U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Chicago- Lawrence and Kedzie/Maywood
2,242 posts, read 5,435,220 times
Reputation: 735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Oh man, you guys are idiots. You're so concerned about minutia that you're not looking at what's important. My point was that KNOWING THAT THERE ARE IRRESPONSIBLE WOMEN OUT THERE WHO ARE LIKELY TO GET PREGNANT AND THEN FORCE YOU TO PAY FOR 18 YEARS OF CHILD SUPPORT YOU NEED TO TAKE UPON YOURSELF TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS by (1) choosing carefully who you're going to have sex with, and (2) wearing protection regardless of what she says (like, "I'm on the pill" or "I know my cycle" or "You can pull out" or "I'm allergic to latex"). You don't want to pay? You shouldn't be out there acting like a moron. The point is to not get her pregnant in the first place and it's always been that way. Before abortions were commonplace, that was the goal; DON'T GET HER PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You're not going to change the child support laws because they're for the best interest of the child. I doubt there will ever come a day when you can change the abortion laws to state that a man a say so in the matter because then you're taking away a woman's choice.
I'm not "putting it all on the man", just stating the obvious. You guys are obviously aware of what can happen to you so you should be taking the proper precautions for it not to happen. I don't believe in excuses, just actions because I am a man. Now, stop acting like p-ssies and man up.
Women can choose too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
 
898 posts, read 1,242,773 times
Reputation: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Women can choose too.
Yeah, and this b-tch fest is all about how women can screw up a man's life with their choices. Well, time to take some responsibility and make sure you don't get yourself into a situation where a woman can do that to you. How is it that I and thousands of other men have managed to do it if it's all up to women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Chicago- Lawrence and Kedzie/Maywood
2,242 posts, read 5,435,220 times
Reputation: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Yeah, and this b-tch fest is all about how women can screw up a man's life with their choices. Well, time to take some responsibility and make sure you don't get yourself into a situation where a woman can do that to you. How is it that I and thousands of other men have managed to do it if it's all up to women?
: smack:
We are talking about what happens AFTER the situation has happened.
Not preventatives

-Women can abort, give away, or keep the baby

-Men can ONLY KEEP the baby.
If they don't want it, then they must give money to the woman for 18 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,939,282 times
Reputation: 3848
A man can screw up a woman's life with his choices. Parents can screw up a child's life with their choices. Teachers can screw up students' lives with their choices. It's not like women's purpose in the world is to accommodate men by only making choices with their bodies that are agreeable to men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,939,282 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Please do me a favor and read what I was responding to. Someone else said that is how things should be. I as merely asking to clarify, if they truly felt that way.
You weren't asking. But let's end this on an uplifting note: you do admit that a woman can collect only a single serving of child support for any one child. The average child support award in this country, as I already pointed out previously, is quite low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
What does it matter who commits more sexual crimes? why should a woman get off light for any crime. I say if you commit a crime, you do the time and I dont care what sexual organs you have, you get equal punishment. I actually think the whole legal thing needs to be redone, its in favor of minorities, women, and big business.
It matters when you are trying to suggest that there is an epidemic of sexual crimes by men against women, while in fact, the reason that a lot more men than women go to jail for rape is that a lot more men than women actually commit rape. As for women getting off light, I prefer facts to conjecture -- point to cases of women getting away with rape, and after I study all the facts, I'll give you my honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Well you dont live where I live do you?
Correct. You live in the magical land where $380 per month in child support not only pays for child care but allows a woman to live a life of luxury. I keep asking you guys where that place is, and no one will tell me. So, just out of curiosity -- where do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Positions of servitude? Most women dont go for the boss jobs, and most companies wont hire a male as an assistant because they dont think we could do it. A friend of mine has tried to land jobs normally given to women and could not get any of them. You name it he has tried it, and been turned down.
So what you are saying is, women prefer to be low-paid servants rather than bosses, whereas poor men suffer being limited to positions of highly paid professionals and executives. Nice. I'll just file that away under "Women like being abused" category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Because most women dont try for it does not mean its a mans problem.
And why don't they try? Inferior female nature? Or knowledge that they won't be allowed to succeed? As well as pressure not to? It's not a "man's" problem, but it's definitely the society's problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
send me an email of what you require.
Up until the time we actually get to private information, I prefer to keep this discussion out in the open. I require your full name, address, date of birth and social security number, along with verifiable proof that you are who you say you are. Additionally, I require a statement as to the nature of proof you expect (so that we don't argue later as to whether an affidavit is good enough). I also require a bond in an amount we can negotiate to reimburse me for the expenses of getting the proof in the form that you want.

Last edited by Redisca; 08-12-2009 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,311,199 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
A man can screw up a woman's life with his choices. Parents can screw up a child's life with their choices. Teachers can screw up students' lives with their choices. It's not like women's purpose in the world is to accommodate men by only making choices with their bodies that are agreeable to men.
But does that make it right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 01:15 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,939,282 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But does that make it right?
Do I think it's right that women are allowed to exist for themselves and not merely to service men? Yes, absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,311,199 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Do I think it's right that women are allowed to exist for themselves and not merely to service men? Yes, absolutely.
If they are capable of existing without the help of a man, then they should be able to provide for a child that they decided they wanted, without the help of a man that doesn't want the child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 04:11 PM
 
1,779 posts, read 2,037,858 times
Reputation: 616
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
You weren't asking. But let's end this on an uplifting note: you do admit that a woman can collect only a single serving of child support for any one child. The average child support award in this country, as I already pointed out previously, is quite low.
Yeah, because $380 a month is not alot of money...for some men it is, not all guys work for big firms, drive nice cars and get paid $80,000+ a year. Most men only get paid about $20,000 if not less. That is a quarter of their income. And what if they have more than one kid?

Quote:
It matters when you are trying to suggest that there is an epidemic of sexual crimes by men against women, while in fact, the reason that a lot more men than women go to jail for rape is that a lot more men than women actually commit rape. As for women getting off light, I prefer facts to conjecture -- point to cases of women getting away with rape, and after I study all the facts, I'll give you my honest opinion.
Look it up and see for yourself I dont have the time to get that info but it is there.

Quote:
Correct. You live in the magical land where $380 per month in child support not only pays for child care but allows a woman to live a life of luxury. I keep asking you guys where that place is, and no one will tell me. So, just out of curiosity -- where do you live?
Actually I work in a place that does not have alot of big corporate jobs and flooded by low income jobs

Quote:
So what you are saying is, women prefer to be low-paid servants rather than bosses, whereas poor men suffer being limited to positions of highly paid professionals and executives. Nice. I'll just file that away under "Women like being abused" category.
That is what the evidence points to. If they didnt they would go to school, work their way up or find jobs they are qualified for. No one wakes up and says I want to be a manager today with no experience and actually does it. If they do, then they wont last long as a manager. It takes time, and just because some guy got their in 2 years does not mean that everyone will. Why should anyone promote a woman for a job if they find a guy that is better.

Quote:
And why don't they try? Inferior female nature? Or knowledge that they won't be allowed to succeed? As well as pressure not to? It's not a "man's" problem, but it's definitely the society's problem.
No, actually They dont try because they dont think they can, because women before them tell them that they cant or that it is a mans world and they wont get it. That is all, it is not societies problem and it is not Mans problem, it is an issue that each woman must over come on her own until the time comes where other women are not telling them that it is a mans world and that they can do it.

Quote:
Up until the time we actually get to private information, I prefer to keep this discussion out in the open. I require your full name, address, date of birth and social security number, along with verifiable proof that you are who you say you are. Additionally, I require a statement as to the nature of proof you expect (so that we don't argue later as to whether an affidavit is good enough). I also require a bond in an amount we can negotiate to reimburse me for the expenses of getting the proof in the form that you want.
In other words you cant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 4,939,282 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Yeah, because $380 a month is not alot of money...for some men it is, not all guys work for big firms, drive nice cars and get paid $80,000+ a year. Most men only get paid about $20,000 if not less. That is a quarter of their income. And what if they have more than one kid?
$380 is the average -- that means half of all child support awards are less than that, many a lot less. The fact that you say most men make very little money also does not change the fact that $380 per month covers a small fraction of childcare costs. Where I live, that's about 1/4 of the monthly cost of day care alone. So, while you may lament how a child support award cripples a man financially, you seem to be forgetting that the custodial parent must provide five times as much. How much are "most women" paid, do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Most men only get paid about $20,000 if not less.
In other words, you are saying that more than 50% of men earn $20K or less? This is also false: according to the US Census Bureau, the average annual income for men is just under $41K -- which means the exact opposite of what you said, that most men make a lot more than $20K per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Look it up and see for yourself I dont have the time to get that info but it is there.
I have looked it up -- and it contradicts completely everything you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Actually I work in a place that does not have alot of big corporate jobs and flooded by low income jobs
Yes, but isn't it also a place where one can live in luxury for less than $500 per month? Come on, come on, tell me. I'm dying to look up the official stats on the incomes and cost of living where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
That is what the evidence points to. If they didnt they would go to school, work their way up or find jobs they are qualified for. No one wakes up and says I want to be a manager today with no experience and actually does it. If they do, then they wont last long as a manager. It takes time, and just because some guy got their in 2 years does not mean that everyone will. Why should anyone promote a woman for a job if they find a guy that is better.
That's complete BS. What evidence really points to (and I define evidence as something derived from long-term observation by unbiased researchers, as opposed to something you just want to believe), is that women get paid less than men for doing the same jobs and having the same qualifications; and that men are more likely to get promoted than women despite being less qualified or experienced. Ya think women want that too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
No, actually They dont try because they dont think they can, because women before them tell them that they cant or that it is a mans world and they wont get it.
No, actually it's men who are particularly fond of doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
In other words you cant.
Of course I can. I just won't reveal my and another person's private information without security and I won't spend my own money satisfying your whims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top