Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Who will pay the cost of rounding them all up and shipping them back? What happens if they think you are an illegal alien, and there is no due process means of proving that you belong here?

I'm going to have my phone and my cable installed in the name of an illegal alien, so there will be no tax added to the bill. Im going to have an illegal alien pump my gas for me, so there is no gas tax. Im going to have an illegal alien check out my cart at WalMart, so there is no sales tax.

Oh, wait, you mean those millions of people have to pay those taxes, too? What will happen to the liquidity of your electric company, when they get several million disconnect orders next month, after tooling up for all those customers? Just think of all the nice community centers you will have, with all those schools sitting empty.

Wait---here's an idea. Give all the illegals a green card and a social security card, and let them get tax-paying jobs. Then just use that revenue to balance the budget.

------------------

California's per capita budget deficit is more than double that of New Mexico, and NM has lots of illegal aliens, too. Why doesn't Arnold phone Bill Richardson and ask him how to run a mostly-Hispanic state without building up a big deficit.
What a bunch of baloney. They are here illegally. Period. End of story. Just set up a quick and easy way to cull out those who are authentic citizens or have a legitimate green card, and ship the rest back to Tampico.

Illegals cost government a lot more than they bring in in terms of tax revenue. Heck, if an illegal immigrant has three children in this country attending California schools, the state will spend roughly $22,500 to educate those three children. What's more, if you take that stance, then you simply cannot complain about the following in this country ever again:

1) High unemployment -- Ask an unemployed worker if he'd be willing to do the work illegals currently do. I'm guessing he'd say yes.
2) The relatively slow growth of household income -- Again, when there are more workers than jobs, the bargaining power of the worker in terms of salaries and wages plummets.
3) The declining effectiveness of schools -- Ask any teacher who has to deal with the burgeoning population of children of illegal aliens. I'll wait here.

Immigration is not a massive game of Kick The Can. Just because you somehow manage to slip over the border and get a job mowing golf courses for a couple of years, doesn't mean you should be home free. It is our sovereign right to say who can live here, and I cannot believe any rational person would question that.

Last edited by cpg35223; 06-10-2009 at 04:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,923,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What a bunch of baloney. They are here illegally. Period. End of story. .
No, the story ended one word before you ended it. They are here. Period. End of story.

The USA already has besmirched its place in history with Indian massacres and Slavery and the atomic bombs and merciless slaughters at both ends of Asia.. Now you want to put the final nail in our coffin of shame. No country in the history of the world has had such a shameful two century run. (Well, maybe England.) Will you barbarians never let up?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 PM

898 posts, read 1,401,469 times
We got by for many years as a nation without welfare. I don't know what might happen now that people have become accustomed to not having to carry their own weight. Probably a lot of people would move to where they could get better welfare. Maybe some would have to bite the bullet and get ... dare I say it?... JOBS! Heaven forbid!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
.. dare I say it?... JOBS!
Nobody answered my question yesterday, so I'll try it out on you.

Why do people still think that everybody needs to work, in order to keep American from running down?

One man with a bulldozer can do the work of a hundred by hand. Why do the other 99 have to keep going to work? To do what?

Last edited by jtur88; 06-10-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,710,793 times
Quote:

Why do people still think that everybody needs to work, in order to keep American from running down?

One man with a bulldozer can do the work of a hundred by hand. Why do the other 99 have to keep going to work? To do what?
Ummm...because the other 99 will become career criminals without income? Without jobs, people become lazy and depressed, don't take care of their homes or families. If they don't do that, then anywhere they live become run down and dilapidated...unkempt and dirty....they cannot afford to fix anything up...shall I keep going?

I don't know if your question is exaclty understood??

Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Quote:
No, the story ended one word before you ended it. They are here. Period. End of story.

The USA already has besmirched its place in history with Indian massacres and Slavery and the atomic bombs and merciless slaughters at both ends of Asia.. Now you want to put the final nail in our coffin of shame. No country in the history of the world has had such a shameful two century run. (Well, maybe England.) Will you barbarians never let up?
Oh. You can't refute me, so you resort to ad hominem attacks, plus you then regurgitate out a bunch of totally unrelated events to support your argument.

Now, just to humor you, I would like for you to name one major nation that does not have major skeletons in its national closet? Canada? There was that business with their own native American population, along with their treatment of the Quebecois. The French and Germans? Do we need to detail their lemminglike crusades to conquer the world? The British? Slightly more enlightened than the Spanish and French in their colonial exploits, but not much. Russia? China? Brazil? American Indians? Nope. Heck, even tiny little Belgium's conduct in the Congo was so awful that it makes the skin crawl. And China, Russia, Germany, et al, have a record for butchery over the past century so breathtaking that any rational person couldn't possibly compare the United States to them. It's obvious that you don't read much history.

So your argument has zero to do with the discussion of illegal immigrants in this country. Just a bunch of random comments cribbed from the Daily Worker.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotrosie View Post
Ummm...because the other 99 will become career criminals without income? Without jobs, people become lazy and depressed, don't take care of their homes or families. If they don't do that, then anywhere they live become run down and dilapidated...unkempt and dirty....they cannot afford to fix anything up...shall I keep going?

I don't know if your question is exaclty understood??
So, let me see if I understand. The only reason we force people to simultaneously commute by the millions on clogged freeways to places where they perform mindless unproductive tasks, is some equally mindless fear that if they did not do that, they would swirl down into some sewer of indignity.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:15 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,738,096 times
Quote:

Yes and it takes other people to design, build and maintain the bulldozer. The problem is that our monetary system is designed to reward the least productive and exclude those without a "job" who are not tied to the financial elite. A better way is to eliminate taxes like property taxes so a person can actually own a place to live. The other problem is human nature, without problems to solve people become fat, lazy and focused on useless things like entertainment and professional sports. Oh wait, that has already happened. Yet on an individual level, without government people could set up a self-sufficient habitat where their food and other needs are performed by automation. While minimal, even then some individual effort will be needed to keep the systems going and provide energy to do so. A few weeks ago I spread dirt around my lot with my Bobcat. I saw a group of Mexicans doing the same thing a few days ago with shovels. Energy is the key, a gallon of vegetable oil did the work of 8 Mexicans. Both jobs were finished but who did the most work?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Yes and it takes other people to design, build and maintain the bulldozer.
Then we gained nothing from industrialization. In fact, we lost ground. We've regressed from one industrial worker per family, to two. Industrialization simply created twice as much work that had to be done to sustain us. I can hardly wait for the next big miracle breakthrough, when children will have to be sent to work, too, in order to produce all the necessary goods and sevices..

Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 AM

197 posts, read 378,651 times
Quote:
So, let me see if I understand. The only reason we force people to simultaneously commute by the millions on clogged freeways to places where they perform mindless unproductive tasks, is some equally mindless fear that if they did not do that, they would swirl down into some sewer of indignity.
good work, thumbs up

here is a short film on it... this is honestly really scary, aside from people starving, if California fails it will have severe repercussions, and could potentially start a domino effect. Really though, its what we get for being so interdependant upon from state to state.

The Real News Network - California: Failed State, Solution: Slash Social Services for the Poor?

All that aside, California is pretty ridiculous, especially when they do stuff like this http://www.blackvalleyfilms.com/ and it impossible to refute, illegal immigration is a real problem. Lastly... what they crap were they thinking when they built california the way they did?? massive sprawling suburbs and ZERO mass transit. Its like they looked at New York City and were like HA! WE CAN MAKE A BIGGER MESS THAN THAT WATCH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates