Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 11:48 PM

5 posts, read 3,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Interesting dilemma -

The bill is stirring fierce opposition from critics who say it would lead to a breakdown in privacy in restrooms, locker rooms and other single-gender facilities.

Kris Mineau, said the bill would open up all gyms, showers, restrooms and shelters to anyone of any gender because there's no clear way to determine if an individual is transgender.

Massachusetts Transgender Rights Bill Fuels Bathroom Debate - Political News - FOXNews.com
I dont see the big deal,if someone is born like that let em use the gender bathroom they feel most comfortable.I mean jesus its just a bathroom we all poop the same lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 06:36 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,464,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyfrommarsonearth View Post
I dont see the big deal,if someone is born like that let em use the gender bathroom they feel most comfortable.I mean jesus its just a bathroom we all poop the same lol
The keyword is "IF". There is no conclusive evidence that people are born as the wrong gender. Personally, I think it IS a big deal. There needs to be a certain amount of privacy between genders. Bathroom time is not a time to intermix genders. Who ever thought that's a great thing has to be smoking some toxic stuff.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:30 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,547,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
a while back, I was working at a retail store in a mall and I went to one of the main bathrooms. there was some big commotion going on there and mall security had to be called. apparently, a transgendered man (who looked pretty much like a woman and was hearing a skirt) had gone to the women's restroom and some lady w/ kids "noticed" (I have no clue how she noticed this unless she was peering into the stall and noticed him/her peeing standing up!) him/her standing and realized she was a he and freaked out. apparently, she was concerned about her kids being exposed to the sight of a man part of something, who knows.

I don't remember how that ended, since I moved on to the next restroom, but a situation like that does bring up an interesting point. a guy dressed up as a woman who truly feels he is a woman isn't likely going to feel comfortable using the men's room, even if he/she has the equipment required. I don't think many guys would care if a transgendered woman came into the men's room (though that a big assumption on my part), but I do believe many women would be more freaked out if a guy came into the women's room. I guess a lot of transgendered folks are stuck using private family restrooms until this whole thing can be figured out

oh, and the thing in the article about the bill making it easier for sexual predators to prey on women is a bit silly. sexual predators have no problems going into a men's room and assaulting a young boy yet I still see mothers letting their young sons go in alone. and really, there's not much stopping a predator from going into a women's restroom now. and there are plenty of times when a public restroom is busy enough to deter incidents like assaults. if parents are so concerned, they can try to track down a family restroom (or petition for the installation of them if a public place doesn't have one)
This is why family restrooms are needed. They fix all the problems. They create a safe place for transgenders to go, and a safe place for boys who are with their mom's or girls with their dads to go and be safe. They are also great for the disabled, and women with babies ( if you add a changing table ) .

I personally do not feel safe sharing a ladies room, fitting room, or changing room with men, if I knew the person well and knew they were truly transgender I would feel safe but I cannot tell the difference between a true transgender man in a dress and a pedophile, sexual predator, or peeping tom in a dress. And I feel I should not have to.There have been problems with this issue already. I know many of you say there is no proof that allowing transgenders to use the ladies room will invite predators to abuse the laws, but the main point is that many people think it will and it makes them uncomfortable. It is insensitive and selfish to force women to feel unsafe and uncomfortable so that transgenders will not, when there is another option a family restroom that will make everyone feel comfortable. A unisex family single stall restroom or changing room is the only safe and courteous option...

Here are some of the problems this issue has already caused:

In November 2015 at the Potomac Mills Mall in Virginia a man named Richard Rodriguez puts on a dress and goes into a ladies restroom with a bag that has a camera and attempts to film women in the bathrooms stalls.

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say | NBC4 Washington

Man arrested for spying on women at Potomac Mills Mall

At the University of Canada in an attempt to be inclusive to transgenders they made the bathrooms unisex but had to reverse the policy when young men were caught filming women while taking a shower.

University of Toronto learns why mandatory unisex bathrooms are a bad idea « Hot Air

University Of Toronto Gender-Neutral Bathrooms Reduced After Voyeurism Reports

In Seattle Washington at a local pool called Evan's Pool,a man in male clothing walked into a ladies changing room and began undressing claiming the rules had changed and he now had the right to be there. He did not identify as transgender.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2535150

Man undressing in women's locker room fuels drive to upend Washington transgender rule - Washington Times

A man in a homeless shelter in Canada named Christopher Hambrook pretended to be transgender in order to gain access to the women's shelters and assault women. He was arrested and jailed as a sexual predator.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/se...der-to-assault

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/26...erous-offender

Last edited by vanguardisle; 05-04-2016 at 07:49 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 07:30 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,099,542 times
There are plenty of Republican congressmen who have engaged in lude behavior in public restrooms. Maybe we should regulate where they can relieve themselves, you know for the children's sake

Old 05-05-2016, 02:30 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,947,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I live in North Carolina (in the capital city) and this is a HOT MESS. People are at each other's throats over this issue. Families and friends attacking others' families and friends on social media with long winded rants. It's almost gotten comical. My favorite scenario that somebody pointed out: An overweight, burly kinda guy at a football game is tired of standing in line for the men's room and instead walks over to the ladies while saying " I identify as a woman"
First of all I call liar, lair pants on fire... there is never a line at men's bathrooms,

it's always the ladies room that is full. We get less toilets and things take longer.

Secondly, the ignorance of many posters on this thread is epic. They need to go get educated before speaking. and one of the recent posts listing all the impostors causing sex offenses - NOT ONE is transgendered.

It's like saying someone wearing shoe polish to hide their identity while robbing a store is a black ghetto thug. We don't fall for that, why do people fall for a man dressing like a woman to sexually abuse someone. There is a BIG difference between a sex predator and a woman who was born with a birth defect not visible to anyone else.

All this trans abuse is going to get someone killed. Is that what it will take for people to not worry about what's under someone else's hood who isn't bothering anyone?

Old 05-05-2016, 07:54 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,464,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
First of all I call liar, lair pants on fire... there is never a line at men's bathrooms,

it's always the ladies room that is full. We get less toilets and things take longer.

Secondly, the ignorance of many posters on this thread is epic. They need to go get educated before speaking. and one of the recent posts listing all the impostors causing sex offenses - NOT ONE is transgendered.

It's like saying someone wearing shoe polish to hide their identity while robbing a store is a black ghetto thug. We don't fall for that, why do people fall for a man dressing like a woman to sexually abuse someone. There is a BIG difference between a sex predator and a woman who was born with a birth defect not visible to anyone else.

All this trans abuse is going to get someone killed. Is that what it will take for people to not worry about what's under someone else's hood who isn't bothering anyone?
You do realize the term transgendered, is an umbrella term? It isn't simply just describing transsexuals. The very definition is anyone who identifies as a gender opposite from their biological sex. That can include the man wearing the dress who hasn't gone through, or doesn't plan to go through, any hormonal treatments or surgeries. It can also include asexual people as well.

Also, it is not a birth defect if a person's chromosomal makeup is XY and produces testicles and a penis, as well as other male features. That is what is supposed to happen when someone's chromosomes are XY. As well as someone having XX chromosomes will have female features, breasts when they hit puberty, and of course having a vagina. To say it's a birth defect is just completely false.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:55 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,573 times
I think what all of this is leading to is eventually having public restrooms that are very small no stalls one person at a time only. People have been attacked or abused in restrooms long before this issue came up.

I have had to bring my adult disabled son in to the ladies room sometimes. Who ever invented the family restroom is my hero. When I have had to do this I enter the room telling everyone in an apologetic way because I really don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I try to be considerate. Shouldn't everyone?

For girls, having men just walk in can be scary. Why don't people understand that?

Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,547,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I think what all of this is leading to is eventually having public restrooms that are very small no stalls one person at a time only. People have been attacked or abused in restrooms long before this issue came up.

I have had to bring my adult disabled son in to the ladies room sometimes. Who ever invented the family restroom is my hero. When I have had to do this I enter the room telling everyone in an apologetic way because I really don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I try to be considerate. Shouldn't everyone?

For girls, having men just walk in can be scary. Why don't people understand that?

Yes why don't they understand that ? ? They keep insisting it is transgender bashing. And the press too is pushing this hard. I never thought it would come to this. It is not transgender men who feel like women, I do not trust it is all men in general I do not trust. That is the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates