U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:11 PM

1,244 posts, read 2,448,949 times

Advertisements

As someone who is pro-life, I find it very disturbing that some people are using the issue that taxpayers money will be funding abortions as an attempt to slam down the idea. Gee ya know what? I'm against the death penalty, and they execute people in prisons so should I demand that none of my taxes go to the incarceration and reforming of inmates? NO! How does everyone else see this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM

8,998 posts, read 12,761,482 times
You have a good point by mentioning the execution of prisoners.
I have no problem with abortions being funded with taxpayer money if the pregnancy was caused by rape, incest, or something along those lines (the woman had no choice basically...).

Of course states can do away with the death penalty but they can't make abortion illegal. [Of course some states make it very hard to obtain an abortion and make abortion providers jump through all sorts of hoops. I remember seeing something on PBS where in MS they legislate how wide the hallways can be and crap like that just to give the abortion provider grief.]

Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 AM

24,714 posts, read 26,785,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
As someone who is pro-life, I find it very disturbing that some people are using the issue that taxpayers money will be funding abortions as an attempt to slam down the idea. Gee ya know what? I'm against the death penalty, and they execute people in prisons so should I demand that none of my taxes go to the incarceration and reforming of inmates? NO! How does everyone else see this issue?
I consider myself pro-choice (sort of). But I don't like the idea of my tax dollars funding abortions.

What I really wish for is that we all work a lot harder to prevent unplanned pregnancies in the first place. To me, 1.2 million abortions every year is a horror, especially when reliable birth control is available.

Of course, in America, we always seem to enjoy fighting about problems rather than trying to prevent the problem/crisis in the first place. We do that with so many things, abortion included.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:33 AM

1,310 posts, read 2,640,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
U.S. citizens who dont wish to pretend that abortion is alright (which is mainly from sexual hedonism gone further wrong representing 95% of ALL abortions performed), should withhold a certain amount of money from their year end tax filing... but include a little note explaining why youre not sending in the full amount of money owed the IRS. In the note, you should also encourage our Government to have some spine to step in and make our out of control immoral Media , a good example, instead of being a big part of the problem.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:40 AM

' But I don't like the idea of my tax dollars funding abortions. '

Planned Parenthood (the Nations largest abortion provider) of Wisconsin has gotton roughly $232,000,000 /yr. to help assist the ever growing problem of Americas favorite pastime ; that being... Sexual Hedonism , because One is 'entitled' to do that and its Ones 'constitutional right' .

Old 07-19-2009, 08:44 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
I think unwanted babies do nothing to improve the overall quality of life and well-being in our society, and America (and the world) is a better place if families have the children they want and don't have the children they don't want. The purpose of public funding it to promote the general welfare of a more perfect union. If using a tiny fraction of our public funds helps us to further this goal, then it's OK with me.

RVlover, do you consider it "sexual hedonism" if a married couple discovers they are expecting an unplanned child? Most of Planned Parenthood's clients are married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
'

Planned Parenthood (the Nations largest abortion provider) of Wisconsin has gotton roughly $232,000,000 /yr. to help assist the ever growing problem of Americas favorite pastime ; that being... Sexual Hedonism , because One is 'entitled' to do that and its Ones 'constitutional right' .

"[Wisconsin governor Jim] Doyle presented the budget to the legislature in February and, this week, the Joint Finance Committee approved it and sent it to the full legislature to consider.

The budget proposes $5.4 million for Wisconsin Planned Parenthood. Although the money is technically slated to be used for family planning, it frees up funds that Planned Parenthood can use to promote and perform abortions."

http://www.lifenews.com/state4182.html

Planned Parenthood will not use ANY of that money to perform abortions.

Last edited by jtur88; 07-19-2009 at 09:03 AM..

Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 AM

P.S. I stand corrected ; the amount is over $180,000,000 per year , for Planned Parenthood nationally....which Taxpayers support . Missionaries to the Preborn - Planned Parenthood's Crime Against Humanity

Old 07-19-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

RVlover, do you consider it "sexual hedonism" if a married couple discovers they are expecting an unplanned child?
1. Good morning.
2. A married couple expecting an unplanned child is not sexual hedonism ; a good many of us entered the world in this fashion, yet were loved and cared for regardless. If a married couple in this situation wishes, they can adopt out their child when born instead of trashing it in an Abortionists Sink , along with longlasting emotional harm the post abortive Woman faces from knowing, inherently, that she ended the developing life of her unborn BABY.
3. 95% of ALL abortions performed, are the direct result of Sexual Immorality..that is...sex outside of Marriage. The Sexual Hedonist needs the Murder Mills and the Murder Mills need the Sexual Hedonists philosophy of entitlement .
4. Were your Parents pro-life ? Did they ever think of slaughtering an unborn Sibling of yours ?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 AM

304 posts, read 781,992 times
I hate abortions. I have no problem with my tax dollars sponsoring birth control education and equipping an impoversed woman with birth control. Abstinence is a term thrown around, but reality is sex is pleasurable and we should be educated on birth control and disease.

I don't want to support abortion with my taxes.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:07 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
3. 95% of ALL abortions performed, are the direct result of Sexual Immorality..that is...sex outside of Marriage.
You just can't get any facts right, can you? Married women account for 18.4% of abortions in the USA.

Abortion Statistics

One out of 6 of your "sexually immoral hedonists" are "born-again evangelicals".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates