Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times

Advertisements

I didn't know it wasn't OK to be white.
I didn't know it wasn't Ok to black or Asian or mixed race.
There is some American Indian blood in me from past generations. I have never scalped anyone or burned anyone at the stake.
We are what we are. As long as we are decent people, IT DON'T MATTER what the the race is.
There is good and bad in all races.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:45 AM

142 posts, read 205,661 times
I just have to wonder who some people are listening to and believing. When was it not ok to be white? When was it not ok to be black? No matter what others think or do to you, you should not be ashamed of your own skin color or heritage. That's just plain stupid.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM

316 posts, read 1,036,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erehs059 View Post
I just have to wonder who some people are listening to and believing.
Remind be so give you an 'atta boy' thing on here... you slammed it spot on. - 'listening and believing'..... do most people sit around today worrying about what anyone else thinks of them and then actually listening to that other person's 'fix'??? Happens a lot - codependent people ? there are a load of them.

Be yourself, stand up for what you believe in, and don't back down either. (didn't say don't comprimise)...

Thank you again Erehs059 for bringing out a huge point in this thread!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 AM

324 posts, read 572,457 times
Oh. I'm so tired of some White people pulling the race card.

I've see so many "PROUD" White people. Usually they narrow it down by ethnicity though. So you have the proud Italians, proud Russians, proud Bosnians, proud Germans... I could go on.

Nothing is wrong with that.

I think what people confuse White "PRIDE" of is the KLU KLUX KLAN which is a White supremacy group. They are an extremely hateful group who feel their race is far more superior than any other race. People who are proud of their own ethnicities and culture don't 'down' other religions and ethnicities, they just embrace their own. It's that simple. There shouldn't be 11+ pages of arguments.

WHITE PRIDE Shirts that I casually typed and easily FOUND in on the Computer. At one point they were even selling fashioned "White Pride" shirts.

http://rlv.zcache.com/irish_pride_sh...6a2pjj_325.jpg
http://rlv.zcache.com/proud_italian_...6avqs8_325.jpg
http://rlv.zcache.com/russian_chick_...38q08p_400.jpg

Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,384,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have no problem with White people being proud of their heritage. There is no joy in watching White people being hyper-apologetic about their existence. No problem with White people having a preference for their children to marry within their own race.

With that being said, White people do not have to fight against negative stereotypes about their own group...there is NO struggle of having an identity of Whiteness.

The problem comes when the "pride" of being White turns into anti-everyone who is not...or White supremacy. That line is typically crossed by those who pretend to profess White pride but are really attempting to harm others who are not White.
Not so sure about that. Whites, especially white men, have been held up to be the root of all evil for half a century now. No slander is too outrageous.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:59 AM

142 posts, read 205,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
Remind be so give you an 'atta boy' thing on here... you slammed it spot on. - 'listening and believing'..... do most people sit around today worrying about what anyone else thinks of them and then actually listening to that other person's 'fix'??? Happens a lot - codependent people ? there are a load of them.

Be yourself, stand up for what you believe in, and don't back down either. (didn't say don't comprimise)...

Thank you again Erehs059 for bringing out a huge point in this thread!
You're welcome. Thanks for the 'atta boy'....let me go on record for saying I'm a 'girl,' but that doesn't matter to me--it's the thought that counts.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:57 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,692 times
I love being White, although I take no credit for it personally, since I had no say in the matter. If I were another Color, I would be proud of that Color also. It's like being proud of what ever team Your on. That sure don't mean I dislike any other color. I could just as measly been another color, except My Parents were also White. --I only concern myself, with things I have some control over. color is not one of them. Now my weight, I have some say in.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 AM

136 posts, read 235,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEHATENOD View Post
But when the n*ggers of the black race hate every race besides blacks it's alright? Yeah, that's not hypocritical. . . at all.
Classic straw man argument. That poster did not even mention that your example was "alright". You just created a statement and then attacked your OWN created statement.

And no, I do not think it is "alright" for ANY race to blindly hate every race besides their own.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
How come you can be proud to be Asian
Hispanic
Black
Gay
But if you're proud to be white you are considered prejudice.
How come if your Asian,Black,Hispanic and you want your children to marry within their own race you are considered proud, but if you're white and want your child to marry another white you are considered prejudice?
Because most of the people reading this probably live in a place where 'white' is the majority.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 AM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Why was my post deleted by "Mike from back east" when I was only asking a simple question about someone using racist language to describe one race?

This is quite odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates