U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 PM

436 posts, read 751,095 times

Advertisements

I agree with Peter Schiff, unless drastic changes are made we will be a third world nation with a weak military and owned by some other nation, that is our fate, there will be no real economic recovery and we will slide into a very deep depression that lasts for many years.
Tue urban life style will be over as we will ride bikes and live in over crowded government housing. I think at that point Sweden is looking pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 01:57 AM

24,710 posts, read 26,777,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
With our National Debt, we have fallen deep into a Pit with slick walls and no ladder. America is a country where its greed, hedonism, and moral corruption IS causing it to collapse ... and it doesnt look good for your Grandkids im afraid.
I don't think we'll have to wait that long. There may be an uptick in the short run; but it doesn't look so good for anyone who doesn't plan on dying within the next decade.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:01 AM

24,710 posts, read 26,777,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
I agree with Peter Schiff, unless drastic changes are made we will be a third world nation with a weak military and owned by some other nation, that is our fate, there will be no real economic recovery and we will slide into a very deep depression that lasts for many years.
Tue urban life style will be over as we will ride bikes and live in over crowded government housing. I think at that point Sweden is looking pretty good.
It goes deeper than just turning America into a 3rd world nation. It's about destroying the sovereignty of all nations and "uniting" the world under a one world dictatorship.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:20 AM

13,115 posts, read 9,199,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Most of our workforce, even the College Grads, barely have the skills to work at Slave Mart. If you don't believe me, get them into a situation where they have to make change without an electronic device.
Ignorance and illiteracy are far beyond astounding.

Simple test of literacy:
Read the Declaration of Independence, and note what the two jobs are:
Job #1 - secure rights (life, liberty, property, etc), and
Job #2 - govern those who consent.

Then read about conscription of the militia, in the Articles of Confederation and the USCON.

Isn't conscription (Selective Service) a violation of one's right to life, liberty, and so forth?

U.S. citizens are obligated to train, fight, and die, on command
Title 10 USC Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, CITIZENS of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia areó
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Title 50 USC Sec. 453. Registration (Selective Service)
(a)...it shall be the duty of every male CITIZEN of the United States, and every other male person RESIDING in the United States, who, on the day or days fixed for the first or any subsequent registration, is between the ages of eighteen and twenty-six, to present himself for and submit to registration at such time or times and place or places, and in such manner, as shall be determined by proclamation of the President and by rules and regulations prescribed hereunder.
If "everyone" born in the U.S.A. are U.S. citizens, and male U.S. citizens are obligated to serve in the militia, isn't that involuntary servitude?

Or is citizenship a voluntary assertion?
Must be.

Their conscription laws make no mention of American nationals, so they really haven't violated Job #1 of the Declaration of Independence.

You didn't know that anyone born of American parents, in America, are American nationals?
OOPS.
And that residents reside at residences, while inhabitants dwell at domiciles?
OOPS x 2.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:55 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,770,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
It goes deeper than just turning America into a 3rd world nation. It's about destroying the sovereignty of all nations and "uniting" the world under a one world dictatorship.
i think your post is pretty spot on! the one thing that americans need to do, actually have to do, is stop the cap and trade agenda! it is no coincidence that al gore happily announced that cap and trade would drive change through "global governance and global agreements."

unfortunately, the US will be doing the sacrificing, particularly the workers,(being forced to pay higher energy prices on an individual level), while on the world stage this energy tax will affect our ability to be competitive, costing the united states jobs, growth, and future prosperity.

it isn't called a global "scheme" for nothing!

Old 09-06-2009, 10:35 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,523,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
[/indent]If "everyone" born in the U.S.A. are U.S. citizens, and male U.S. citizens are obligated to serve in the militia, isn't that involuntary servitude?

Or is citizenship a voluntary assertion?
A person born in the USA may have an entitlement to citizenship to another country, as well, and may opt for that country's citizenship. But if that person remains in the USA, then the USA recognizes only the USA citizenship, unless the person declares his foreign citizenship and remains in the USA as an alien, subject to those restrictions.

Furthermore, a person who does not volunteer for the servitude has the option of freely and without duress withdrawing from the USA, and renouncing his citizenship, which terminates both the rights and the responsibilities of American nationalism.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The world is already united under one world dictatorship, and the President of the United States has the executive power to command the US military to strike anywhere in the world in order to enforce the president's unilateral executive orders. Might makes right, and Bush proved that executive orders are pretty much unlimited with respect to our activities overseas. In terms of domestic affairs, the president is limited only to the degree that what he wants to do might not be worth the trouble of having to fight off a revolution at home.

It's very simple. When there is an invincible military force, the commander in chief of that force is the de-facto dictator of the world.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:53 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,945,754 times
I am becoming more of a homebody. I am learning to do more for myself, so that I am not paying other people to. That saves money. My meals are more labor intensive, and taste better than "insta meals." I go out of my way to bargain hunt. I rarely buy new clothes, because, in the long run, they don't last. 99 cent sox won't last as long as a pair of ten dollar socks. I learned that the hard way. Maybe I am just getting to be an old fuddy duddy, but I learned from my elders, and I am never short of cash. The economy will improve when people drop some of the things that they think they can't live without.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The economy will improve when people drop some of the things that they think they can't live without.
The economy IS the things they think they can't live without. If we eliminate those things and learn to live without them, we will also eliminate half the jobs. The jobs in the pop-tart factory.

It's like going to a doctor that can't do anything about the cause of your pain, but can treat you to manage your pain. You're not fixing the economy, you are learning to live with it's degeneration.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 PM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
That's about it '70% of teh economy is the consumer.The markets ahve adjusted to lower inventories;cut owrkers and nothing is goign anyhwere much unless the consumer comes back. Ohterwsie its a foreign market economy more and more .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates