U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:27 PM

2,256 posts, read 5,904,058 times

Advertisements

The liberal media never advertises a story when a homeowner is saved because of his personal gun. It happens way more than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 04:32 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Honestly, what does hunting have to do with the right to keep and bear arms? Arms are to protect ourselves from those that would do us or our families or our society harm.

Luke 22:36

Old 07-14-2009, 04:35 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,050,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
The liberal media never advertises a story when a homeowner is saved because of his personal gun. It happens way more than you think.

I love the "Armed Citizen" column in the NRA magazines. Those stories are taken out of local newspapers.

NRA-ILA :: (http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/default.aspx - broken link)

Last month or the month before I actually saw one from the very liberal Arizona Daily Star, or the Red Star as I like to call it. I was shocked they ever printed such a thing - must have been on the back page in size 4 print, originally.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:41 PM

2,256 posts, read 5,904,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I love the "Armed Citizen" column in the NRA magazines. Those stories are taken out of local newspapers.

NRA-ILA :: (http://www.nraila.org/ArmedCitizen/default.aspx - broken link)

Last month or the month before I actually saw one from the very liberal Arizona Daily Star, or the Red Star as I like to call it. I was shocked they ever printed such a thing - must have been on the back page in size 4 print, originally.
I'm sorry I actually read the same magazine and love those articles! I meant you'll never hear it in mainstream media here in the northeast because so few of us have guns.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I'm sorry I actually read the same magazine and love those articles! I meant you'll never hear it in mainstream media here in the northeast because so few of us have guns.
I understood what you meant - was just pointing those out in case anyone has missed them.

I've been reading them as long as I can remember, when I would steal my dads copies of his NRA magazine.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:54 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
It a weapon of delf defense which is why all police officers carry them.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 PM

468 posts, read 711,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
I would like to commend the municipal governments of DC, Chicago and San Francisco for outlawing handguns. I find these types of firearms completely unnecessary. Hunters do not hunt with handguns. One can always keep a rifle or shotgun as protection if you fear for your safety...eventhough it is much more likely that the gun will be taken from you and used against you! Don't think that a home invasion robber will give you time to load up your gun! Let alone the fact that child will suffer from accidents from these firearms because of their parents irresponsiblity (this will always happen). Additionally, I do not see the desire to even have fun with these types of weapons. BANG! The glass bottle breaks! WHO-HO! So much fun at the expense of our society!

The gun lobby makes the claim that most guns used by criminals are bought illegally. However, trace the history of that gun to its very beginning...I doubt street thugs are manufacturing their own guns...some may be smuggled in but these I am sure would be harder to get.

Let's not get into the second admendment...That is for another forum.

I know this will not reduce the homicide rate too much, but even if it is a little, I feel that it is worth it. Why should people have to suffer just so some yahoos can shut up empty beer bottles?
Your LIB trolll nothing more. You fear that of what a true American hold Close.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,057,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Why is it that people feel cops are special somehow, when it comes to having a handgun?
Well it had to happen eventually.

I've shot alongside cops on a number of occasions and very few have shot better than me and all of those that did were either SWAT, FBI or former military.

I've known of cops whose weapons would never have fired had it not been for an annual inspection of their weapons. I've known cops who couldn't even name the type or brand of ammo that they carried.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well it had to happen eventually.

I've shot alongside cops on a number of occasions and very few have shot better than me and all of those that did were either SWAT, FBI or former military.

I've known of cops whose weapons would never have fired had it not been for an annual inspection of their weapons. I've known cops who couldn't even name the type or brand of ammo that they carried.
I've met a few officers like that. To me, that is a lot more frightening that "Joe Blow" with a 1911. Joe Blow probably has some sort of idea what he is doing.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,110 posts, read 7,353,623 times
Not nearly the violent crime out in the heavily armed rural areas....
But the OP and his sheepole are being led to the slaughter daily in our cities...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates