U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2009, 03:44 PM

14 posts, read 15,978 times

Advertisements

Here is what I think of Benny Hinn - he is as evil as a man can be. Be sure to watch both video's.

YouTube - Benny Hinn: Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

YouTube - Benny Hinn feat. Benny Hill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 06:36 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,858,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Whips View Post
just a question,not to get to controversial on the subject. Religion can cause heated conversation. Is it fair for a mega church to pay these salary? Would you attend a church that pays a million or two for salary?

I would like to think a preacher will preach god words out of the kindness of his heart,instead of a paycheck. If a preacher give most of his time to church,he should be compensated,but not that much. I think a normal salary is ok,no more than the average members salaries whom pays their tithes. Example, a pastor with a 1.5 million salary,but the people who attends the church live in stricken neighborhoods,which the church itself is located in a poor neighborhood.
wwjd.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:26 PM

51,221 posts, read 50,499,962 times
Well, we do know that God doesn't drive a BMW, because he drove Adam and Eve out of the garden in a Fury.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 PM

38,691 posts, read 86,797,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
Just a question,not to get to controversial on the subject. Religion can cause heated conversation. Is it fair for a mega church to pay these salary? Would you attend a church that pays a million or two for salary?

I would like to think a preacher will preach God words out of the kindness of his heart,instead of a paycheck. If a preacher give most of his time to church,he should be compensated,but not that much. I think a normal salary is ok,no more than the average members salaries whom pays their tithes. Example, a pastor with a 1.5 million salary,but the people who attends the church live in stricken neighborhoods,which the church itself is located in a poor neighborhood.
I reckon what a preacher should be paid is between him and his flock.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, we do know that God doesn't drive a BMW, because he drove Adam and Eve out of the garden in a Fury.
cant rep you (though should repo you )

Old 10-24-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I reckon what a preacher should be paid is between him and his flock.
But what of the Bible that is supposed to be the foundation of his and his flock's relationship?

If you really are born again, material wealth is meaningless and even abhorrent to you.

If you're not really born again, why are you preaching?!

Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,443,271 times
The best preacher the world has ever known didnt get a salary and HE got the job done just fine....go figure

Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 AM

38,691 posts, read 86,797,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But what of the Bible that is supposed to be the foundation of his and his flock's relationship?

If you really are born again, material wealth is meaningless and even abhorrent to you.

If you're not really born again, why are you preaching?!
Abhorrent? Really?

I suppose it's between the pastor and his flock to interpret what the Bible means to them and how it informs the relationship between them and their preacher. And if they still wanna pay him a million bucks, well, I guess that's their business.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:00 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,795,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
Just a question,not to get to controversial on the subject. Religion can cause heated conversation. Is it fair for a mega church to pay these salary? Would you attend a church that pays a million or two for salary?

I would like to think a preacher will preach God words out of the kindness of his heart,instead of a paycheck. If a preacher give most of his time to church,he should be compensated,but not that much. I think a normal salary is ok,no more than the average members salaries whom pays their tithes. Example, a pastor with a 1.5 million salary,but the people who attends the church live in stricken neighborhoods,which the church itself is located in a poor neighborhood.
Well this question is usually directed at most of the so-called Christian denominations who claim the Bible to be their source of authority. So let's see what their LORD and master Jesus Christ had to say on the subject. When training his disciples to take over the ministry after his leaving, he made this important profound statement.

Matthew 10:8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplified Bible
"Freely (without pay) you have received, freely (without charge) give."
Jesus never charged one Drachma, one Shekel, one Denarius, etc for any type of payment for religious services rendered. Jesus' worst enemies were not pagan or atheists of the time, they were a corrupt religious hierarchy whose propensity at selfishness and greed were only match by individuals who manifested outright criminal behavior. So what happened after Jesus died ??? His apostles likewise had means of employment that had nothing to do with anything religious. They engaged in part time secular employment and yet were still full time ministers as were others recorded in the Greek Scriptures. It was only after the death of the apostles when the foretold apostacy encrouched on Christianity that powerful individuals created a monolithic unscriptural Ecclesiastic Hierarchy that demanded huge amount of tax for it's function and control.

Now, having pointed this out, I think anyone who belongs to some denomination as a registered member of an organization that demands you fork over 10% or whatever is obligated to pay those dues. It's not scripturally justified according to the foregoing information I just quoted from your own holy book to do so, but that's your desicison and whatever consequences that eventually result from your participation.

Don't like it ??? Then get out!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Abhorrent? Really?
Yes, really.

Quote:
I suppose it's between the pastor and his flock to interpret what the Bible means to them and how it informs the relationship between them and their preacher. And if they still wanna pay him a million bucks, well, I guess that's their business.
You're right, it *is* between them. It's a very interesting racket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or