U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,112,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So you're making a sweeping racist comment, but admitting that you cannot - and so you will not - back it up with any evidence whatever.

You might as well say that the moon is made of cheese.

What would I back it up with? You want to follow me around for a day or something? lol. Im telling you from personal experience. Accept it or not. Your white so you'll back your own people, but look at the internet hate sites, majority all white. You going to back them too?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:56 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
What would I back it up with? You want to follow me around for a day or something? lol. Im telling you from personal experience. Accept it or not. Your white so you'll back your own people, but look at the internet hate sites, majority all white. You going to back them too?
Wow. Keep the hate alive. I've been on the receiving end of racism from Blacks, Asians, Hispanics and even by ethnic groups within the 'white' race. It all sucked, but I'm not prepared to label one specific group as being the'most' racist or hateful. You seem to be elevating yourself to some higher plane of thinking here. I'm sure that there are many people out there, of all ethnicities, that agree with your position, but to my way of looking at things, they are just as wrong. Your basing your position on bitterness over ...what? Exactly? Some white guys gave you the stink eye while you were out in public with your girlfriend? If you are so above the judgementalism of interracial relationships, why even bother mentionng that your gal is white? If it does not matter to you, and does not matter to her (it certainly don't make a fart in a high wind to me) what do you care about a few people that you ran across that you think it mattered to? As to 'backing your own', perhaps if you asked your girlfriend about it, she may have noticed something you have not. Some stink eye from black girls perhaps? Maybe she's not telling you everything? Your position is shallow and untenable. You are blanketing people in a PERCEPTION. That makes for weak arguement as to the validity of your claims. I spent a lot of my formative years in the Orient. My Dad was in the Navy. If you want to see some brutal racism, you should see what happens to children of mixed heritage over there. Some of the things my Father saw while in Viet Nam haunted him to the day I scattered his ashes. Does one or two or ten or twenty people burying a child of mixed race alive(or worse) make the Vietnamese the 'most' racist ethnic group then? Hardly. Despite the brutallity of such things condemning a whole people for scattered actions is misguided at best. Your claiming victims status. That does not become anyone.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,057,040 times
Because you are a low down dirty race of people bent on plunder and exploitation.

Can we move on now?

Old 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM

8,293 posts, read 22,461,476 times
Quote:
Then you need to have the integrity to say, "In MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I have experienced more racism from whites than from people of other races."

Old 07-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Because you are a low down dirty race of people bent on plunder and exploitation.
Crap. You read my autobiography didn't you?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:19 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If you don't know that sounds like, go and borrow a radio or a TV from somebody and listen to it. Listen to the mainstream stations or channels, to the speakers who have been educated and are speaking to a general audience. They are speaking White English, because they are speaking the language that has been passed down through generations from the time when nearly all educated Americans were white, and developed a uniform style of speech.

Look in a dictionary. The definitions of words in there are White English. Barack Obama uses words in the dictionary to mean what the dictionary says they mean. Find a book of English grammar. Obama forms his sentences according to those rules. NBA stars do not. That is as much elaboration as I am going to waste on you. Nome sain?
I know exactly what you mean. Its funny how the Non whites can get your drift but the peeps on the other side of the fence dont know.

I grew up in london and i could easily tell by listening to voices of people from how they talked in the buses or trains, you can tell if they came from a well to do neighbourhood or from the bad side of town, you can tell whether they were Black, Chinese, Filipino etc and yes i can also gauge if a Filipino grew up in a predominant average white area by some of the things they say.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
I know exactly what you mean. Its funny how the Non whites can get your drift but the peeps on the other side of the fence dont know.

I grew up in london and i could easily tell by listening to voices of people from how they talked in the buses or trains, you can tell if they came from a well to do neighbourhood or from the bad side of town, you can tell whether they were Black, Chinese, Filipino etc and yes i can also gauge if a Filipino grew up in a predominant average white area by some of the things they say.
Isn't that called an accent?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:35 PM

937 posts, read 2,530,561 times
Quote:
yes, whites are the most racist group. whenever i go out with my white girlfriend, it is whites that pay attention and give me the looks.

i actually wouldnt say whites in general, i would say white men. lot of jealousy, anger, etc.
Probably just laughing at your sagging pants, doo-rag and 250lb white girlfriend with gapped teeth.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM

3,513 posts, read 3,112,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Probably just laughing at your sagging pants, doo-rag and 250lb white girlfriend with gapped teeth.
and now you know why I said white males are the most racist. childish comments like this.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
and now you know why I said white males are the most racist. childish comments like this.
You need to lighten up, junior.

You come in here making some of the most sweeping, over-generalized racist comments of any member here. You obviously have a problem.

Then somebody cracks a joke, and you try to turn it into a racist comment.

You're probably going to continue to find racism everywhere, even if you have to make it up. But just remember that there are people who are going to call you out on it. I am one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates