U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 12:20 AM

2,880 posts, read 5,071,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Sand

Human beings are not what you think.
Human beings will always kill and hate each other.
If not by race, by religion, social status, envy, living in a different town, speaking different languages, eating garlic, you name it.
If Americans become a single race with a similar appearance, they will find 100 reasons to hate each other.
The cruelest of all conflicts are not racial conflicts but Civil Wars, brother killing brother.
Sadly, you are right. Humans....

Old 08-02-2009, 03:38 PM

716 posts, read 1,867,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Comeback to what? And what , exactly, has your monumental intellect exposed me to be? I shot it as I see it, and your opinions and views need flaming. Tommy told me something once about when it's appropriate to hate someone, in the context of why he hated Phillipinos. Why his people hated them. Because the Phillipinos hated them first. Simple as that. When you give hate , you get hate. Works for me , anyway. That is what I have to say about that...........My Tagalog is a bit rusty, but if I understand that right, it's something about blowing smoke, or a smokescreen or something. Lol, ya think? Well, I may have set a fire or two getting the snakes out of the cane breaks.
Get this right, Its Filipinos with an "F" as a means to describe one's ethenticity. Philippines is the name of the Country.

Watch the episodes, pay attention to part 3 where Filipinos are regarded as NEGROS because of our dark complexions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1f_1...om=PL&index=23

This is the legacy of colonialism, where it was portrayed that if your of dark complexion you would be from an inferior gene pool. I spit at the faces who think like this, ive ridiculed them in public and i love it!!

There have been many efforts to reverse this mindless trend, only the elite who do their darnest to attain pale complexion keep this crab mentality but their days are all but numbered and they know it. Yes, there are still who think like this to this day, but they are few between. We're just waiting for another revolution to eradicate it once and for all and undo what was bestowed upon us from your forefathers!! unfortunately american meddling to this day, holds back that dream.

You now have communists and islam rebellion on the rise to smoke the country of an american backed government. And whats alarming is that, both who cant stand eachother are willing to put their differences aside for what they hope, will tilt the balance. Are you learning anything yet??

Old 08-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,352,332 times
Gracie,

Relax, there are millions of American Sailors who loved thier time inth Phillipines.........

Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,902,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Get this right, Its Filipinos with an "F" as a means to describe one's ethenticity. Philippines is the name of the Country.

Watch the episodes, pay attention to part 3 where Filipinos are regarded as NEGROS because of our dark complexions.

YouTube - Spanish American War the Philippines and Filipino Genocide1

This is the legacy of colonialism, where it was portrayed that if your of dark complexion you would be from an inferior gene pool. I spit at the faces who think like this, ive ridiculed them in public and i love it!!

There have been many efforts to reverse this mindless trend, only the elite who do their darnest to attain pale complexion keep this crab mentality but their days are all but numbered and they know it. Yes, there are still who think like this to this day, but they are few between. We're just waiting for another revolution to eradicate it once and for all and undo what was bestowed upon us from your forefathers!! unfortunately american meddling to this day, holds back that dream.

You now have communists and islam rebellion on the rise to smoke the country of an american backed government. And whats alarming is that, both who cant stand eachother are willing to put their differences aside for what they hope, will tilt the balance. Are you learning anything yet??
I know it's with an 'F'. Just As you know that the term "boy' is insulting. Yet use it anyway .And you DO need to relax a bit. I enjoyed my time in the PI, have my share of memories from there. Never ran across anyone quite as hostile as you seem to be toward Americans. At any rate, thats not relevent anyway. I spent more time with the Negritos than I did with locals from around Alanhgapo, Ceasar Manaclang(ever heard of him?) being an exeption. My Father and he worked pretty close and he was at the house almost daily. A VERY formidable man. I learned much more from him and Tommy than you will ever be capable of teaching anyone. So, as to your last comment, whats to learn? That you hate Americans? OK. I learned my phlosophy about such things at an early age..... from men. I loved the PI. Always will. I live in the desert now, but I remember the jungle.My house is decorated with memories fron Subic. You can hate me for being what I am. It matters not a whit to me. It's one drop in a typhoon buddy.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:04 PM

1,004 posts, read 479,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I never got why anybody would be "proud" to be from whatever race anyway. The race you belong to is an accident of birth and has nothing with personal achivement so the pride aspect really does escape me.

I tend to find that people often confuse being proud with being comfortable and not apologetic about it. Which are two completely different things.

One implies a feeling of superiority towards those who do not share your ethnicity and one implies self assurance. Racial pride tends to lead IMO to jingoisitc, xenophobic, racist, nationalistic feelings , racial self assurance is a far more positive and "moving forward" attitude , to me anyway.

To be self assured about your race means not to feel inferior which is what we should all feel .

Regarding white pride it does not help that all the vocal white pride people tend to be racist bigots with prejudices the size of Texas...

I personally feel no pride in being white as it has nothing to do with me and I could have just as well been born Black or South-East Asian. I have always refused to see people in terms of colour, nations, sexuality etc... People are people, we are all individuals and trying to somehow make us fit into a neat little box seems not only pointless but intellectually churlish.

We should be proud of human achievements and human prowesses ( and often thoroughly ashamed too which many of us forget) and stop looking at colour as some kind of indicator.

Pride is divisive when what we need is to concentrate on the shared humanity which unites us all. I have never been a flag waver , never seen the point and it is the same with race.

If some of us concentrated on what we have in common rather than what seperates us we might have a slightly less hateful and warmongering world.

How can you be proud of something which is beyond your control and has nothing to do with you ? I could see how someone is proud of their intellectual personal achivements but pride in the colour of your skin completely baffles me.

I hope one day we will be mature enough to let go of all those silly notions and all end up being mixed race sometimes. The dilution of racial distinctions might help us move forward to a slightly less childish attitude towards colour and we might actually start seeing people for who they are rather than the pigmentation of thei epidermis.

At the end of the day we all belong to the same species .
Probably the best post I've come across on CD

Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Gracie,

Relax, there are millions of American Sailors who loved thier time inth Phillipines.........
Care to expand on that??

Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I know it's with an 'F'. Just As you know that the term "boy' is insulting. Yet use it anyway .And you DO need to relax a bit. I enjoyed my time in the PI, have my share of memories from there. Never ran across anyone quite as hostile as you seem to be toward Americans. At any rate, thats not relevent anyway. I spent more time with the Negritos than I did with locals from around Alanhgapo, Ceasar Manaclang(ever heard of him?) being an exeption. My Father and he worked pretty close and he was at the house almost daily. A VERY formidable man. I learned much more from him and Tommy than you will ever be capable of teaching anyone. So, as to your last comment, whats to learn? That you hate Americans? OK. I learned my phlosophy about such things at an early age..... from men. I loved the PI. Always will. I live in the desert now, but I remember the jungle.My house is decorated with memories fron Subic. You can hate me for being what I am. It matters not a whit to me. It's one drop in a typhoon buddy.

Hate of americans is too general for me, i would put to one side the hispanics, blacks, asians to one side and a good 20% of whites who believe in equal respect and honor (Late President Reagan) in that list, yes there are some good white americans, whilst the remaining 80% are by and large, well, really stupid white americans.

Just for the record and ill only say this once, i come from the Mangyan tribe, look it up, you'll see a lot of similarities to the negritos accept we dont have fine curly locks. And yeah, there is descrimination from the wide general public, because? well, we are very dark complexion. But as oppossed being upset towards them, i decided to look at the bigger picture. Looked at the cause!!

You really think all Filipinos are Passive? perhaps for a time, many moons ago, you'd be right to think so. But like everything, times have changed, even more so for the younger generations of Filipinos, including moi.

