Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times

Advertisements

Why is it that when we pay extra money at the post office to have something (pkg) get there on time it still never arrives on time ? I mean they tell you pay this amount and it will be there in two days and then it ends up being four days . Why would the post office tell me two days and it still end up being four days ? Are they that hard up for money that they blantantly lie to your face just to get extra dollars ? No wonder so many ppl have stopped using the post office . Has anyone else expierienced this as well ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,145 times
If I use express mail, they tell me exactly what day/time it will get there. If I use priority, they say between 2-3 or 3-4 days. My regular mail is 3 days, so I don't pay for priority mail.

I have been waiting for a letter at work that was mailed on 6-16, still no where in sight! So I guess priority mail would have worked in this instance.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:14 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,785,532 times
Interesting question but not necessarily a "Great Debate" LOL.

I don't think they intentionally send mail slower than promised...

Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Why is it that when we pay extra money at the post office to have something (pkg) get there on time it still never arrives on time ?
I've got the same question for Fedex. I've been waiting a week for a package that was suppose to be shipped last thursday.

No I don't have the tracking number, and no I didn't call to get it.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:57 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Why is it that when we pay extra money at the post office to have something (pkg) get there on time it still never arrives on time ? I mean they tell you pay this amount and it will be there in two days and then it ends up being four days . Why would the post office tell me two days and it still end up being four days ? Are they that hard up for money that they blantantly lie to your face just to get extra dollars ? No wonder so many ppl have stopped using the post office . Has anyone else expierienced this as well ?
What post office service are you talking about? If it's Express Mail, your package is guaranteed to arrive by a certain time and date, and if it doesn't you get a full refund.

But... Priority Mail is not a guaranteed service, but if the package is around a pound in weight, the price isn't that much different from their other regular services (First Class and Parcel Post). However, with Priority Mail, the post office offers several different FREE packaging options of boxes, Tyvek envelopes and flat rate boxes. Plus free Priority Mail address labels and even free Priority Mail packing tape. I've gotten a lot of eBay purchases where the sellers sent the items in a Priority Mail outer box, but inside, they packed up each item in an individual Priority Mail tyvek envelope instead of a plastic bag.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Basically becaue its still run like a government agency.If it were not then they wouldn't be delivering letters so cheap as no other company wants to take that mail. I have also noticed that its very politcal as some of the dumbest people run the local post office . i noticed that when two window clearks were sick the local post office head couoldn;t do their joib ;so he coukld help the one clerk.Ithere are some really good mail people but if youy ever get to know one well;ask about some of the nuts cases and hardcore unemployable they also hire.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Articles shipped by the ground service of couriers like FedEx and UPS come to a complete stop on weekend. Wherever the article is at 5 PM Friday, that is exactly where it will be at 8 AM Monday. When they say 3 business days, they mean it.

lI have checked the tracking of artlcles shipped, supposedly by FedEx. It turns out that Fed Ex picks up the article from the shipper, and then takes it to the post office and mails it. When it arrives at the destination, Fed Ex goes to the post office and gets it and brings it to your house.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
The USPS service is horrible. They have lost several things I have mailed, last time they lost something I insured. When you get to the post office you stand in line forever and they are generally pretty rude and uninterested in helping you.I hate the going to the post office.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:53 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I've got the same question for Fedex. I've been waiting a week for a package that was suppose to be shipped last thursday.

No I don't have the tracking number, and no I didn't call to get it.
Thats stupid. Why do you mail something from Fedex without a tracking number? Must nor have been that important to you.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I put a letter in the box and it comes out the other end in about 3 days. Good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates