U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-24-2009, 04:40 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
23,258 posts, read 10,139,460 times
Reputation: 7588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I believe that is her claim. And she had a son, born in 2009. I would presume that her pregnancy was the result of heterosexual sex - though I was not witness to anything...
Ann Heche has always been bisexual. She likes it both ways, um, sexy.

 
Old 08-24-2009, 06:21 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I already showed you that you're little PFOX website and organization is full of crap, yet you keep posting it.
aka, "I don't like the PFOX website!"

The fact that the organization exists - and by the way, is non-religious - points to the FACT that homosexuals who want to leave that life are overwhelmed with abuse of every kind.

And here I thought homosexuals were all about peace, love, tolerance and the "live & let live" mentality.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Still got's nuthin, so noted.
All that is necessary for anybody to see your over-the-top hatred is a simple reading of your posts.

Got nothing? Hardly. It's like you're standing in a Catholic Confessional, spilling your soul.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
3,860 posts, read 2,021,740 times
Reputation: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'm finding all of the "Anti Switching Away From Homosexuality" vitriol in this thread kind of weird. And telling.

The homosexual community seems to celebrate when a married man leaves his wife & kids, declares that he is a homosexual, and embraces that life.

But the same people are LIVID if a homosexual leaves that life, declares that he is heterosexual, and embraces that life.


Why the double standard? Why all the anger and hatred? If it's possible to move from one to the other, why is it not also possible to move from the other to the one?

And don't you all claim that you just want people to be happy with who and what they are?


I am familiar enough with "ministries" like Exodus International to know that they claim to have helped thousands of former homosexuals leave that life and become heterosexuals. So let's assume that their claims are exaggerated, and it's not thousands but hundreds. Or maybe even dozens.

What is the problem here?


And why are we so hung up on what the APA says? They are an organization that is publicly funded and under enormous pressure to be PC, so their "findings" are going to reflect the expectations of the culture around them.


Again, what is the problem here? Why is it unacceptable for homosexuals to leave that life and become heterosexuals, if they so choose?
The APA's point of view is strictly opinion - and yet many people describe surrendering to their indoctrination as becoming "educated". I can only grin and shake my head.

But I do the same thing when people indoctrinated with religious views begin their rants. I wish they would keep religion out of this and other discussions because their credibility is inversely proportional to the extent that their argument is religion based.

I don't believe anyone is born "gay" any more than I believe anyone is born to dye their hair green or put a stud through their tongue.

And folks, just so you know, I'm not going to respond to the onslaught of rants that will include all of the pre-recorded talking points long used by PC police. Talking points like "when did you choose to be straight?" . Your "side" is a rowdy mob of activists that will no more think or listen to reason or common sense than the most extreme religious zealots will. So I will not waste my time.

So my only point in posting this is simply to demonstrate that it is still possible in 2009 to resist mob rule and refuse to run with either side's stampede.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The APA's point of view is strictly opinion - and yet many people describe surrendering to their indoctrination as becoming "educated". I can only grin and shake my head.

But I do the same thing when people indoctrinated with religious views begin their rants. I wish they would keep religion out of this and other discussions because their credibility is inversely proportional to the extent that their argument is religion based.

I don't believe anyone is born "gay" any more than I believe anyone is born to dye their hair green or put a stud through their tongue.

And folks, just so you know, I'm not going to respond to the onslaught of rants that will include all of the pre-recorded talking points long used by PC police. Talking points like "when did you choose to be straight?" . Your "side" is a rowdy mob of activists that will no more think or listen to reason or common sense than the most extreme religious zealots will. So I will not waste my time.

So my only point in posting this is simply to demonstrate that it is still possible in 2009 to resist mob rule and refuse to run with either side's stampede.
Every single person in the world has his/her own religion. It is absolutely inevitable and undeniable. It's just that some are members of an "organized" religion, while others are not.

The question centers around whose personal religion is right.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 07:50 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
3,860 posts, read 2,021,740 times
Reputation: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Every single person in the world has his/her own religion.
No they don't - that is nonsense. But please let's not get into a pissing contest here about religion. Let's focus on where we agree.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
No they don't - that is nonsense. But please let's not get into a pissing contest here about religion. Let's focus on where we agree.
Actually, it is not nonsense. It is fact. Every single person has a worldview/religion/set of principles by which we guide and govern our lives. In fact, some of the most religious people are the very ones who claim they are not religious. They're actually zealots in that belief.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
3,860 posts, read 2,021,740 times
Reputation: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Actually, it is not nonsense. It is fact. Every single person has a worldview/religion/set of principles by which we guide and govern our lives. In fact, some of the most religious people are the very ones who claim they are not religious. They're actually zealots in that belief.
A set of principles is NOT a religion.

As I said, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you about religion and will not listen to religious BS any more than I will listen to the BS that flows from extremists on the left.

I should have known better and I'm outta here.
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:17 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,701,572 times
Reputation: 3652
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
A set of principles is NOT a religion.

As I said, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you about religion and will not listen to religious BS any more than I will listen to the BS that flows from extremists on the left.

I should have known better and I'm outta here.
Saying you're not going to listen is kind of a cop-out.

Any sent of principles by which you make decisions and guide your life is most certainly a religion, because that is precisely what is at the core of every religion.

Anywhoo...
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
 
Location: 30-40N 90-100W
13,856 posts, read 13,015,206 times
Reputation: 6444
I think some people are born gay, some people aspire to gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them

Seriously I think we don't know enough yet to say. My guess would be that it's an intermixing of genes and environment. Like a gene gives you a "potential" and then some environmental factor, not necessarily parents or anything like that, activates that potential. Some of the activation could happen in the womb. Or it could happen due to some chemical or stressor in early childhood or even as late as puberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top