Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,383,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Bear 72 View Post
Many people that are gay / or lesbian were sexually abused as children / or as adults. For example: a woman is sexually abused by men, and turns to women. A boy / or man is abused by a women or a man and turns to the same sex. It messes with your mind when you are abused and so you go for it. Also some boys are naturally more feminine and some girls are more butch (Tomboys). Some boys start trying on their mother's dresses when they are young, and they start to like it. Some people Experiment with same sex relationship starting at a young age, and end up that way later in life.
Well there is no doubt that social environmental influences can effect later behavioral lifestyles. This has been the case from the beginning. Unfortunately those who worship the god of scientifism blind themselves to the fact that in these later times, their own god has been the cause of so much misery in people's lives.

Interestingly, many of their own fellow adherents of Scientifism are the very ones pointing out the complete utter failures of their own god. It's certainly not coming from any religious corners that I have ever heard of. It does however expose a major flaw in the arguement among the A & As that adherents of this religious dogma are all irrefutably on the same page as regards unity of thought and belief. Apparently as more and more flaws of that type of philosophical Kool-aid thinking and mindset are exposed, it really shows us that within the religion of Scientifism, there are as many varied and differing denominations among their gang as the traditional conventional religions of this world.

Again, Homosexuality is both a traditional choice brought on by social influences and a flawed genetic disorder brought on by endocrine disruptors corrupting fetal development of any lifeform thanks to the chemical creations brought to us by holier than thou science.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,383,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
...as have most of yours. But still, you keep talking.
It's a later day genetic flaw thingy gingy!!!

What is even more incredible is that traditionally, the Eco-Green Marxists have always been on the side of anything damaging to this world's environment for decades. Two or three decades ago they would be the ones championing the cause for cleaning up these dangerous chemicals and putting bans on such. But in this one particular and specific instance, Eco-green takes a huge back seat to the (as someone put it) Homosexual Agenda. Even on the websites refered to here, they very carefully dance around this so called political hot potato , not to directly assign fault of these endocrine disruptors to the taboo behavioral subject in question here. Although the massive volumes of research done glaringly point out the cause and at fault of such. For these researchers to say/infer the wrong thing, then quite possibly all funding would effectively dry up quickly for future research and that would spell disaster for everyone concerned !!!

Last edited by bluepacific; 09-13-2009 at 03:07 AM..

Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,686,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
That's all fine and dandy. But according to the Old Testament book of Leviticus an act of homosexuality is punishable by death. Your personal belief system (I'm assuming the bible), in no way, shape, or form advocates a "live and let live" approach concerning homosexuality.

Also, you stated that you don't interpret certain passages of the bible literally. Which one's do you take literally; and what is your system of picking and choosing what to take literally or not?

This is common behavior of many, but not all Christians. That is: when something in the bible suits their purposes they quote and follow it as a divine literal truth and tenet, but when it is not practical they will say, "Oh, that isn't meant to be taken literally."

If you want people to take you seriously when you try to inject Christian religous rhetoric into a debate: Be credible and be a fanatic, don't pick and choose what only suits your specific and current agenda. If you are going to use religion and want to be credible, go all out without pulling any punches. The bible says to kill 'em so why don't you say either you agree with the bible, or just admit that there is a part in the bible that you think God got wrong? Those people that you were calling intolerant creeps, are intolerant creeps. But if you follow the bible and do what "God says" to do, that is exactly how you will be perceived: An intolerant creep.
Ah........ so you don't understand the concept of "parables"? If you actually had understood what I was saying there, perhaps you wouldn't have jumped on your bandwagon? Wow, the "pearls before swine" parable in the Bible actually tells you not to take pearls, made by oysters, and throw them before swine (pigs)? I mean, who would DO that? ... and WHY? You know, I'm not going to get into a dispute with anyone about how they interpret the bible.
If you sat 20 preachers down, all from different (Christian) religious orders, e.g. Lutheran, Episcopalian, Catholic, Pentacostal, Presbyterian, etc., and had them interpret various passages of the bible, each of them would have their own interpretation ..... their own way of communicating it to their "flocks". Each of their "flock members", because of their upbringing, life experieces, individual thought processes, etc. would also take away their own interpretation of what their preachers were saying. The translators of the "bible" were influenced in one way or another due to the same reasons.

IMHO, every human being is unique...God speaks to us in His own way. Are we listening? As far as I am concerned, (and remember, I AM entitled to my own opinion) the bible was written as a "guidebook". MY interpretation of the teachings there are this... The old testament shows a vengeful God, an angry parent who is totally ticked off because He created people and had His "notion" of how they would behave, what hopes He had for them, etc., but like most of us parents, He discovered that there were outside influences that pulled His (free thinking) kids astray from what He had planned for them. I believe that the new testament shows a God (or hey, someone interpreting the information) that had a softening of the judgement line.....less angry and vengeful for disobedience. But then.....that's just MY interpretation!

I do not spend my days buried in the bible, trying to decipher someone else's interpretations. I take the basic principles and try to apply them to my life. Those principles are "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" , "Judge not, lest ye be judged" (that's a hard one), "Forgive, lest YE not be forgiven" (another hard one), Loving one another with unconditional love, in spite of our flaws and shortcomings and imperfections, is the basic rule (IMHO). We don't have to like what everyone does, agree with everything everyone does....sometimes, it's just best to walk away. Sometimes, that's the only way to not develop hatred for someone else.... Again, this is simply MY opinion.

I realize that not everyone believes what is in the bible.....not everyone believes in the same God I believe in. I also believe that one of the biggest reasons for that has to do with religious fanaticism...the people who stand "like Pharisees?" on the street corner and scream "YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU ARE GOING TO BURN IN HELL BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELIEVE EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS I DO." I don't believe that everyone needs to be sitting in church every single Sunday....only associate with people of the same belief system, handing out 10% of their paycheck to the church each and every month, in order to be a good person.....or even to be considered a Christian. You need to be kind, tolerant, and simply be NICE and be open to the fact that there are still soooooo many things we do not understand right now...maybe we never WILL understand them. .....and like a broken record here....that's just my opinion.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 AM

284 posts, read 541,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Ah........ so you don't understand the concept of "parables"? If you actually had understood what I was saying there, perhaps you wouldn't have jumped on your bandwagon? Wow, the "pearls before swine" parable in the Bible actually tells you not to take pearls, made by oysters, and throw them before swine (pigs)? I mean, who would DO that? ... and WHY? You know, I'm not going to get into a dispute with anyone about how they interpret the bible.
If you sat 20 preachers down, all from different (Christian) religious orders, e.g. Lutheran, Episcopalian, Catholic, Pentacostal, Presbyterian, etc., and had them interpret various passages of the bible, each of them would have their own interpretation ..... their own way of communicating it to their "flocks". Each of their "flock members", because of their upbringing, life experieces, individual thought processes, etc. would also take away their own interpretation of what their preachers were saying. The translators of the "bible" were influenced in one way or another due to the same reasons.

IMHO, every human being is unique...God speaks to us in His own way. Are we listening? As far as I am concerned, (and remember, I AM entitled to my own opinion) the bible was written as a "guidebook". MY interpretation of the teachings there are this... The old testament shows a vengeful God, an angry parent who is totally ticked off because He created people and had His "notion" of how they would behave, what hopes He had for them, etc., but like most of us parents, He discovered that there were outside influences that pulled His (free thinking) kids astray from what He had planned for them. I believe that the new testament shows a God (or hey, someone interpreting the information) that had a softening of the judgement line.....less angry and vengeful for disobedience. But then.....that's just MY interpretation!

I do not spend my days buried in the bible, trying to decipher someone else's interpretations. I take the basic principles and try to apply them to my life. Those principles are "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" , "Judge not, lest ye be judged" (that's a hard one), "Forgive, lest YE not be forgiven" (another hard one), Loving one another with unconditional love, in spite of our flaws and shortcomings and imperfections, is the basic rule (IMHO). We don't have to like what everyone does, agree with everything everyone does....sometimes, it's just best to walk away. Sometimes, that's the only way to not develop hatred for someone else.... Again, this is simply MY opinion.

I realize that not everyone believes what is in the bible.....not everyone believes in the same God I believe in. I also believe that one of the biggest reasons for that has to do with religious fanaticism...the people who stand "like Pharisees?" on the street corner and scream "YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU ARE GOING TO BURN IN HELL BECAUSE YOU DON'T BELIEVE EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS I DO." I don't believe that everyone needs to be sitting in church every single Sunday....only associate with people of the same belief system, handing out 10% of their paycheck to the church each and every month, in order to be a good person.....or even to be considered a Christian. You need to be kind, tolerant, and simply be NICE and be open to the fact that there are still soooooo many things we do not understand right now...maybe we never WILL understand them. .....and like a broken record here....that's just my opinion.

I like your opinion !

Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
I like your opinion !
Thank you!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:08 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,295,801 times
Quote:

Yeah, but the that is biblical law in Leviticus, its not a parable.

If you believe that the bible is the word of God, and that there is no arguing with it, you will never accept homosexuals. In general, most people who are against homosexual marriage, get their values from the bible.

If we can agree that the bibles interpretation of homosexuality is wrong, and its approach is wrong, then where does that leave the arguement. That means that its not wrong to be homosexual, its not a bad thing to be homosexual, and we should give them the same rights that the rest of us enjoy.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:04 PM

"you will never accept homosexuals" Ah, herein lies the magic words... But you see, I DO accept homosexuals...however, I do NOT accept homosexuality. Although I do not love the sin, I DO love the sinner! ......my interpretations and my opinion.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:06 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,397,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick G View Post
#1...I think you're trying to go around the fact...that heteros have the CHOICE not to...or just can't due to MEDICAL reasons....Homos can't because they aint MEANT to reproduce......

#2 Move ya silly asses to 1 of them 5 states...get married..and take ya ass back where you came from....
Actually, gays CAN reproduce, if they can get around the same type of disgust you or I would feel having sex with the same gender. Again, this is a NON-ISSUE, and certainly doesn't negate peer reviewed clinical research.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Makes a body feel warm and fuzzy all over reading such Holy Sacred Marxist terminology.

Not exactly upbuilding or on topic, but entertaining to say the least.
How old are you? Seriously, how old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Well there is no doubt that social environmental influences can effect later behavioral lifestyles. This has been the case from the beginning. Unfortunately those who worship the god of scientifism blind themselves to the fact that in these later times, their own god has been the cause of so much misery in people's lives.

Interestingly, many of their own fellow adherents of Scientifism are the very ones pointing out the complete utter failures of their own god. It's certainly not coming from any religious corners that I have ever heard of. It does however expose a major flaw in the arguement among the A & As that adherents of this religious dogma are all irrefutably on the same page as regards unity of thought and belief. Apparently as more and more flaws of that type of philosophical Kool-aid thinking and mindset are exposed, it really shows us that within the religion of Scientifism, there are as many varied and differing denominations among their gang as the traditional conventional religions of this world.

Again, Homosexuality is both a traditional choice brought on by social influences and a flawed genetic disorder brought on by endocrine disruptors corrupting fetal development of any lifeform thanks to the chemical creations brought to us by holier than thou science.
Are you STILL going on with this garbage?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
"you will never accept homosexuals" Ah, herein lies the magic words... But you see, I DO accept homosexuals...however, I do NOT accept homosexuality. Although I do not love the sin, I DO love the sinner! ......my interpretations and my opinion.
Most people see the above statment for exactly what it is, a lame and transperent attempt to mitigate people's opinions that your religion is hateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates