U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 11:26 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,379,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Listening to women walk in high heels-that clickety-clack sound drives me crazy
Ooh, I forgot one. Runway models that walk like Clydesdales. Heidi Klum is one example. Kathy Griffith noticed too and does a good imitation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Ode

298 posts, read 669,536 times
Shopping carts not being put in the corral even if it is one space away...laziness!

Smokers discarding butts anywhere, obviously they don't think it is littering. And also smokers who have to get in a last lungful before entering a store or other public place that is clearly marked non-smoking, and exhale that lungful of smoke inside the non-smoking area.

People who talk loudly or on their cell phone in movie theaters after the movie has started.

Grazers in the supermarket, eating fresh produce or opening packages and eating the contents with no intention of paying for the food. Also people who decide they no longer want an item and put it on a shelf wherever they happen to be even if the item is frozen food or something that should be refrigerated. It doesn't walk back to the freezer or cooler on its own, and is now likely going to spoil.

This last isn't really a peeve so much as an observation...young girls who wear very tight and skimpy shirts to show off their bodies, and because a coat or sweater might mar the view they don't wear one even in the middle of winter. And kids who think they look different by dressing in one of the several styles that seem to be popular today (emo, baggy pants, or goth) and never realize that instead of looking different they all look the same. The ultimate in conformity when what they were trying to be was non-conformist. Makes me shake my head and laugh a little every time.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 PM

1,779 posts, read 2,037,515 times
my pet peeves are:

1. ignorant people and people who fear change

2. Anyone who fights against someone elses right to be who they want

3. people who talk/text on phones and drive

4. People who think they are the only ones that matter or think they are more important than anyone

5. Conservatives....they **** me off

6. People who think religion is everything....OMG

7. the saying "life is too short"....living is the longest thing you do....HELLO...wake up people

Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

5. I can't eat on a plate that has borders between food types. Well, actually I can do it but it's stressful especially if you are a corn and mashed potato mixer. .
I know people with the opposite OCB. They can't stand it when one of their peas rolls up next to the gravy, and they have to meticulously roll it back out, with as little gravy as possible still clinging to it.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:23 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,079,123 times
1. Cigarettes and tobacco products-I don't hate smokers. Just the nasty smelling stuff they're using. It's their right though.
2. People who do hard drugs in public-By hard drugs, I mean stuff like crack, meth, heroin, etc. I'm socially libertarian and am for the legalization of all drugs. But come on. Go inside or something. When I lived in Ohio, I had these neighbors who would smoke crack on their front porch. No joke.
3. Religious fundamentalists (of any religion)-Self explanatory.
4. Social conservatives-Gay people getting married, people using drugs, people prostituting, etc, is none of your business. Pedophilia (and rape for that matter) is really the only thing that shouldn't be tolerated.
5. People who accuse others of "thinking they know everything" just because they were called out for making an incorrect claim/argument-Self explanatory.
6. People who say you're "trying to act smart" just for using a word that has more than 4 syllables-Self explanatory.
7. People who are ultra-patriotic and will back anything their country does whether it's right or wrong.
8. Social conservatives who listen to 60's and 70's rock-That was as far left as music has ever been.
9. Companies that will ruin a widow's credit over debt their dead spouse had-Self explanatory. I've seen it happen so many times.
10. All this "end times" BS.
11. People who brag about money they donate-That kind of ruins the point of donating.

I have many more, but I don't feel like typing them all right now.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 PM

Figured I'd add a few more.

People who don't take care of their teeth-Self explanatory.
Seperatists of any kind-Self explanatory.
People who think they can form an opinion of rap music based only on what you hear on MTV, BET, and popular radio stations but if you judge rock music based on MTV, they turn into hypocritical crybabies-I like pretty much all genres of music (besides country). And there are many good artists in every genre.
Hardcore fans of either Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy-Self explanatory.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM

Humanists whose pet peeves include almost everybody.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM

10,312 posts, read 9,975,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Figured I'd add a few more.

People who don't take care of their teeth-Self explanatory.
Seperatists of any kind-Self explanatory.
People who think they can form an opinion of rap music based only on what you hear on MTV, BET, and popular radio stations but if you judge rock music based on MTV, they turn into hypocritical crybabies-I like pretty much all genres of music (besides country). And there are many good artists in every genre.
Hardcore fans of either Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy-Self explanatory.
Pet Peeve: Those who want to rejoin the UK.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Pet Peeve: Those who want to rejoin the UK.
Obviously, you don't know what I mean when I say "separatist".

Old 06-04-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Obviously, you don't know what I mean when I say "separatist".
The poster thought it was self-explanatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or