U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
 
Location: 125 Years Too Late...
10,394 posts, read 10,009,260 times
Reputation: 9138

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
White people include the world's most physically attractive as well. Even other races improve their looks when mixed with whites.
But then on the other hand, is it any wonder with attitudes like this?

Maybe some of the anti-white garbage is justified. The thing that stinks is that not all whites have this sort of high-and-mighty attitude... but we certainly all get lumped together.

 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Chicago- Lawrence and Kedzie/Maywood
2,242 posts, read 5,440,016 times
Reputation: 735
There's irish pride, Greek pride, Rssian pride, etc etc
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
 
Location: The Midst of Insanity
3,225 posts, read 6,130,293 times
Reputation: 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
But if you're proud to be white you are considered prejudice.
How come if your Asian,Black,Hispanic and you want your children to marry within their own race you are considered proud, but if you're white and want your child to marry another white you are considered prejudice?
I'm quite happy being the person that I am, and if one wants to label me a honky rascist then that's on them and that's their problem. I accept who I am and embrace my roots

On a side note, is it OK to have German pride? (A lot of people still equate German with Nazism). For the sake of argument-what would happen if I said something like "I'm proud to be a white German?" Would I be crushed for a statement like that? I'm just curious...
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
 
Location: Sandpoint, Idaho
2,880 posts, read 5,079,727 times
Reputation: 3020
Annika,
LOL! You would be accosted! That someone is not allowed to embrace their roots is quite silly.

There are more Americans of German ancestry than of any other ethnic group. Kind of hard to exclude.
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,653,762 times
Reputation: 35881
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
White people include the world's most physically attractive as well..
One thing that always strikes me when I am traveling in the third world---how ugly European women are. Compared to the Asians, Africans and South Americans, the women from European countries have lousy complexions, stringy hair, poor posture, heavy gait, clumsy gestures, they're overweight, they dress frumpy and look ridiculous when they try to wear native dress.
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,578,873 times
Reputation: 2057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
But if you're proud to be white you are considered prejudice.
How come if your Asian,Black,Hispanic and you want your children to marry within their own race you are considered proud, but if you're white and want your child to marry another white you are considered prejudice?

you're prejudiced if you're black and only want your child to marry black, but there is a difference between prejudiced and racist. my post from another thread.

from something I posted in another thread:
Interracial couples in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
^^^^^^^^^
UT are you from Harker's Island or down east? I know many a daughter down that way getting disowned for going outside their race.

anyways. I do think there is a difference between racism & prejudice. We all have prejudice. I'm from Havelock, I'm headed to Goldsboro, but in between I'm in San Diego learning to be a Marine recruiter.

I'm black, my roommate is white. As a matter of fact, he was stationed at Cherry Point before coming out here to the school. We get along well, have no issues, have gone out together and become pretty good friends. He also goes out to dinner every Friday once a week with a set of Marines from his group (we're in the same class, different groups), most of which are Hispanic, including the one he's closest to/hangs out w/ the most. The one who he hung out with in his room until after midnight last night. Still with all this, he does not believe in interracial relationships. He thinks white should only date whites, and the same for everyone else. He has a 6-month old and I know he'd be devastated if she dated outside her race. I don't think this Marine is racist in the least, he just has his own set of prejudices.
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 PM
 
Location: 125 Years Too Late...
10,394 posts, read 10,009,260 times
Reputation: 9138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
One thing that always strikes me when I am traveling in the third world---how ugly European women are. Compared to the Asians, Africans and South Americans, the women from European countries have lousy complexions, stringy hair, poor posture, heavy gait, clumsy gestures, they're overweight, they dress frumpy and look ridiculous when they try to wear native dress.
This reminds me of a time that I spent several months in Asia (many years ago). I got quite used to seeing almost no white people and lots of Asians. Afterwards, when I got off the plane in San Fran, it was like a culture shock. Everyone had huge noses and gaunt features. And their bodies all looked like ET to me. It took me several days before I didn't feel like I was in a side show... the scary thing is... I look like that!

Okay, sorry; back to the regularly scheduled thread. Or, how about I relate it like this: because we look funny.
 
Old 06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
 
Location: The Midst of Insanity
3,225 posts, read 6,130,293 times
Reputation: 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This reminds me of a time that I spent several months in Asia (many years ago). I got quite used to seeing almost no white people and lots of Asians. Afterwards, when I got off the plane in San Fran, it was like a culture shock. Everyone had huge noses and gaunt features. And their bodies all looked like ET to me. It took me several days before I didn't feel like I was in a side show... the scary thing is... I look like that!

Okay, sorry; back to the regularly scheduled thread. Or, how about I relate it like this: because we look funny.
Wow. I think there's beautiful and ugly and people from ALL cultures. I've seen plenty of beautiful Europeans, and plenty of not-so-hot Asians...
 
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
 
Location: The Midst of Insanity
3,225 posts, read 6,130,293 times
Reputation: 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpointian View Post
Annika,
LOL! You would be accosted! That someone is not allowed to embrace their roots is quite silly.

There are more Americans of German ancestry than of any other ethnic group. Kind of hard to exclude.
Ha ha-I know. My father's from Germany and he's actually had people here ask him "So how many Jews did ya kill?" He wasn't even alive during WWII!!!! People can really be ignorant...
 
Old 06-10-2009, 12:28 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,653,762 times
Reputation: 35881
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Wow. I think there's beautiful and ugly and people from ALL cultures. I've seen plenty of beautiful Europeans, and plenty of not-so-hot Asians...
We think white people are so beautiful because we airbrush the blemishes off so many of them on the covers of the magazines in the check-out line. Instead, look at the people pushing the carts and see what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top