U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 01:32 AM
pba

410 posts, read 800,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Maybe, but how do you explain the same feeling of other minorities especially Blacks when they also confronted with the same situation? We minorities do talk to eachother from time to time and compare notes every once in a while.
How many black people have you seen in that situation? Please, enlighten us on all your experiences with black people and how those actions reflect on blacks in general.

By the way, Sakuraba destroyed Gracie and JJ is good in the ring but terrible in a real fight.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 AM

2,681 posts, read 3,574,680 times
Quote:
Maybe, but how do you explain the same feeling of other minorities especially Blacks when they also confronted with the same situation? We minorities do talk to eachother from time to time and compare notes every once in a while.
"We Minorites"? I dunno how it is in "Cali", but me thinks most right thinking people would see that you have some issues within yourself. "Minorites" are far from a monolithic group, and most thankfully do not base their self-worth on the reactions of white folk around them.

What's tragic about this entire exchange is when one looks at this from afar, you are just as much an agent of white supremecy as a skinhead, and you can't see it. You ceed your entire psychological paradigm to the views of whites around you, and as a result allow yourself to be jerked around by idiots. I've gotten "The Look" too, and guess what. I love every second of it, becuase it means i'm making bigots uncomfortable.

You've allowed the white liberals to cast you as a victim, the exact thing Malcom X warned about. Sad.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,461,476 times
Quote:
Hatred, is that what you call it??

How would you term the feelings of former masters of their Negro slaves?

If you think i feel hatred just for pointing some things for people to think about, How can you best describe the feeling of a white man towards his Negro Slaves??
I don't know. And it's going to be pretty danged hard to tell, considering the FACT that there hasn't been slavery in America for almost 150 years.

But here are some questions that you CAN answer:
- How does it feel to be filled with racist hatred?
- How does it feel to blame racism on all your short-comings and mistakes?
- How does it feel to be a perpetual victim, and never responsible for yourself?

Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM

342 posts, read 582,633 times
graciejj, what would you do if a white person innocently bumped into you? I'm thinking you would not be kind or forgiving.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:22 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I don't know. And it's going to be pretty danged hard to tell, considering the FACT that there hasn't been slavery in America for almost 150 years.

But here are some questions that you CAN answer:
- How does it feel to be filled with racist hatred?
- How does it feel to blame racism on all your short-comings and mistakes?
- How does it feel to be a perpetual victim, and never responsible for yourself?
Thats like asking me to tell you the taste and texture of a jackfruit when your chewing it in your mouth.

I can tell all that i can, but YOU will never be able to appreciate it until you took a bite on it for yourself.

You need not look any further, judging from your statement of where you live, retribution is soon coming your way, and when you've been on a recieving end of prejudice for a while, perhaps we can go into it further. In the mean time, have a pleasant experience, if any, since your so keen to find out

Old 07-12-2009, 04:26 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
graciejj, what would you do if a white person innocently bumped into you? I'm thinking you would not be kind or forgiving.
After giving me a look over from head to foot and asking me who do i think i am bumping into them, when it aint my fault? will you still say "Pardon moi"??

If i bumped into a Hispanic or a Black or Chinese, it'll be "watch where you going" or "sorry" and without the look.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:40 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Thats like asking me to tell you the taste and texture of a jackfruit when your chewing it in your mouth.

I can tell all that i can, but YOU will never be able to appreciate it until you took a bite on it for yourself.

You need not look any further, judging from your statement of where you live, retribution is soon coming your way, and when you've been on a recieving end of prejudice for a while, perhaps we can go into it further. In the mean time, have a pleasant experience, if any, since your so keen to find out
The agenda you actually advocate has FINALLY been spoken. Retribution. Read , revenge, payback. Yes? For what wrongs then? Looks on the street? perceptions and feelings you gaet whenever a 'white boy' (your words not mine, has the audacity to have the wrong expression on their face and you read what you wish to see into it? This attitude is aggresive, and says "I'm spoiling for a fight'? Why is that? What are you wanting to fight about, exactly? To a single individual, every person I have known who walks through life looking for trouble is going to find it. Find enugh reasons to hate people, and go scroungling up reasons to get PO'd and sooner or later one is going to trip the WRONG persons trigger. Thats a gimme, and someone out there is , sooner or later, going to be faster on the draw, and more willing to squeeze the trigger. The 'white power' types just eat people with designs on retribution for racial injustice with relish and zeal. Lol, tit for tat though aye? Feed the beast. When hatred for something consumes a person, that person will, sooner or later, become what it is they hate the most. Seems to me, the person you mentioed in and earlier post whom you called 'The Egg' would be someone to have a sit down with. If this person is trully as Asian in his thinking as you say, I find it hard to believe he would advocate your position. Depending, of course , on what line of Asian thought he embraces. There are many, but your more...philisophical...Asina thought ( spritual is , perhaps a better word) does not advocate revenge, retribution, what have you, as a sole purpose for devtion of ones life. Not even Musashi was an advocate of revenge. His premise was to settle things face to face, blade to blade, and be done with it. Asian thought, especially Buhdist thought, looked to Karma for the righting of wrongs. The latter was never directed at whole races of people either, but rather was meant to be applied, to individuals. It's the whole premise to reincarnation. Lol, you will come back in the next life as what you hated and wronged the most in the previous. Something to think about..............

Last edited by NVplumber; 07-12-2009 at 04:53 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 06:04 PM

8,293 posts, read 22,461,476 times
Quote:

I'm one of many members here who see you oozing hatred and racial bigotry.

And thank you for wishing racially motivated violence on me and my family. How nice of you. You're a real piece of work.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:36 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Been honing in your deflective skills today have you?? nice try boy. Keep working.
Interesting. Deflective skills are some you have honed to a fine edge as well. You claim to speak for 'minorities' as a whole, and I still think this is a risky position. You vehamently condemn the racism and superior attitude that 'whites' put forth, bring up injustices perpetrated, on and on it goes. Yet you ignore the injustices, hatred, superiorist attitudes, 'colonialism'.etc, perpetrated by your own people. In an audacious attempt to bolster your position, you brought up Native American, (or American Indians) struggle to retain their way of life against the tide of the advance west in North America (albeit on another thread). Tell me then, does your native land live in peace and harmony with ALL the people viewing each other equally? Does Moro bump into Filipino and cast eyes down in deference? Does Filipino look upon Negrito as his/her equal and frequent the same 'hangouts'? As you said in a previous post, clean the excrement from your own side of the fence before jumping to my side'. Oh, lol, I know firsthand, up close, and personal, what excrement lies in your back yard miho'. I have lived it, understand it,and paid my dues to it. I would return to that life , if I could. I would relish the chance for MY son to learn the jungle from Tommy, to learn the plants and animals, to understand what being pushed off your home really means to a 'native' people, from the source and not a history book written by someone on the winning side, to truely see a person of another race as not your equal or inferior, but your teacher and master of all he surveys, including you. To see the trust and understanding that can develop between people of different races and backgrounds when you are WILLING to trust, and realize when you are out of your element and defer to the ones who are at home. Your position on this issue is standing on a loose sandbar in a fast rising river during monsoon season. Your only hope of survival is a person of another race, another color, another background entirely, and one you have ingrained in yourself to hate. What will you do? Metaphorical though this is, what will you do? Continue to generalize? To think that this person hates you as much as you hate them and die for that belief? Sooner or later you must take a chance. Roll the dice and see what happens. Odds are actually in your favor that the gamble will pay off. Not all whites, or people of other backgrounds and heritage, are bad. There is more good in the world than you think. If you take the time to look for it. If all you WANT to see is bad, then that is what you will see. I don,t know where you live, or where you have lived, other than you profess Phillipine heritage. When I was a junior in high school, we had a Phillpine exchange student come to my school. I met up with him in the cross country running program. We became fast friends, and our racial bakgrounds made no difference. We talked about the PI, he came from Manila, my experiences were around Alanghopo and Subic Bay, but we had a lot in common, and built on that. Isn't that in direct contradiction to what your views on things would lead us to believe should have happened? Your position is wrong. You should get out more. Remember, when your looking for something specific, it is often found where you least think to look. By the way, you continued use of the word 'boy' does not escape my notice. While, from an American point of view, I can dismiss it, to a point, it does you no credit. In your professed culture, it is an extreme insult, and that does not escape me either. I do still have a few terms in my repetoire' , in Tagalog, to respond in kind. But, I will not do so. That would be a discredit to a language and culture which I appreciate, and do not wish to portray in a negative way. This, just to let you know, your nuances do not escape everyone, and internet anonymity is no safe haven for all shame.

Last edited by NVplumber; 07-12-2009 at 07:13 PM..

Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM

11,457 posts, read 12,351,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
But if you're proud to be white you are considered prejudice.
How come if your Asian,Black,Hispanic and you want your children to marry within their own race you are considered proud, but if you're white and want your child to marry another white you are considered prejudice?
Because most who claim to be "proud" of being white are usually part of some crazy racist group. I've never met anybody who was intelligent and/or well educated that walked around claiming they were proud to be white. It's only something you see morons do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.