U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Hermoso y tranquilo Panamá
11,825 posts, read 5,150,531 times
Reputation: 46448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
C21, I read your posts over in the real estate section and you are always well spoken and give good advice. Our youngest son is also gay which I recognized at an early age. We have always been supportive and he is also one of the most stable and nicest guys you'd ever want to know. He is who he is and god created a great person.

Certain people will never understand.
Thank you Rakin. You're right; certain people will never understand. Nice to see another supportive parent of a gay child because a lot are not. Maybe that's another reason why our boys turned out as well as they did. We accepted and loved them for who they are, not which sex they're attracted to.

 
Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
7,925 posts, read 4,776,955 times
Reputation: 19002
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I actually repped you on your first post because I, as well, believe that different people interpret the bible, Koran (whatever their religious book is) in different ways and that God (or whatever a person calls 'their' divine being) speaks to us in different ways - this post actually makes me want to 'de-rep' you though you're certainly entitled to 'your opinion'.

My son is not a sinner just because he's gay. He is kind, good to others, does charity/volunteer work, doesn't go out and get arrested, doesn't murder or abuse others, works while attending college (with a high GPA) because he wants to be self-sufficient and just an overall decent person. His sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person he is and quite honestly to call a person who does good deeds a sinner just because of their orientation is IMO revolting - might as well add that he's a sinner because he's also a minority (Latino). Gag. Though, of course, this is JMO.
C21, I am sorry that my comment hurt your feelings...... I meant no disrespect toward your son. We are, after all, ALL sinners. There isn't a single person out there who does not sin.... well, at least none that I know of. The beauty of it is that we don't HAVE to be perfect. As I have said in previous posts, I have had many friends who were homosexuals and I loved each and every one of them dearly. Even though I didn't agree with some of their choices in life, I loved them dearly. They were kind, funny, sweet, wonderful friends of mine. Again, I am sorry that I hurt your feelings and as a mother, believe me, I understand why it hurt you. Be blessed.
 
Old 09-13-2009, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Western Washington
7,925 posts, read 4,776,955 times
Reputation: 19002
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Most people see the above statment for exactly what it is, a lame and transperent attempt to mitigate people's opinions that your religion is hateful.
Wow bizarre and far reaching.....even for you. Whatever it is that caused you and Memphis to be so angry about a comment like that...wow....how very sad. You know, I walked away from organized religion 4 years ago because of some things that I just couldn't handle anymore, but never, ever have I felt such animosity toward words or feelings like that. It's like y'all are just looking for someone to spit on and lash out at here. How very sad. You must have some pretty big wounds that haven't healed.
 
Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 PM
 
4,529 posts, read 2,982,693 times
Reputation: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Wow bizarre and far reaching.....even for you. Whatever it is that caused you and Memphis to be so angry about a comment like that...wow....how very sad. You know, I walked away from organized religion 4 years ago because of some things that I just couldn't handle anymore, but never, ever have I felt such animosity toward words or feelings like that. It's like y'all are just looking for someone to spit on and lash out at here. How very sad. You must have some pretty big wounds that haven't healed.
And now we breal out the "wow your so angry" fallacy.

Sorry, doesn't work.

Spout hate, get hate back in return.

Turning the other cheek is for you lot.

BTW,s till waiting for proof your scripture is infallable
 
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 3,297,528 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I don't know why you continue with the relentless, bold-faced lies.

Professional peer review groups - THAT YOU AGREE WITH - say this. That is all. But to say that ALL professional peer groups agree is a bold-faced lie.

So why not just stop it? Why not just stop repeating the same lie? It does nothing but destroy (further) your credibility. And it adds absolutely nothing to any discussion.
Have you noticed he can't help repeating the same religio-chant of peer review ??? It's useless trying to have any type of intelligent discussion. He actually wants an arguement and that's ashame when there is so much info out there to help others who just may have a genetics disruption issue.
 
Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,358,068 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Have you noticed he can't help repeating the same religio-chant of peer review ??? It's useless trying to have any type of intelligent discussion. He actually wants an arguement and that's ashame when there is so much info out there to help others who just may have a genetics disruption issue.
Of the 650-some posts on this thread, about half of them are his. But actually, he has only had 3 posts. He just repeats them. Same lame thing about the "peer reviewed" nonsense, and the same flagrantly dishonest claim.

And the seething hatred he exposes is telling as well. He's very religious about it.
 
Old 09-14-2009, 06:30 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
3,785 posts, read 1,925,663 times
Reputation: 2559
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Doesn't change the substance of my post in the least.

Ridiculous - of course it does.

Homosexuality has been around for a long, long time.

You have no idea how long it has been around. But one thing's for sure - there is a lot more of it today as a result of your kind of effort.

It isn't a disease, one will not find it in ANY medical diagnostic codex. Nor is it a result of "chemcials" as another poster claims.

Never said or implied it is a disease or a result of chemicals

Professional peer review groups state, unequivicably, that sexuality in general is not a choice.

Who do you think you're talking to? Save it for your grandchildren - I don't know why you keep wasting your time with this kind of statement.

It isn;t a diseas, it isn;t "choice". That leaves "a natural, if uncommon, occurance inherent in the human condition".
Baloney - all behavior is a choice. And you continue to ignore the influence of this new age culture and its social engineering that you seem to be so proud to be a part of.

You have done a lot of posting in the global warming threads and your comments there have been very sensible. You seem to recognize that movement for what it is - political ideology gone wild. Do you not see that the loudest voices screaming that we are all doomed by CO2 emissions are the same, almost to a person, voices promoting anything and everything "gay"? Doesn't that tell you anything? Equally, it is political ideology gone wild - driven by the same zealots.

It would all be harmless and humorous if it were not for the fact that it is leading shy, insecure, and very vulnerable young people in a direction in which they never would have otherwise gone.
 
Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 3,297,528 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Prove your bible is accurate, infallable, and applies to the entire human race.
I've noticed you've got quite a fixation on constantly quoting from the sacred pages of Wikipedia! Funny thing is, down there in the Religion/Philosophy swamp, everytime a religious (never mattered what religion) person made a quote or even reference to Wikipedia, every Atheist-Agnostic ganged up on the individual demonizing them and calling them stupid for believing Wikipedia had any truth or credibility whatsoever. However, you constantly are found quoting it as if it were an inrefutable infallible holy book.

So what gives ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitMundi
Wow, so much Bull****. Where to begin.

BTW, the science you claim is some "religion", that you yourself have been using in an attempt to claim some relations between "chemicals" and "gayness", says you and your bible are full of fecal matter.
I still find it fascinating that when backed into a corner and nothing to legitimately respond with, you fall back into the same line of filth and vulagarities and insults so prevelant down in the swamp. As usual, the A & As seem to get a free pass on this as many have continually pointed out. They must all really be special too. On that note, I dedicate this song to them from one of their own.

YouTube - Everyone is Special From Barney in Concert 2000 Version
 
Old 09-14-2009, 06:36 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 3,297,528 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Of the 650-some posts on this thread, about half of them are his. But actually, he has only had 3 posts. He just repeats them. Same lame thing about the "peer reviewed" nonsense, and the same flagrantly dishonest claim.

And the seething hatred he exposes is telling as well. He's very religious about it.
He lose massive quantities of crediblity when he misuses the term to back up and defend something completely ludicrous. Take this for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitMundi
Still waiting on peer reviewed clinical reaserch and trials showing some ionherent danger of second hand smoke, BTW.
Wow
 
Old 09-14-2009, 06:40 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 13,358,068 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
He lose massive quantities of crediblity when he misuses the term to back up and defend something completely ludicrous. Take this for example.


Wow
Most of the nonsense scrawled on the walls of Junior High School Boys' Bathrooms is "peer reviewed."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top