Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Wow. Just wow.

I think we are on different wavelengths, and I mean that in the most ambiguously pejorative way possible.

This thread seems ripe with anti-intellectuals, so I bid you all adieu.
WHY!!!! WHY!!!!!!! couldn't I have shown up to the party before he left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:21 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WHY!!!! WHY!!!!!!! couldn't I have shown up to the party before he left

Theres plenty more where he come from.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
As rude as it may be, not walk up to the car to answer them. An older man or woman? I would let my guard down some. A guy in a metallic lime green Caprice Classic rollin' on 24's? No way.

-Robert
So you are saying that Irish Catholic nuns may not just be trying to stop you to ask for directions while driving their "Donk" around to charge the battery and drinking a 40 to get primed for mass?? What have you got against nuns buddy?

Old 07-23-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Theres plenty more where he come from.
I know...they are my reason for getting up every morning

Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Explosives would be an even BIGGER deterrent. Instead of MAYBE getting shot, it is a 'You shoot me and you automatically die' deal.

Ahh yes, so we should just ignore 'exceptionally uncommon' scenarios altogether then, correct? What would be the purpose of carrying guns be then? Would it not be to defend yourself in 'exceptionally uncommon' scenarios?

Having your life threatened by another human being with a weapon is an 'exceptionally uncommon' event. Maybe not as uncommon in America (there are reasons for this) as other developed countries, but 'exceptionally uncommon' nonetheless.
I think you need to look up the definition of the word "exceptional."

Regardless, you're basing your arguments on pure fantasy, which is not only ludicrous, but quite funny, too! Keep it up - entertainment in Vegas isn't cheap, so I'll take all the free laughs I can get!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Ban the handgun and give them all shotguns, the do a better job!!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Find ONE report of an instance where multiple attackers with guns killed ONE person? Gee, this might be hard....
Let me refresh your memory, which has obviously slipped a little:
Quote:
That is fantastic about your son. However, he has no chance in hell if he is confronted by multiple shooters with just as much training as he has.
You specifically stated that NVplumber's son, who is a competition shooter, would stand "no chance in hell" if confronted by "multiple shooters with just as much training as he has. If you find that happening anywhere in real life, you'll earn yourself $25.

You won't, because you can't. It doesn't happen. More reliance on fantasy scenarios from the gun grabbers...

I have to say - you're reminding me more and more of TrickyD with each post...

Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Wow. Just wow.

I think we are on different wavelengths, and I mean that in the most ambiguously pejorative way possible.

This thread seems ripe with anti-intellectuals, so I bid you all adieu.
Translation:

Quote:
Why don't these people just give up? It shouldn't matter that my argument holds water about as well as a rusty old colander - I don't like guns and they're supposed to agree with me!

I guess that since they aren't willing to be converted to my way of thinking based on my faulty logic and completely outrageous pie-in-the-sky hypothetical scenarios, I'll just take my ball and go home. Bye!

Old 07-23-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Ban the handgun and give them all shotguns, the do a better job!!
That depends on a lot of factors and is nowhere near 100% true.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Let me refresh your memory, which has obviously slipped a little:

You specifically stated that NVplumber's son, who is a competition shooter, would stand "no chance in hell" if confronted by "multiple shooters with just as much training as he has. If you find that happening anywhere in real life, you'll earn yourself $25.

You won't, because you can't. It doesn't happen. More reliance on fantasy scenarios from the gun grabbers...

I have to say - you're reminding me more and more of TrickyD with each post...
Since he is gone(no doubt to tend to his college English class) response to his assertions is rather moot, however, I feel compelled. The thought of multiple criminal attackers, with high levels of firearms training is rather ....unlikely. Criminals rely on the mere possesion of a firearm to swing the odds in their favor. Unfortunately, so do the police, in far to many cases. Practice an training are not exactly on the top of the criminal 'to do' list. Spray and pray is the best known method to both criminal and LE operators these days. Most citizens , who defend themselves with a firearm, get the job done with a minimum of ammo expenditure, and attacks by groups of 'highly trained' criminal types? oooook. Flights of fancy. We live in the real world, not Hollyworld. Practice and mindset, there are more good, decent, honest folks out there with these two qualities than the gun haters want to admit, and they make the bad guys lives miserable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates