U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-25-2009, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Prescott Valley,az summer/east valley Az winter
2,034 posts, read 3,533,786 times
Reputation: 7855

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Respect is something you feel in your heart, not something that gets bashed into your head by sadistic drill instructors.
from your responses you apperently have no repect for either our country or its flag~ you are free to leave it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,671,678 times
Reputation: 35885
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
from your responses you apperently have no repect for either our country or its flag~ you are free to leave it!
Of course I'm free to leave it. I'm surprised that you recognize that freedom, since you don't recognize my freedom to do whatever I please with a flag.

Judging by your response, you have no respect for our country, because you think all you have to do is wave the flag, and you've fulfilled your patriotic duty. Your duty is to the flag, not to the country.

By the way, I'm only partly free to leave it. I can leave only if I go to a country on the approved list of friendly destinations. America is the only western industrialized country that restricts its "free" citizens' global travel. Thank you for your service in fighting for that liberty---I'm sorry the government rubbed your nose in it and denied that freedom anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,624 posts, read 10,708,986 times
Reputation: 19957
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It's really hard to respond to this within the forum guidelines, but, umm, have you ever heard of oral? Where does it go?

Actually, I regard my hands, relatively speaking, usually the dirtier of the two body parts,and certainly exposded a lot more pathogens. It would make more sense to wash your hands before using the john, instead of after. If you're concerned about drippage, urine is maybe the cleanest, most sterile thing your hands come in contact with all day.

Unless Number Two or menstruation is involved, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that before leavihg the bathroom is a time when one ought to wash hands.

ya i agree about the pee part i would rather a few drips of my own pee on my hands. than someone else's own pee on my hands at least i know who my pee came from..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,395,642 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
By the way, I'm only partly free to leave it. I can leave only if I go to a country on the approved list of friendly destinations. .
Actually, you are free to travel to any destination in the world you want.

Now, there are some that might not WANT you - for instance North Korea. But, that's their problem. You can go there and see if they will accept you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Prescott Valley,az summer/east valley Az winter
2,034 posts, read 3,533,786 times
Reputation: 7855
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Of course I'm free to leave it. I'm surprised that you recognize that freedom, since you don't recognize my freedom to do whatever I please with a flag.

Judging by your response, you have no respect for our country, because you think all you have to do is wave the flag, and you've fulfilled your patriotic duty. Your duty is to the flag, not to the country.

By the way, I'm only partly free to leave it. I can leave only if I go to a country on the approved list of friendly destinations. America is the only western industrialized country that restricts its "free" citizens' global travel. Thank you for your service in fighting for that liberty---I'm sorry the government rubbed your nose in it and denied that freedom anyway.
But you may go anywhere you wish~ since you have no repect for our country ~~ just leave your citizenship behind~ you are not worthy of having it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,671,678 times
Reputation: 35885
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
~ since you have no repect for our country ~~
So, I'm free to leave it, but you're not. No wonder you don't respect your country.

You are basing your argument on a premise that I have denied and you have not demonstrated. In fact, if you are responding to my post, I stated clearly that it is YOU who have no respect for your country, choosing instead to worship a flag, and that posture of yours has been made clear over and over again.

Let me give you a hint about debate. If I say "It's raining", you cannot rebut me by saying "Since you say the sun is shining . . . "

That kind of argument is one of my pet peeves, bringing us back on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2009, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,848 posts, read 4,122,524 times
Reputation: 1195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
There's a wrong side?

Hehehe, no kidding. I do wonder if it is uncomfortable for left handed people to walk on the right of the stairs though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Mequon, WI
7,680 posts, read 18,932,729 times
Reputation: 4164
People who steal dogs!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM
 
23,975 posts, read 17,627,832 times
Reputation: 12842
people using the term 'bias' when they should be using 'biased'

stepping on a wet spot on the floor with socks on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Bon Temps
1,743 posts, read 3,881,488 times
Reputation: 1822
I hate it when people say "how come?" instead of "why?" I do not know why I feel this way, I just do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top