM

604 posts, read 1,050,936 times
Using the word "should"......

Old 07-25-2009, 12:54 PM

22,715 posts, read 21,770,674 times
There's a wrong side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
People at my building (work) who walk on the "wrong" side of the stairs.

Ugh, I am trying to go up the proper side and they are coming down towards me.

I specifically have my purse, keys etc. in the hand that is not holding the rail...so now in heels I need to scoot over for you?

Ugh.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,574,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
People who fly ripped and/or faded flags.

Too many people think they are being patriotic flying these rags~ they bring tears to my eyes that they disrespect the country and the flag so much!!

If your flag is ripped, torn, or faded and you do not know how to retire it properly please take it to your VFW for proper disposal!
People who think that someone flying a flag is more patriotic than someone who doesn't.

Someone who thinks your patriotism can be measured by now new and fresh and clean your flag is.

I knew a man, now deceased, who into the 1980s continued to fly the ragged faded old 48 star flag that was given to him by his son who was killed in WWII. I bet he really pissed a lot of people off. Such disrespect for the country.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 PM

2,034 posts, read 3,531,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
People who think that someone flying a flag is more patriotic than someone who doesn't.

Someone who thinks your patriotism can be measured by now new and fresh and clean your flag is.

I knew a man, now deceased, who into the 1980s continued to fly the ragged faded old 48 star flag that was given to him by his son who was killed in WWII. I bet he really pissed a lot of people off. Such disrespect for the country.
I'd rather see no flag than a ripped up one~If he really repected that flag he would have kept it nice and neat~ not let it rip to shreds and think that rag was repectfull of either the country or his son~ or did he think his son wasn't worthy of repect! PS. I am a twenty year vet~ and respect for the flag IS taught in the military~ and that is why the VFW is a good place to teach idiot so-called patriots like you to actually respect the flag.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:27 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,574,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
. I am a twenty year vet~ and respect for the flag IS taught in the military~ and that is why the VFW is a good place to teach idiot so-called patriots like you to actually respect the flag.
Respect is something you feel in your heart, not something that gets bashed into your head by sadistic drill instructors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or