Filipinos are now at a crossroad, with every passing day brings clarity to the much clouded picture (thanks to the colonialist) we starting to figure out who we really are and who really are our real friends.

You and your buddies all too happy to burry the hatchet and come out with bashfull meaningless words like, "Ohh that happened many many years ago, get over it".

Ohh yeah, when will the good us of a stop meddling with Philippine affairs?? even after so many people that have died during the occupation and oppression, america still doesnt have the intelect or morales in keeping out its nose where it doesnt belong!! Im hoping the Obama administration brings all but an end to what the late stupid bush was doing and the legacy of his predacessors, Meddling.

Read up on this.

Shultz and the 'Hit Men' Destroyed the Philippines

Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,457,074 times
Quote:
Hate of americans is too general for me, i would put to one side the hispanics, blacks, asians to one side and a good 20% of whites who believe in equal respect and honor (Late President Reagan) in that list, yes there are some good white americans, whilst the remaining 80% are by and large, well, really stupid white americans.
LOL! This stuff is just too funny!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 AM

13,340 posts, read 10,902,291 times
Quote:

Just for the record and ill only say this once, i come from the Mangyan tribe, look it up, you'll see a lot of similarities to the negritos accept we dont have fine curly locks. And yeah, there is descrimination from the wide general public, because? well, we are very dark complexion. But as oppossed being upset towards them, i decided to look at the bigger picture. Looked at the cause!!

You really think all Filipinos are Passive? perhaps for a time, many moons ago, you'd be right to think so. But like everything, times have changed, even more so for the younger generations of Filipinos, including moi.

Filipinos are now at a crossroad, with every passing day brings clarity to the much clouded picture (thanks to the colonialist) we starting to figure out who we really are and who really are our real friends.

You and your buddies all too happy to burry the hatchet and come out with bashfull meaningless words like, "Ohh that happened many many years ago, get over it".

Ohh yeah, when will the good us of a stop meddling with Philippine affairs?? even after so many people that have died during the occupation and oppression, america still doesnt have the intelect or morales in keeping out its nose where it doesnt belong!! Im hoping the Obama administration brings all but an end to what the late stupid bush was doing and the legacy of his predacessors, Meddling.

Read up on this.

Shultz and the 'Hit Men' Destroyed the Philippines
Where did I EVER say anything about Filipino's being 'passive'? LMAO, the folks I had the bulk of my interaction with while there were anything but. Sorry, but I cannot empathize with much of what you are saying. Our relationship with the people in the Phillipines was positive, freindly, and beneficial for all involved. I never saw the animosity you are describing. I had a couple scuffles with some other kids from Alanghapo, got knocked around a bit with the Negritos, but, they were just looking me over to see what kind of a person I had the potential to be. Like I said, my Father trusted the people with whom I was interacting, and they trusted him. None of the bruisings and batterings I took (and there were a few) were delivered with hatred or revenge of any kind as the purpose. I certainly stood out with these folks. I was a serious tow head, have blue eyes and was quite obviously not born to the region, but was treated as if I was. No better, no worse. Is that where you are getting that I thought the people were 'passive'? At any rate, I prefer to keep my view of the people of the Phillipines as it is, which is as it was, and will always be. By the way, my father was a Naval officer. We landed in country in 1962 and left in 1969. From 64 to 69 my Father was the Provost for Subic. He recieved the job shortly after his commision. He was a Mustang officer. He was instrumental in developing the JEST program there, which is how we became so close with the Negritos. He also was the driving force behind the Negrito guard force that became the eyes and ears of the base security (which I understand went away long before the closing of Subic) Back in the late 70's I believe. I loved the Negrito people. They taught me more than I can ever properly repay them for. My Father , too, had the same view of his time there. Is that elaboration enough on a sailors time in the PI?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:53 AM

2,681 posts, read 3,573,781 times
GracieJJ: You're more than welcome to move to one of the 100+ countries that have negiligable to zero "white" population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates