U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM

6,044 posts, read 6,090,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
But if you're proud to be white you are considered prejudice.
How come if your Asian,Black,Hispanic and you want your children to marry within their own race you are considered proud, but if you're white and want your child to marry another white you are considered prejudice?
I'm white and I'm also proud to be white. If I was black I would also be proud. There is nothing wrong with pride, what is wrong is when pride of yourself becomes hatred for other people who are different. When that happens we get a bunch of this going on.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM

2,637 posts, read 2,557,055 times
People often busy themselves with things they have no control over, and then get frustrated when they can't make changes they deem necessary.---Race is not up to any one of us. All that is in Gods hands. He deals the cards, we just play the hand best we can. don't blame me if you get one eyed jacks. I'm not dealin.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:43 PM

2,192 posts, read 2,522,352 times
To be honest I associate anyone who is proud of being born a certain thing as a moron. You didn't accomplish anything special to be born black or white, rich or poor...its just the way it turned out. You didn't invent a light bulb by being Irish. Being proud about nonaccomplishments creates an environment of prejudice and racism. Pride is considered a sin for a reason and being proud of yourself for not doing anything would be deemed "sick pride".

Old 11-20-2009, 05:38 PM

6,044 posts, read 6,090,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
To be honest I associate anyone who is proud of being born a certain thing as a moron. You didn't accomplish anything special to be born black or white, rich or poor...its just the way it turned out. You didn't invent a light bulb by being Irish. Being proud about nonaccomplishments creates an environment of prejudice and racism. Pride is considered a sin for a reason and being proud of yourself for not doing anything would be deemed "sick pride".
This is actually quite true. You should be proud of yourself, good post.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:28 AM

340 posts, read 405,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
4beanie you can't be proud to be anything -learn the difference between your and you're - after all isn't English a white language?
Sorry about the error. I'm sure I'm the only one here that made a mistake in their (not there) post. I'm sure if I went back and looked at all your (not you're) post they would be perfectly spelled and correct in every manner.
Thanks for the english lesson.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:36 AM

340 posts, read 405,007 times
Or maybe better yet Ocean, you could start a thread on the proper use of the english language. Your reply would be more excepted there. I did not start this thread so someone could give me an english lesson.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:01 PM

People, put away those red pens. It's ok to make mistakes.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:03 PM

23,146 posts, read 16,742,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
But if you're proud to be white you are considered prejudice.
How come if your Asian,Black,Hispanic and you want your children to marry within their own race you are considered proud, but if you're white and want your child to marry another white you are considered prejudice?
We really need to put all of the "ethnic" pride stuff away. You can't control it anyway, so what is the point.

We should be proud of others things, such as accomplishments, or things of that nature.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Or maybe even things we had something to do with, or some control over---like the weather. hahahahhah

Old 11-21-2009, 06:55 PM

155 posts, read 141,582 times
Its okay to have pride in who you are but I do have a problem when white people use racist remarks and stereotype while they only say good things about their race
Just respect the other cultures/ethnicities as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates