U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 PM

604 posts, read 1,071,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
......Does your view on things actually make sense to you?.....
YES. Does yours? Do you realize what you're fighting for? The right to abandon your child without consequence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Funny...I suggest you read that thread...otherwise you just look like an ass and an idiot....but its your choice, I cant control what you do.
It's not necessary. You've said it all. "That's the problem with people like you". You've called me an ass twice. Now you're calling me an idiot. Sorry, but that's judgmental. You know nothing about me.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Funny...I suggest you read that thread...otherwise you just look like an ass and an idiot....but its your choice, I cant control what you do.
You a bettin' man? Bet I could guess your profile/demographics/SES/education/work experience MUCH more accurately than you could mine. I know I could. And I didn't call you any names.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:56 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,090,623 times
so you feel it okay for a woman to get an abortion(stopping a child from being born) but think it is wrong for a man to not want anything to do with the mother or kid? Wow, now I see who you really are. I think we all know what you are and what you fight for. But hey its your right to feel this way.

Seriously, a man and woman MUST have equal rights without ones rights our ranking the other, as it is, the womans rights in this case out rank the mans...Yes, the woman should be able to get an abortion, but if the woman has that right then it only makes sense to allow the man to have the same option with a twist. The woman can get an abortion in an allowed time frame, the man has the same amount of time to opt out of the duty of father hood and financial help. if Either decide to ignore their rights and the time passes then they are both obligated to care for that child or agree together to give the child up. Once the child is born it is equally the mans and the womans.

As it is now, the woman has all control when it comes to children, When you do this you make all men look bad, you basically are saying than all men are bad and can not handle being a father...I know many men that are single dads becasue the mother is a drug *****, in prison, or just plain abandoned her children. When a woman does this we think nothing of it and choose to ignore it. But I want to tell you that woman who abandon their children equal the same amount of men that do this. Men are not the only dead beats, society just thinks a woman is too pure to do such a thing. Woman always get off lighter than men in all cases. Tell me where a woman is punished or ridiculed more harshly than a man...you cant, becasue there are none. Women make men to be asses just like you are doing now. To what agenda I do not know. But, women wanted equal rights, I say we give it to them. If you dont like it, I dont care, that is the way it should be. Equal across the board.

On a side note...I do respect that you have a point of view on this matter, not that I agree with it, but at least you address the problem is out there...thank you...I think.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 AM

4,466 posts, read 8,418,863 times
I feel that the men should have a say as well because is his kid!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
It's not necessary. You've said it all. "That's the problem with people like you". You've called me an ass twice. Now you're calling me an idiot. Sorry, but that's judgmental. You know nothing about me.
I was stating that as long as you are going to say something while being under informed or uninformed, you dont look so good. You have made plenty of comments on here without knowing what they actually mean, if you do know what they mean and are still posting them, then yes you look like an idiot and other times like a rear end. Before you make a comment or state something, make sure you know what you are saying or commenting on so that it actually makes sense. Anyone who was to go a and read the thread I pointed you to will see that you didnt read it and are under informed.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
You a bettin' man? Bet I could guess your profile/demographics/SES/education/work experience MUCH more accurately than you could mine. I know I could. And I didn't call you any names.
I have to hear this...go ahead guess away. You will not get one thing right Unless you read my profile, and then those wouldnt count. Thing is, I have posted all of that on here throughout the site, so yeah you could get pretty close, but as for education and work experience good luck. How about life experiance? I can bet that I have experienced far more than you have.

My life experience is what I use to gauge a situation, make comments, and yes...judge, becasue judging is not wrong unless you turn from judgment to control. You would now this, if you read the thread.

I apologoze for generalizing you with people on this site, but when the facts point in that direction and I have nothing else to work with...what am I to do. We all know that there are some idiots and asses on this site. One must make sure not to jump into the pool with them..We have all done it, some just stay in longer than others. I took a dip awhile ago and got right out.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 AM

21,730 posts, read 21,615,188 times
Quote:
Again, there's a bill before congress proposing the father has rights to decide if the woman can abort. In the bill, cases of incest and rape are excluded. So yes, highly unlikely, but not inconceivable.

It still sounds as if this bill is one sided. Theoretically, It would give the man authority to veto a womans decision to get an abortion, leaving him with the responsibility of the child, maybe, but does it give him authority to force an abortion? If not, this still does not give him any say over responsibility of the child just the authority to force somone to carry a child to term.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,004,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

It still sounds as if this bill is one sided. Theoretically, It would give the man authority to veto a womans decision to get an abortion, leaving him with the responsibility of the child, maybe, but does it give him authority to force an abortion? If not, this still does not give him any say over responsibility of the child just the authority to force somone to carry a child to term.
Nothing stopping the woman from going to Indiana, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, or any other border states that I may have forgotten, to get an abortion. Kind of makes the bill, well, pointless.

That and the Supreme court would strike it down, as quickly as it would pass.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 AM

21,730 posts, read 21,615,188 times
True. Not a very well thought out bill. Who is going to foot the bill for the DNA test? If a woman wants an abortion whats to stop her from naming a male friend to agree to it instead of the real father. Solves nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or