U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 03:51 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,303,656 times

Advertisements

I think this is in every other forum I've ever been in but seems to be missing here. Do you eat meat, or are you vegetarian (or are you an omnivore?)? What are your reasons for your choice?

For me, I sometimes eat meat. There isn't anything I would not eat if it was put on my plate. I might not like the texture, but since I have no taste buds, it has nothing to do with the taste. Probably because I was basically starved as a child, so I never want to pass up food. The only thing that keeps me from buying meat or fresh vegetables is the COST. Too expensive, really, to eat as an every day thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 04:04 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,705,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I think this is in every other forum I've ever been in but seems to be missing here. Do you eat meat, or are you vegetarian (or are you an omnivore?)? What are your reasons for your choice?

For me, I sometimes eat meat. There isn't anything I would not eat if it was put on my plate. I might not like the texture, but since I have no taste buds, it has nothing to do with the taste. Probably because I was basically starved as a child, so I never want to pass up food. The only thing that keeps me from buying meat or fresh vegetables is the COST. Too expensive, really, to eat as an every day thing.
Ferocious omnivore here

This creature has even eaten rats, camels and solidified/crystallized blood of cattle, blended, mixed with pepper, salt and spices

Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 PM

10,394 posts, read 10,003,997 times
I'm an adherent to the see-food diet. (see it and eat it)

Old 06-26-2009, 05:44 PM

42,668 posts, read 71,638,476 times
I will eat anything except the juvenile forms of cold cereal and ready-to-eat freezer-to-zapper monstrosities. But since I cook for myself, I'm pretty careful about what I eat. Basicly, I use meat as a condiment, with no more than one or two ounces per day, added to a dish to give a bit of meaty flavor. But I go to Burger Kind for my free whopper once a week, just to make sure my diet is varied.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:47 PM

491 posts, read 840,129 times
Eating meat is barbaric. Vegetarians/Vegans are more highly evolved.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I will eat anything except the juvenile forms of cold cereal and ready-to-eat freezer-to-zapper monstrosities. But since I cook for myself, I'm pretty careful about what I eat. Basicly, I use meat as a condiment, with no more than one or two ounces per day, added to a dish to give a bit of meaty flavor. But I go to Burger Kind for my free whopper once a week, just to make sure my diet is varied.
Try the spicy chicken wrap next time, big guy It's very kind to the tongue

Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Eating meat is barbaric. Vegetarians/Vegans are more highly evolved.
Here's to my barbaric barbarianitis

<bites a roasted ostrich thigh >

Old 06-26-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Here's to my barbaric barbarianitis

<bites a roasted ostrich thigh >
For shame. What did that ostrich ever do to you to deserve its fate?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:00 PM

458 posts, read 1,137,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

I am an omnivore, I like a bit of everything. My oldest did go through a phase of wanting to be a vegetarian and I accommodated that, I think everyone should be allow to try new things. It lasted until I made my famous ribs on the BBQ

Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
I am an omnivore, I like a bit of everything. My oldest did go through a phase of wanting to be a vegetarian and I accommodated that, I think everyone should be allow to try new things. It lasted until I made my famous ribs on the BBQ
Then you were a negative influence on your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates