Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
The dominant American culture is the WASP culture and race.

----

What about music (Black), entertainment (Jew), high culture (Europe), financing of the American Dream (Chinese and Arabs), IT and EDP (Indian), workforce paying SS and filling up faulty demographics (Hispanic).

No, the ideas that gave rise to American Democracy are not WASP, but French.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:09 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times
Nothing wrong with White Pride.
Problem is that those two letters were kidnapped by morons and manipulated by the media.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:36 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
----

What about music (Black), entertainment (Jew), high culture (Europe), financing of the American Dream (Chinese and Arabs), IT and EDP (Indian), workforce paying SS and filling up faulty demographics (Hispanic).

No, the ideas that gave rise to American Democracy are not WASP, but French.
I would say the ideas that underpin America's democracy were a mix of both British, French, America's own spin on the Enlightenment, while a whole lot of Paine and Hamilton thrown in...

S.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:44 AM

814 posts, read 2,306,401 times
um, the culture today is different than the culture even a decade ago. the white culture today incorporates influences from all over the globe. there is the heathfood/green tea/soy craze, the yoga/meditation craze, the anime/manga/playstation craze, etc. most of this is with more cosmopolitan/yuppie types.

um, you can't assume what was traditional before to be what is prevalent today. i would agree the wasp/traditional types are usually the religious rightwing though.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:50 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Its not ok to be anything...Have you not heard?

Everyone is going have an issue with you depending on your enviroment.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
The biggest problem wih this whole debate is that there does not seem to be any middle ground. It revolves around the extreme fringes on both ends and tempers flare. Even those of us with a softer view of this tend to get pretty PO"d with a lot of the drivel that pops up, and we react predictably. I'm guilty. I react with extreme anger when someone tells me I'm a racist because I'm not ashamed to be white, or, that I'm just flat guilty by association of condoning racism. Then, I see the wackos, screaming about 'payback' and the other side waving pics of Hitler, and I wonder where to point my guns first, figuratively speaking. Neither end see's anyone caught in the middle, so, those of us who are end up ducking the fire from both ends of the spectrum. Maybe we should just let them duke it out and then just squish whoever wins. Leaves us less to deal with.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 PM

715 posts, read 2,086,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The biggest problem wih this whole debate is that there does not seem to be any middle ground. It revolves around the extreme fringes on both ends and tempers flare. Even those of us with a softer view of this tend to get pretty PO"d with a lot of the drivel that pops up, and we react predictably. I'm guilty. I react with extreme anger when someone tells me I'm a racist because I'm not ashamed to be white, or, that I'm just flat guilty by association of condoning racism. Then, I see the wackos, screaming about 'payback' and the other side waving pics of Hitler, and I wonder where to point my guns first, figuratively speaking. Neither end see's anyone caught in the middle, so, those of us who are end up ducking the fire from both ends of the spectrum. Maybe we should just let them duke it out and then just squish whoever wins. Leaves us less to deal with.

Quite already with your nonsense and deflection, you have done your good share of flaming my opinions and posts and now we have an intelect who exposes you for what you really are. Are you even capable of a comeback?? Kantutin mong inang aso

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
it's obvious i did state asian culture copying a lot of western culture right now. I've stated that several times on this forum. I criticize where I think asians are at fault. the person who made that post responding to obviously is prejudiced about asians or asian culture. that's what i was responding to. you are taking it out of context as well being 'hateful'. as if no one can tell. LMAO

i can come up with historical data showing that if it wasn't for a lot of eastern ideas and inventions, however primitive by today's standards and insignificant it may be dismissed, the west would not be what it is today without it, especially it's military. as well ghenghis khan did a huge service for the west by opening up trade routes and dying at that time. it actually turned out for the west's advantage.

i never said the west was more guilty but asia was more closed off at a certain point. it was the west who demanded the east open up for trade. it's OBVIOUS this point was brought up because they were so upset at asians copying western culture which is a bigoted statement because it doesn't even acknowledge that the west also has eastern influences. why the hell do i see people doing yoga, eating sushi, watching anime, practicing new age religions and meditation, green tea supplements etc.

you really think i can't tell when someone is a bigot or not including you?? or anyone else on this forum? do you really?

are you that obtuse or dishonest that i don't realize just about every post that person responded to one of my posts was out of context or turned around to defame asian culture or asians in some way which had nothing to do with my post or the topic?? do you think people are THAT STUPID?

I'm not defaming western culture. BUT i actually have as much grounds to as much as the other poster in accusing asians since asian culture traditionally stayed more to itself as well as had squabbles with it's own people whereas western culture was much more genocidal, and 'PUSHING DOWN DOORS' of other cultures. Even ghenghis khan wasn't racist and actually was more tolerant of different religions and peoples than whites were. Get your facts straight!!! You can pretend all you want as if you are some objective poster. I know how you white nationalists are. And this fits in with my earlier observation about the progressive nature of the constitution but an ideal and actual people are two different things. white nationalists believe america belongs to whites, should be under god(christianity) and that whites are the true and only real americans etc. this was perfectly a legitmate and poignant observation in regard to the paradox that is america in the ideals of the constitution and the usual tribalism whether it be between ethnicities or other races such as blacks and slavery. an indication of why race relations are still strained etc. this was turned around to note asia is ironic about western culture. it had no logical basis to that particular point because western culture spreads itself with intent. it does not stay within the confines of the west and it does not build a great wall around themselves or any such thing figuratively or literally.

You really don't think that i realize you are basically chiming in to support the other poster? it's implicit, it's obvious, it's obvious in the way you responded and what you chose to pick out of my post and ignore about the bigoted statement or tone of the other. it's a huge statement to do that in revealing your own bigotry and favoritism. my post was more on target than your opportunistic one.

it makes me happy that it boils people like you that asians are seen as a threat in some way or competition. it just pisses you off and makes you so hateful and convicted inside, doesn't it? that sense of nationalism and white pride fuels your hatred and ego to the hilt doesn't it? and at the end of the day and if you're honest you can't really blame them. if you look at the course of history in relation to today, the west got involved on their own. the opium wars, the colonization etc. interesting you never addressed how the west 'BURGLARIZED' others. yet you respond so self-righteously and pretend to be objective and like you are teaching me something which is contemptible. Even I didn't make such a pompous, erroneous and arrogant statement. LMAO

Old 08-01-2009, 03:04 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Quite already with your nonsense and deflection, you have done your good share of flaming my opinions and posts and now we have an intelect who exposes you for what you really are. Are you even capable of a comeback?? Kantutin mong inang aso
Comeback to what? And what , exactly, has your monumental intellect exposed me to be? I shot it as I see it, and your opinions and views need flaming. Tommy told me something once about when it's appropriate to hate someone, in the context of why he hated Phillipinos. Why his people hated them. Because the Phillipinos hated them first. Simple as that. When you give hate , you get hate. Works for me , anyway. That is what I have to say about that...........My Tagalog is a bit rusty, but if I understand that right, it's something about blowing smoke, or a smokescreen or something. Lol, ya think? Well, I may have set a fire or two getting the snakes out of the cane breaks.

Last edited by NVplumber; 08-01-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
why isn't it ok to be white?

It isn't ? Why not, I don't mind....................

Old 08-01-2009, 05:50 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Comeback to what? And what , exactly, has your monumental intellect exposed me to be? I shot it as I see it, and your opinions and views need flaming. Tommy told me something once about when it's appropriate to hate someone, in the context of why he hated Phillipinos. Why his people hated them. Because the Phillipinos hated them first. Simple as that. When you give hate , you get hate. Works for me , anyway. That is what I have to say about that...........My Tagalog is a bit rusty, but if I understand that right, it's something about blowing smoke, or a smokescreen or something. Lol, ya think? Well, I may have set a fire or two getting the snakes out of the cane breaks.
Gracie is simply projecting her own virulent hate onto others, so I wouldn't rise to her bait.

I agree with you, the "r" word is something that stirs up too much drama in people for it to really ever be examined properly. Too many people want to hold onto their anger and status of being a prepetual "victim" rather than see the world as it is. Let the world pass them by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates