Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 PM

100 posts, read 408,110 times

Advertisements

May I assume without asking that the majority of the people who post on this board are white? With that assumption can the majority of you honestly say that you have not once in your lives made a negative predetermined conclusion if you see a black man anywhere? If you say no I know most of you have to be lying to yourselves.

It is called white hypocrisy...most white people go through each day thinking they are not racist. However, most of these white folks who already have this notion probably haven't had any meaningful conversations with a black man. So when a potential or random encounter happens, whether a black family moves into there neighborhoods, or they see many black men around there property, they show their true colors. They do what comes natural to them in my opinion because they do not know how to act any other way. All they know and believe about black culture is what they see in the media and unfortunately the media portray black culture negatively. I see it all the time, when I encounter a white person they act real funny, like they have not been aroung a black person before.

Black people can not be racists, it is only white people. Black people do not relocate to different neighborhoods if they see a white family moving in. There is an affluent community in Lithonia, Georgia, home to many successful and wealthy black families. There was a home that was purchased by a white family, and from that interview the white family said they have had no problems and there neighbors have welcomed and accepted them. In Morehouse College, a HBCU, recently they had a white valedictorian, according to him he was mostly accepted by his peers. If a black family moves to white neighborhood, white family will worry about the value of there home declining. If a black person goes to a school that is predominantly white, most white people will be thinking he is only there to play sports. White people throughout history have not accepted or showed any signs of accepting people who look different from them based on the color of there skin.

This is why you see incidents like what occurred at the Valley Swim Club, and white flight. Even with a black president, I guess some things wont change. It is interesting though how tight a white woman would hold onto her purse or her belongings if a black man passes her by on the street, or how quickly a white person would follow a black man around the store, or automatically contact security to watch his every move. I guess it is what it is, and if you look at history it comes as no surprise.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Let's start by spelling "Caucasians" correctly.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Oh um and yeah...you know what they say about "a$$-u-ming"...

What, is stormfront.com too slow today?

Last edited by bellalunatic; 07-30-2009 at 10:06 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I personallylike most sociologist believe that most races are prejudice because they have a cuolture that they think is best and porefer. Much different from being a racist. That includes all races.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
May I assume without asking that the majority of the people who post on this board are white? With that assumption can the majority of you honestly say that you have not once in your lives made a negative predetermined conclusion if you see a black man anywhere? If you say no I know most of you have to be lying to yourselves.

It is called white hypocrisy...most white people go through each day thinking they are not racist. However, most of these white folks who already have this notion probably haven't had any meaningful conversations with a black man. So when a potential or random encounter happens, whether a black family moves into there neighborhoods, or they see many black men around there property, they show their true colors. They do what comes natural to them in my opinion because they do not know how to act any other way. All they know and believe about black culture is what they see in the media and unfortunately the media portray black culture negatively. I see it all the time, when I encounter a white person they act real funny, like they have not been aroung a black person before.

Black people can not be racists, it is only white people. Black people do not relocate to different neighborhoods if they see a white family moving in. There is an affluent community in Lithonia, Georgia, home to many successful and wealthy black families. There was a home that was purchased by a white family, and from that interview the white family said they have had no problems and there neighbors have welcomed and accepted them. In Morehouse College, a HBCU, recently they had a white valedictorian, according to him he was mostly accepted by his peers. If a black family moves to white neighborhood, white family will worry about the value of there home declining. If a black person goes to a school that is predominantly white, most white people will be thinking he is only there to play sports. White people throughout history have not accepted or showed any signs of accepting people who look different from them based on the color of there skin.

This is why you see incidents like what occurred at the Valley Swim Club, and white flight. Even with a black president, I guess some things wont change. It is interesting though how tight a white woman would hold onto her purse or her belongings if a black man passes her by on the street, or how quickly a white person would follow a black man around the store, or automatically contact security to watch his every move. I guess it is what it is, and if you look at history it comes as no surprise
I bolded the parts that are stupid.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
Quote:
Are most caucasions naturally racists, do you think it is human nature?
Wow! That's the most racist post I've seen today on C-D.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Side note here:

People who are counted as 'Caucasian' run the gamut from medium brown skin tone to porcelain white.

Flip side: some Asians also have milky white skin yet are not counted as 'Caucasian'.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:06 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I bolded the parts that are stupid.
excellent!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:20 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Wow! That's the most racist post I've seen today on C-D.
LMAO, and by a person who cannot, by rote, be a racist. But hey , I'm a white guy so....I can't possibly 'get it'

Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 PM

814 posts, read 2,307,213 times
Quote:
Black people can not be racists, it is only white people.
of course black people can be racist. anyone can be racist. i think what you are trying to convey is how you perceive whites to be racist.

there is a segment of whites who form race-based movements and organizations. the racial discussions among them are rooted in the stereotypical eugenics beliefs and they take it seriously and discuss it in detail. so in that sense, they are a bit extreme. maybe whites may have a certain streak or quality in conjunction with their racism but you can't just isolate racism when others can be racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates