Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:40 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
All you have to do is read threads on this forum to see that there is an enormous amount of racial hatred coming from "non-whites". If you can't see it, it's because you don't want to.
I see. This is a way for you not to be accountable for what you said. These are the questions that I asked you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey123 View Post
It is interesting that you say this. How do you know that it's coming mostly from Black people and biracial people? Does everyone identify their racial identity when they make a comment. Have you been tallying the results? Are you drawing this conclusion by how people respond to another person's post? Or, are you using some other methodology? Moreover, what would constitute a racial animosity and expressions of hate by a person who is not Black or biracial?
Given your statement, shouldn't you be able to answer them without any hesitation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 06:47 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
President Obama has asked us to start talking more about race. Eric Holder told us that we were cowards for not discussing race. The problem is that there are only certain things that are acceptable topics of conversation regarding race. I'd love to discuss race more but I would likely get fired from my job. Witness what happened to Dr. James Watson. The fact of the matter is that the average IQ of the inhabitants of Africa south of the Sahara is about 70. James Watson is an extremely intelligent man and James Watson was correct but James Watson got slammed.

There are many problems in a certain segment of the Black community. The only acceptable reasons for this that can be discussed are slavery, Jim Crow and racism. These things may be contributing factors but they are only contributing factors. There are just way too many Black folks doing well for me to buy into that fact that racism is the only, or even the major, reason for the problems in this segment of the Black community.

If I'm right and there are other factors contrubuting to the problems many Blacks are having and these factors continue to be ignored then the problems will never get better. I spend a lot of time on City Data trying to put these contributing factors on the table so that they can be discussed. That doesn't make me a racist and I don't pre-judge and I don't discriminate.

I cannot put these things on the table as topics for conversation in any other forum. It is just not allowed. That's a real shame because it dooms a whole segment of the Black community to failure. If you are not willing to admit that there is a problem then the problem will never get resolved.

- Reel
I can't imagine where this "IQ under 70" thing is coming from. Only 5% of people have an IQ of 70 or lower - and it's considered mild mental retardation.

That also doesn't explain why so many blacks are so successful, and have jobs that require a high degree of intelligence.

The single biggest problem facing people of all races today is EXCUSES.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:51 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
I see. This is a way for you not to be accountable for what you said. These are the questions that I asked you.

Given your statement, shouldn't you be able to answer them without any hesitation?
Excuse me? Not accountable for what I said?

Hmmmm, let's see... I'll present to you a post made by - unless I'm mistaken - a black person. See if you can detect ANYTHING wrong with it.

Quote:
See, thats all well for a white boy to say Sh*t like that. I mean, What do you really stand for? really?

You say you want everyone to conveniently burry the past and move on from history?

Is that simply the best that YOU can do?

In the mean time whilst its convenient for You that every non white moves on, what about the various minions white supremacy groups worldwide?? hmm? What are YOU gonna do about them? before you start jumping over the fence Boy, hows about cleaning the sh*t on your side of the fence??

Cuz before that time comes about, nothings gonna change!!

While your at it, tell them to not look at minorities head to toe thinking they are of a superior race. It just breeds more ignorance and hate towards the people on the other side of the fence. Comprende??

Yeah, that's pretty good stuff, ehhhh? If a white person had said that, you'd be off calling the NAACP right now.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:40 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think that the anonymity of the Internet makes it the only place people can express opinions with immunity from the PC police. A police state is not a comfortable place to live, and this is an escape from it. What other forum is there?
excellent point. good or bad, people are expressing their honest opinions virtually on every discussion board.

Quote:
I'm too am rather surprised by the amount of racial animosity and hatred - but mostly because most of it is coming from blacks & mixed race folks.
i think there's equal amounts on both sides for the reasons mentioned above

Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
I am aware that racism is still quite pervasive in the U.S. Yet, there just seems to be this burgeoning racial tension, as well as this burgeoning expression of racism among some people. Of course, it is not manifested in its typical form. That is, it is not overtly manifested. Rather, its manifestation seems to have erupted on the internet. City Data is one example of this.

There are many contentious threads on “race†issues, and other threads that are only peripherally race-related, yet turn into contentious race issues. I am not surprised by the level of discussion in these threads. And, I believe that these threads serve as a “safe†way for some people to express their racist viewpoints. Whether people are upset that Obama is president, that Sotomayor will go through a nomination, that Michael Jackson has gotten too much press coverage, that the Williams sisters dominate tennis, that CNN will have a Race in America PT 2, ad infinitum – it just seems that the internet now serves as the predominate (and safe) way for some to express this racial frustration.

What do others think about this?
It did not just erupt on the internet. It has been on the internet. But.......and there always is one.

I have been a member a short time here compared to many others. In the time that I have been here, there have been a gazillion threads race related. 99% of those threads are created and they are inane and specifically there to incite. They don't care they just want to push a button and count the responses and then say they win with the number of responses. Othertimes, it is almost side stepping the issue at hand. The issue has nothing to do with MJ.

Yes, there is a great anonymity that allows people to express themselves in racist ways. That is providing that they believe themselves to be racist. The reality is that a good many do not see themselves in that manner. The rest are trolling.

Too, there is a population of disenfranchised whites. So, when someone says to them, you have a white privilege, they are going to be like..........I just got out from under a house, it was 120 degrees, and I was working on pipes. I'm so running crap. How am I guilty?

At least I think that is what's happening. At any rate its defensive. So maybe its like being constantly on trial.

Anyhow, there are far more intelligent posts being made recently which indicates that this is a platform to ..........deal with it. Specifically, GD. Even if it means that we have to deal with the 10 threads that side-step it just to get there.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post

...that the average IQ of the inhabitants of Africa south of the Sahara is about 70...
It's amazing that it was possible to distribute, administer, and evaluate IQ tests to such a geographically wide ranging and culturally diverse population, when it's not even possible to get food and medical treatment to them.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:58 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
It's amazing that it was possible to distribute, administer, and evaluate IQ tests to such a geographically wide ranging and culturally diverse population, when it's not even possible to get food and medical treatment to them.

Spoiler alert: They don't test every single one of them. They use modern, scientifically accepted sampling methods.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:02 PM

806 posts, read 2,960,222 times
Do you think that their brain development is limited due to poverty and not their race? I wonder if IQ has increased over time in the developed world?

Old 07-11-2009, 12:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i think this is another racial post.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:08 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
intelligence is all about environment,

the whites in eastern europe littered in poverty are as dumb as the blacks in sub sahara africa littered with poverty.

again i go back to my other comment, about all the black kids in my graduating class(middle-slightly upper class) going to college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates