Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,196,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
What you're saying is a complete and total double standard.

It's GOOD for a man to leave his wife and kids to embrace homosexuality, but it's a LIE for a man to leave a homosexual lover and embrace heterosexuality.
A black man ashamed of being black so much that he's lived his life as white, painting his skin white, telling people he's white - one day accepts his blackness, strips off the face paint and lives as a black man. GOOD.

Compare to:

A black man is told over and over he's inferior, he's threatened by the majority when he walks the streets alone, constantly told the majority is good and he is evil, even his parents and friends tell him this, so one day he decides he's convinced by them, and starts painting his face white and telling everyone he's white. BAD

Understand?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM

742 posts, read 1,222,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
A black man ashamed of being black so much that he's lived his life as white, painting his skin white, telling people he's white - one day accepts his blackness, strips off the face paint and lives as a black man. GOOD.

Compare to:

A black man is told over and over he's inferior, he's threatened by the majority when he walks the streets alone, constantly told the majority is good and he is evil, even his parents and friends tell him this, so one day he decides he's convinced by them, and starts painting his face white and telling everyone he's white. BAD

Understand?
i hate comparing race to homosexuality. its apples and oranges

Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,397,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
i hate comparing race to homosexuality. its apples and oranges
Why? They are both an inherent part of a human being, one is just, most times, more obvious than the other.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
There is no problem. I hate it when gay men get married, have kids, and then divorce the wife because he finally comes out of the closet at age 50.
Do you have a problem with a man leaving homosexuality because he comes out of the closet as a heterosexual?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post

Compare to:

Understand?
Do YOU understand that what you just wrote was completely and totally irrelevant to what I said?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,812,823 times
There is no problem with that. I hope he stays a heterosexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Do you have a problem with a man leaving homosexuality because he comes out of the closet as a heterosexual?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM

141 posts, read 292,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
buy windex?
I lol'd HARD.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:10 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,397,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick G View Post
im still trying to see how a man's sperm and another man's sperm can make a baby; when women have sex unless they are using a ***** they are really masturbating each other; and that a baby will not make

ohh and kill that gay rights noise; no one in this thread is saying that homosexuals shouldnt have the same rights as heteros; this topic is about either being born gay or its a choice all that other stuff is irrelevant to the topic;
1. YOU are the only one stating anything about sperm. Reproduction doesn't enter into this discussion, sicne there are heteroes who either choose not to, or cannot have, babies.

2. I suggest you read back. Marriage is always part of any such discussion. Gays are being denied the Civil Right to marry in all but five US States.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 33,198,289 times
I don't think preaching to the not-choir is goint to convince anyone of anything. One's religious beliefs are just that- beliefs. No more concrete than anyone else's and hardly constitute debate, never mind "great debate."
That said, I fail to see how the poster who won't compromise his/her soul is compromised by other people's actions or laws that apply fairly to all citizens.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:41 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,686,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick G View Post
I don't fight Jesus Christ battles. he fights mines. I am his child, he is my father. Jesus saved me, I didn't save him. Jesus doesn't need me to justify who he is, why he came to save me, and why he died on the cross and rose for me. My saviour is Christ. not man. I am not judging just telling the truth. You can not stand for Christ and accept wrong. I am not compremising my soul for anyone.
There are some of us here who feel as you do. We have no intention of ever being cruel to someone because of their sexual preferences, but we're not about to throw our faith and belief system out of the window by lying and saying we agree with that lifestyle either. By the way, if you're following the Bible, remember the passage which reads, "Do not throw pearls before swine". Not for one minute do I take that literally. There are very few people I would call swine, however, there is no point in arguing with someone who is obviously content in their own beliefs.

It really is pointless to argue about Christianity, God, etc. with some folks. I have seen more Christians end up looking like bullies and intolerant creeps by constantly pushing their belief system down someone's throat, than I care to remember. That isn't the way we're supposed to do things. How do you "preach" God's love while bullying someone? We are supposed to "preach by example". Be kind.....and don't waste your time and energy... "pearls before swine" ....."beating a dead horse", when there are people around you who really do want and need your love. Besides, you don't have to have someone's permission to pray for them.....quietly, and in your own home...They don't have to even know you're praying for them. Just be sure that you're praying God's will.....not yours. Be blessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates