Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 03:07 PM

604 posts, read 1,183,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So I guess the childs right to life outweighs the womans right to choose.
Then your guess is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 03:08 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,348,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So I guess the childs right to life outweighs the womans right to choose.
Thats exactly it, when people play the childs life trump card they see it as a game winner. When its not, because if you ask most of the same people if a woman has a right to have an abortion then they say of course she does its her body.

So a childs welfare(cost) out weighs a mans desires not to be a parent. But a womans life(financial, social, and all other reasons) out weigh the childs life if she does not want to be a parent.

So, basically what society is saying is this:

Women, go out fornicate with anyone you want and we have two easy buttons for you if you get pregnent.

1. Have an abortion, the process is light and within a month you'll be whoring it up again.

2. have the child, even if the man does not want the child, take him to court and take all his money, we will give you food stamps, you'll never have to work and you can still whoreit up on the weekends.

Wow, here are the mans choice(s)

1. Dont have sex (because women are evil and all they want is your sperm and money)...not how I feel, its how others make it seem.
2. have sex and pay one way or another
3. have sex, dont pay for child support, and be labeled a criminal, evil, and a scumbag even though you did not want to be a father.

I am thinking I might just get the surgery after all, women have it easy these days. If you dont think they do...you can think what you want, but the facts say otherwise.

So, men...no matter what your screwed. Women, damn...you have it made.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,227,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Thats exactly it, when people play the childs life trump card they see it as a game winner. When its not, because if you ask most of the same people if a woman has a right to have an abortion then they say of course she does its her body.

So a childs welfare(cost) out weighs a mans desires not to be a parent. But a womans life(financial, social, and all other reasons) out weigh the childs life if she does not want to be a parent.

So, basically what society is saying is this:

Women, go out fornicate with anyone you want and we have two easy buttons for you if you get pregnent.

1. Have an abortion, the process is light and within a month you'll be whoring it up again.

2. have the child, even if the man does not want the child, take him to court and take all his money, we will give you food stamps, you'll never have to work and you can still whoreit up on the weekends.

Wow, here are the mans choice(s)

1. Dont have sex (because women are evil and all they want is your sperm and money)...not how I feel, its how others make it seem.
2. have sex and pay one way or another
3. have sex, dont pay for child support, and be labeled a criminal, evil, and a scumbag even though you did not want to be a father.

I am thinking I might just get the surgery after all, women have it easy these days. If you dont think they do...you can think what you want, but the facts say otherwise.

So, men...no matter what your screwed. Women, damn...you have it made.

BRAVO BRAVO

This is what has been repeated over and over and these people still don't understand.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,675,989 times
Quote:
Can you prove that please...that seems like something you pulled out of your rear...also, the collecting child support from mutliple men part I never said they do, I was responding to the previous posters claims that that is how it should be. SO, do me a favor and read things through before you make yourself look like an ars.
Now that you've taken to reporting me for accurately identifying the source of your misogynistic views, I caution you against your use of profanity. If you refer to my anatomy one more time, rest assured I will report you as well. And you DID suggest that women collect child support from multiple men for the same child. Your exact words were: "You think that I should have to provide for a womans kids she had before she met me? so not only should the real father provide but the new one as well? If the new father leaves he should have to pay for not just his kids but her first ex's kids as well even though they are not together? If this is the case then I see no reason for women to work again...get pregnant dump the father get married to someone else and have kids...dump him and get married again and now you have three times the income and do not need to work ever again. Man if that where the case I would want to be a woman...wait, that is the case." The only reasonable interpretation of your statement is that after the mother and the stepfather divorce, the mother will proceed to collect child support for her child both from their biological father and from the stepfather -- and that she can, in fact, collect triple child support simply by marrying three times. That was, of course, a lie. You made it up, and you are making it up by denying it.

Quote:
Woman can and do abandon their children all the time. Women abuse and neglect chilrdren all the time and they get off light. They always use mental stress or something to that nature. Look at all the female teachers out there that have sex with students and they get short amount of time in prison and a slap on the wrist.
According to the US Bureau of Justice latest statistics (1999), 91% of rape victims are female and 99% of perpetrators are male. And don't tell me men who brutalize women don't whine about mental stress. Just look at George Sodini, another fine product of the misogynist movement -- and all the people who are defending what he's done.

Quote:
Where I live, women have no morals and will do anything for a fix or some booze. There are so many single mothers its rediculas. You cant blame the men on this either. Most girls I know got pregnant from a guy who did things illegal and are now in prison. They knew what they where getting into and still did it.
Funny, none of the men or women I know fit that description.

Quote:
I could care less what your profession is or how it is domonated by whomever. Look at the nursing field...mostly women, look at any type of assistant or pharmasist...mostly women.
Yeah, it's so unfair that women, like, have totally monopolized positions of servitude. There should be more male assistants and more female bosses.

Quote:
a lawyer makes how much? not as much as some pharmasists.
Some pharmacists make more than some lawyers, but most lawyers make more than most pharmacists. And the legal profession opens much greater possibilities for careers in politics, which is why it is predominantly male.

Quote:
Also, can you prove that your validictorian was offered money from a womans group? can you prove that the validictorian was a man? can you prove any of which you have claimed in any of your posts?
Yes, I can. But before I give out someone else's personal information, I will, of course, need yours. For security, you know.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Now that you've taken to reporting me for accurately identifying the source of your misogynistic views, I caution you against your use of profanity. If you refer to my anatomy one more time, rest assured I will report you as well. And you DID suggest that women collect child support from multiple men for the same child. Your exact words were: "You think that I should have to provide for a womans kids she had before she met me? so not only should the real father provide but the new one as well? If the new father leaves he should have to pay for not just his kids but her first ex's kids as well even though they are not together? If this is the case then I see no reason for women to work again...get pregnant dump the father get married to someone else and have kids...dump him and get married again and now you have three times the income and do not need to work ever again. Man if that where the case I would want to be a woman...wait, that is the case." The only reasonable interpretation of your statement is that after the mother and the stepfather divorce, the mother will proceed to collect child support for her child both from their biological father and from the stepfather -- and that she can, in fact, collect triple child support simply by marrying three times. That was, of course, a lie. You made it up, and you are making it up by denying it.
Please do me a favor and read what I was responding to. Someone else said that is how things should be. I as merely asking to clarify, if they truly felt that way.

Quote:
According to the US Bureau of Justice latest statistics (1999), 91% of rape victims are female and 99% of perpetrators are male. And don't tell me men who brutalize women don't whine about mental stress. Just look at George Sodini, another fine product of the misogynist movement -- and all the people who are defending what he's done.
What does it matter who commits more sexual crimes? why should a woman get off light for any crime. I say if you commit a crime, you do the time and I dont care what sexual organs you have, you get equal punishment. I actually think the whole legal thing needs to be redone, its in favor of minorities, women, and big business.

Quote:
Funny, none of the men or women I know fit that description.
Well you dont live where I live do you?

Quote:
Yeah, it's so unfair that women, like, have totally monopolized positions of servitude. There should be more male assistants and more female bosses.
Positions of servitude? Most women dont go for the boss jobs, and most companies wont hire a male as an assistant because they dont think we could do it. A friend of mine has tried to land jobs normally given to women and could not get any of them. You name it he has tried it, and been turned down.

Quote:
Some pharmacists make more than some lawyers, but most lawyers make more than most pharmacists. And the legal profession opens much greater possibilities for careers in politics, which is why it is predominantly male.
Because most women dont try for it does not mean its a mans problem.

Yes, I can. But before I give out someone else's personal information, I will, of course, need yours. For security, you know.[/quote]

send me an email of what you require.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM

897 posts, read 1,588,467 times
All this arguing is proving the point that the laws need to be there for the child, not the parents. Yes, there are irresponsible women just like there are irresponsible men. It's not a child's fault who he/she is born to and if the parents won't take the incentive, then the laws should insure the child is taken care of. Again, the only reason I care is because I don't want to have to pay for someone else's child.
As for any man who ******* and complains about this, keep in mind that you have control over your penis and what goes on it or what it goes into. This means that you do have a choice. You have a choice to put on a condom and you have a choice on who you decide to do the dirty deed with. Take responsibility for yourselves. In short, be a man.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
All this arguing is proving the point that the laws need to be there for the child, not the parents. Yes, there are irresponsible women just like there are irresponsible men. It's not a child's fault who he/she is born to and if the parents won't take the incentive, then the laws should insure the child is taken care of. Again, the only reason I care is because I don't want to have to pay for someone else's child.
As for any man who ******* and complains about this, keep in mind that you have control over your penis and what goes on it or what it goes into. This means that you do have a choice. You have a choice to put on a condom and you have a choice on who you decide to do the dirty deed with. Take responsibility for yourselves. In short, be a man.
yep thats right put it all on the man.

I do agree with you but you should have added.

any women that ******* and complains about a man not paying or not wanting to pay or being a bad father...remember you have control over your vagina and, you can take birth control or make the guy wear a condom, you decided what goes in you and what doesnt go in you. This means you as well have a choice. You decide in the end who puts anything in you, if you get pregnant its just as much your fault as it is his if not more your fault. After all you know more then a guy when and if you can get pregnant. Thus the responsibility of having sex actually falls on you, if you dont want to get pregnant be careful, know your cycles, know your mate and if he is wearing a condom, you should also be on birth contol if you do not want to be a parent.

Both men and women share a part in this act, but women have more contol over it than men. yes, a man can wear a condom, a man can pull it out. However, a woman should know her own body enough to know when to be sexually active and when not to be. She should be using birth control and make sure her partner is wearing a condom or on male birth control as well.

So would everyone please stop saying that it is a mans sole duty to take care of the woman and child. It is not, the man and women have an equal duty to provide for that child. So, if the man has to pay child support then the woman should HAVE ot work a full time job. The more she wants the more she has to do. Also, if the man is paying child support then the man should have 50/50 custody of that child, unless either parent is a criminal(violent crimes) then it should be equaly shared custody.

Also, neither parent should be allowed to move out of the city without consent of the other parent. Also, each parent not only must provide for the child but the two parents must decide together how to raise the child in every way just like normal married couples with kids.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:26 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Women have other choices after the pregnancy begins, Men don't, thats what we are arguing.

Also, women now have the choice to take the mourning after pill.

Hence the crutch of the argument.

BOTH adults consented to have sex, therefore BOTH adults are responsible for the outcome. Don't put that only on the man.

WOMEN have OPTIONS afterwards, they can get an abortion, put the child up for adoption, or opt to take the mourning after pill to prevent the pregnancy from ever taking place. What we are fighting for is giving a MAN the same OPTION as WOMEN have.

EQUAL RIGHTS

Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM

897 posts, read 1,588,467 times
Oh man, you guys are idiots. You're so concerned about minutia that you're not looking at what's important. My point was that KNOWING THAT THERE ARE IRRESPONSIBLE WOMEN OUT THERE WHO ARE LIKELY TO GET PREGNANT AND THEN FORCE YOU TO PAY FOR 18 YEARS OF CHILD SUPPORT YOU NEED TO TAKE UPON YOURSELF TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS by (1) choosing carefully who you're going to have sex with, and (2) wearing protection regardless of what she says (like, "I'm on the pill" or "I know my cycle" or "You can pull out" or "I'm allergic to latex"). You don't want to pay? You shouldn't be out there acting like a moron. The point is to not get her pregnant in the first place and it's always been that way. Before abortions were commonplace, that was the goal; DON'T GET HER PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You're not going to change the child support laws because they're for the best interest of the child. I doubt there will ever come a day when you can change the abortion laws to state that a man a say so in the matter because then you're taking away a woman's choice.
I'm not "putting it all on the man", just stating the obvious. You guys are obviously aware of what can happen to you so you should be taking the proper precautions for it not to happen. I don't believe in excuses, just actions because I am a man. Now, stop acting like p-ssies and man up.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:12 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Oh man, you guys are idiots. You're so concerned about minutia that you're not looking at what's important. My point was that KNOWING THAT THERE ARE IRRESPONSIBLE WOMEN OUT THERE WHO ARE LIKELY TO GET PREGNANT AND THEN FORCE YOU TO PAY FOR 18 YEARS OF CHILD SUPPORT YOU NEED TO TAKE UPON YOURSELF TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS by (1) choosing carefully who you're going to have sex with, and (2) wearing protection regardless of what she says (like, "I'm on the pill" or "I know my cycle" or "You can pull out" or "I'm allergic to latex"). You don't want to pay? You shouldn't be out there acting like a moron. The point is to not get her pregnant in the first place and it's always been that way. Before abortions were commonplace, that was the goal; DON'T GET HER PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. You're not going to change the child support laws because they're for the best interest of the child. I doubt there will ever come a day when you can change the abortion laws to state that a man a say so in the matter because then you're taking away a woman's choice.
I'm not "putting it all on the man", just stating the obvious. You guys are obviously aware of what can happen to you so you should be taking the proper precautions for it not to happen. I don't believe in excuses, just actions because I am a man. Now, stop acting like p-ssies and man up.
Condoms break, I have a 5 year old to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates