U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Reputation: 12289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Hey look here clueless. You dont see the Rwanda's building massive ships to go to different continents to exterminate, conquer, enslave, oppress Asians, europeans, aboriginese, Native Indians now do you??

You dont see them making up some supremist organisation on a Global scale. What are pile of garbage will you conjure up next? which aint gonna be so hard, cuz, well, you're clueless.
Just who is building and sending out mass armada's of ships for this purpose these days? Lol, the last couquer and enslavement of a people on such a scale was actually done by the Japanese when they invaded China. What you are alluding to happened a LONG time ago. The Spanish were the biggest and the best at this for quite some time. Lol, can you cite from recent history examples of the conquering and enslavement of anyone by a vast armada of ships carrying greedy seekers of wealth not their own? Other than The one I already mentioned , of course. The last fleets sent out by all those evil white people were sent to fight those who would conquer and enslave. Looking at that it's also rather intersting how many Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc were serving in that fleet/force. Yes, the credit due the latter was late in coming, but come it did. Your judging things by standards that don't apply anymore. Bitternes over history does nothing to advance a better future. Rather it is better to take the lessons of history and learn from what was wrong and make it right. I thought we were on that road, but apparently I'm just clueless.

 
Old 07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
 
Location: B'ham
296 posts, read 711,590 times
Reputation: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Not only racist, but good at exterminating, lynching, stealing territory in more than a few continents, killing of jews, having a network or white supremist group in just about every country where there is a widespread population of whites. Needs we say more??

If there was really equality, how comes these white supremist are'nt put to rest??
I never said there was equality. And I acknowledged that whites were more well known to be racists than other races. Actually read my post before you get on your soapbox. What do you call Sudan, Rwanda, Cambodia, and Nicaragua or even the biblical Egyptians? I would say people of color know the contents of evil just as well as whites. My original point was: Yes, white people can be racists. But so can everyone else.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Obama playing field
716 posts, read 1,867,410 times
Reputation: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Just who is building and sending out mass armada's of ships for this purpose these days? Lol, the last couquer and enslavement of a people on such a scale was actually done by the Japanese when they invaded China. What you are alluding to happened a LONG time ago. The Spanish were the biggest and the best at this for quite some time. Lol, can you cite from recent history examples of the conquering and enslavement of anyone by a vast armada of ships carrying greedy seekers of wealth not their own? Other than The one I already mentioned , of course. The last fleets sent out by all those evil white people were sent to fight those who would conquer and enslave. Looking at that it's also rather intersting how many Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc were serving in that fleet/force. Yes, the credit due the latter was late in coming, but come it did. Your judging things by standards that don't apply anymore. Bitternes over history does nothing to advance a better future. Rather it is better to take the lessons of history and learn from what was wrong and make it right. I thought we were on that road, but apparently I'm just clueless.


LMAO... ok you wanna talk about recent events and some "light humour"? ok check this out. I was out in a bar the other night with a few friends and for no apparent reason we got to discuss we get treated by people. In our group there were 4 black guys 3 latinos and 4 Filipinos. We discussed how if it were one of us accidently bumped physically into another minority individual, the exchanges would be "Hey fool, cant you see where you going", the other would respond "no, you watch where your going and watch you're mouth" and that'll be the end of it.

If it were that any of us bumped to a white individual, the reaction is almost universally the same (the interesting part) the white person would look at us from head to toe and ask the same question all the time "Who do you think you are"?. As if like, "hey your a 2nd class citizen, you are of an inferior gene pool, get outta my face"

And thats as far our discussion will go.
I have a friend, one of the Bravest souls that ever lived, he's a Navy vet. A man who has so much ***** that mere mortals can only imagine existed. He is known as the "Egg" by those who are close to him. White on the outside but yellow on the inside. Yes he is white but has the wisdom and heart of an Asian. He was hanging out in a bar that were exclusively white folks. He could only spare just a few minutes to finish off his beer and leave only because people around him who he thought were friends has nothing better to discuss but talk about racial hatred towards other minorities especially black people.

Perhaps i could get him here to further clariffy the events that had unfolded. A lot of things could be learned from this man. If only. But like YOU said, there is still that gap between the what "I" call ethenticities as I can recall, there is only one human race, YOU however have a mindset that states otherwise.. THATS WHY, we have soo much distrust!!!
 
Old 07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Reputation: 12289
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
LMAO... ok you wanna talk about recent events and some "light humour"? ok check this out. I was out in a bar the other night with a few friends and for no apparent reason we got to discuss we get treated by people. In our group there were 4 black guys 3 latinos and 4 Filipinos. We discussed how if it were one of us accidently bumped physically into another minority individual, the exchanges would be "Hey fool, cant you see where you going", the other would respond "no, you watch where your going and watch you're mouth" and that'll be the end of it.

If it were that any of us bumped to a white individual, the reaction is almost universally the same (the interesting part) the white person would look at us from head to toe and ask the same question all the time "Who do you think you are"?. As if like, "hey your a 2nd class citizen, you are of an inferior gene pool, get outta my face"

And thats as far our discussion will go.
I have a friend, one of the Bravest souls that ever lived, he's a Navy vet. A man who has so much ***** that mere mortals can only imagine existed. He is known as the "Egg" by those who are close to him. White on the outside but yellow on the inside. Yes he is white but has the wisdom and heart of an Asian. He was hanging out in a bar that were exclusively white folks. He could only spare just a few minutes to finish off his beer and leave only because people around him who he thought were friends has nothing better to discuss but talk about racial hatred towards other minorities especially black people.

Perhaps i could get him here to further clariffy the events that had unfolded. A lot of things could be learned from this man. If only. But like YOU said, there is still that gap between the what "I" call ethenticities as I can recall, there is only one human race, YOU however have a mindset that states otherwise.. THATS WHY, we have soo much distrust!!!
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where your able to glean that I am being racist, in any way shape or form in my musings.. OK, so you can cite all these examples of disparate treatment to have either seen or been involved with, well, so can I, but I have not let it eat me up. If I did I'd be gnawed bones and nothing more. Oh, I could write a pretty thick book on the racially motivated treatment I've been on the s*** end of. However, I'm not carrying it around in a gunny sack. Lol, there ain't enough burlap to make a sack that big anyway. My conscience is clear as to how I treat people of differnent races, ethnicities, whatever you choose to call those differences. I never reciprocated the hatred I have recieved. Yes , it angered me, but I never responded in kind. In retrospect perhaps I should have. If one is going to be tried, convicted and hung for a crime, going to the gallows would be easier to take if your actually guilty.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Toledo
3,861 posts, read 7,417,177 times
Reputation: 3646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
----

What part of Europe are you talking about?
Are you sure that you like women?
What are you trying to imply here with the second question? Please don't try to tap dance around my question either.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Chicago's Finest
106 posts, read 229,171 times
Reputation: 90
Wow...So you don't have any nationality at all. Just a color. Other than American Indians, all races have blood lines that came from somewhere else. Know who you are and be Proud in your Heritage. I grew up in a very diverse environment. Color doesn't matter. It's who your are and what you stand for that makes things okay. It's okay to be proud, it's another thing to put down and spread hate. Which I know you aren't meaning at all. But it's more than jus color. Please see past that.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,111,206 times
Reputation: 1357
because the majority of the time someone says they are proud to be white, they are saying it because they believe every other race is inferior to them.

to them its not being proud, its being thankful they are white since all the other races are savages, etc.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 06:17 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
Short answer? You CAN'T be proud to be these (above) things.....it's just that folks listen and allow such statements to be made, for fear of causing hurt feelings.

Honestly, how can one be "proud" of something he had absolutely no part in carrying out, or in determining? Did you "make" yourself black....or white?....Did you 'invent' Hispanic culture?....did you 'write the rules' on being Asian? If not, then how can you (or anyone) be "proud" to be black..or white..or any other ethnic description? It makes no sense....It's like saying "I'm proud to be 5' 11" ".....or "I'm proud to have curly hair".....or "I'm proud to be male". These aren't things to be proud of, OR ashamed of....they're just facts.

If you want to be 'proud', try being proud of being honest...or educated...or speaking four languages..or running the 3-minute mile, or inventing something. Being 'proud' of ethnicity or race is just silly. These are simply 'facts of life', not accomplishments. Being 'proud' of your race because of what OTHER people of that race have done, makes no more sense than being 'ashamed' for the BAD things others have done, who are members of your race. In neither case does it reflect on you as an individual.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 07:47 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,457,074 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
because the majority of the time someone says they are proud to be white, they are saying it because they believe every other race is inferior to them.

to them its not being proud, its being thankful they are white since all the other races are savages, etc.
Prove it.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Reputation: 12289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangedEssence View Post
Wow...So you don't have any nationality at all. Just a color. Other than American Indians, all races have blood lines that came from somewhere else. Know who you are and be Proud in your Heritage. I grew up in a very diverse environment. Color doesn't matter. It's who your are and what you stand for that makes things okay. It's okay to be proud, it's another thing to put down and spread hate. Which I know you aren't meaning at all. But it's more than jus color. Please see past that.
Actually, it has been scientifically examined, and rather widley accepted , that the American Indian originally migrated across the Bering Land Bridge Somewhere around the end of the Pleistocene Epoch, and then moved ever further south from there into Mexico and South America, starting the Aztec, Toltec, Mayan , an Inca civilizations. The tribal culture that settled in North America became, what we know today, as the "American Indian' or, if you prefer, 'Native American'. "Native' being a bit of a misnomer, as they did not actually spring from this area, but came , as I said is widely accepted in the scientific community, from Asia originally.I suppose that native is close enough though, they were here first. Their culture just did not advance so much as their bretheren who migrated south. Technologically anyway. Metalurgy, agriculture, architechture etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top