U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2009, 02:18 AM
 
Location: 602/520
2,441 posts, read 5,941,765 times
Reputation: 1815

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
REPLY: If this were true, then there shouldnt be the many thousands who have undergone Counselling and who have exited the lifestyle for a sucessful heterosexual lifestyle including Marriage and a Family. There is no gene for homosexuality ; plus it infers God has made such people with a confused sexuality but we know God is a God of order, no confusion, infinite holiness, infinite morality. Rethinking your position, dont you feel it may be linked to an imbalanced emotional relationship with a Parent , and/or, the willful progression of finding someone of the same sex attractive leading to an out-of-bounds escalation ?
There might be thousands of gays who are no longer living a homosexual lifestyle, but that doesn't make them heterosexual. No amount of counseling, flapping bible pages in people's faces, nor guilt tripping will make them heterosexual.

If you were so into God, as you claim, you would spend more time focusing on yourself than on other people. You should try to be the best Christian YOU can be. Stop worrying about other folks.

Lastly, no, I do not believe homosexuality spawns from bad parenting or an advance by someone of the same sex. The vast majority of gay people were raised in normal, loving homes. It's ridiculous to think that people "turn" gay because of a dysfunctional childhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
REPLY: History shows that every ancient empire/society that was inundated with homosexuality, in fact came to ruin. I think we need to be as compassionate toward the Gay person as possible encouraging them that real help is available , yet not condone any lifestyle choice that brings devastation to a person and ultimately, a nation.
Newsflash: Our society will eventually come to "ruin" as well. It is ridiculous to think that homosexuals have been responsible for the bane of existence of certain empires.

I think that you need to get out of your RV, go to truck stop chapel, and ask God for forgiveness for thinking that you have the right to decide who needs to be "fixed." I by NO means support same sex marriage, but I don't go around throwing God's name into my argument. If God doesn't like the way someone has lived their life, they'll find out on judgement day. You are not one of God's ushers.

 
Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,324 posts, read 5,327,905 times
Reputation: 3826
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Homosexual relationships do nothing to further the advancement of society as a whole.
Just speaking in general terms...Do white trash relationships do anything to further the advancement of society as a whole???
 
Old 08-22-2009, 03:26 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 30,661,486 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How does two men or two women living next door to you hurt you? It doesn't, and thats the difference.
Please, having gays or lesbians living next door will probably raise property values! Its a well known fact that gays have more disposable income than straights, and they lovelovelove their houses and interiors! Give me gay neighbors any day!
 
Old 08-22-2009, 04:03 AM
 
Location: 602/520
2,441 posts, read 5,941,765 times
Reputation: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Just speaking in general terms...Do white trash relationships do anything to further the advancement of society as a whole???
Last time I checked "white trash" couples could produce children who contribute positively to society.
 
Old 08-22-2009, 04:53 AM
 
1,718 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
I remember having this debate some time ago in a social science class. Gay people argue that they do not choose to be gay, yet being gay or having an attraction to the same species is clearly not a behaviour intended by nature in a species that is suppose to reproduce using a male and a female. So if gays do not choose to be gay, and it is not the way nature intended most people to use their bodies, otherwise we would all be hermaprodites, then is gay a disease, hormonal imbalance, or something else. I lean towards Hormonal imbalance or mild disease of the mind but am want to hear other views.
Nobody decides who they are attracted to and that includes you. When you see someone you are either attracted to them or you are not. It is not a desicion. Another way of saying that is you cannot 'decide' to be attracted to someone that you are not attracted to. Go ahead and try it. Pick someone who is a real turn-off to you sexually and try to 'decide' to become sexually attracted to them.

So it is not a choice. What you seem to be asking for is a scientific explanation. I've heard a lot of theories but I don't think one exists at this time.

- Reel
 
Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,490,859 times
Reputation: 3869
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
There might be thousands of gays who are no longer living a homosexual lifestyle, but that doesn't make them heterosexual. No amount of counseling, flapping bible pages in people's faces, nor guilt tripping will make them heterosexual.
Now this makes no sense to me.

I mean, beyond the obvious anger and hatred toward Christians, it makes no sense for you to say that. Let's say that there are "thousands" of people who have left homosexuality and embraced heterosexuality...

Who are you to say that that doesn't make them heterosexual? How can you make that judgment? How do you know whether they did or did not "become" heterosexuals? Or whether they were homosexuals in the first place?
 
Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,328,799 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Ummm... There are cases of animals in nature having homosexual tendencies... So there goes your whole thread!

Not really.
Where in nature do animals insist on homosexuality being normal?

I'v raised a few litters of pups & never heard from the gay doggie community crying they cant adopt unwanted puppies.

Theres a difference between doing something that feels good & mateing.
Animals have homosexual sex frequently however actual mating pairs or long term relationships are very rare.
Its a combination of choice & sexual deviancy. Disease isn't the right word.
Maybe a chemical imballance but not a disease.
 
Old 08-22-2009, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,335,068 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What about the ability to choose? Are you saying those that are attracted to the same sex don't have that ability?
No,

and there is good scientific studies showing that some men (and women) have a biological tendency to be attracted towards young kids. Its just a fact of nature. We come in all shapes and sizes.

What you posted was that "If pedophiles are biological, should we be tolerant of them to". Thats when I said no, because pedophiles are hurting people. There is a difference between a biological difference that doesn't harm others, and ones that do.
 
Old 08-22-2009, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,335,068 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Not really.
Where in nature do animals insist on homosexuality being normal?

I'v raised a few litters of pups & never heard from the gay doggie community crying they cant adopt unwanted puppies.

Theres a difference between doing something that feels good & mateing.
Animals have homosexual sex frequently however actual mating pairs or long term relationships are very rare.
Its a combination of choice & sexual deviancy. Disease isn't the right word.
Maybe a chemical imballance but not a disease.
Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

I'll post this again for you, since apparently you didn't read it.

Its the national geographic for Christs sake.
 
Old 08-22-2009, 08:26 AM
 
Location: London, U.K.
2,871 posts, read 3,206,729 times
Reputation: 1581
The neural structures of the limbic system are different in straight, gay and bisexual people (also transgender people, but I don't want to overcomplicate the argument). The most likely cause of this being differing levels of testosterone exposure in the womb or insensitivity in the fetus to male androgens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top