Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 02:18 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,397,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
It's a later day genetic flaw thingy gingy!!!

What is even more incredible is that traditionally, the Eco-Green Marxists have always been on the side of anything damaging to this world's environment for decades. Two or three decades ago they would be the ones championing the cause for cleaning up these dangerous chemicals and putting bans on such. But in this one particular and specific instance, Eco-green takes a huge back seat to the (as someone put it) Homosexual Agenda. Even on the websites refered to here, they very carefully dance around this so called political hot potato , not to directly assign fault of these endocrine disruptors to the taboo behavioral subject in question here. Although the massive volumes of research done glaringly point out the cause and at fault of such. For these researchers to say/infer the wrong thing, then quite possibly all funding would effectively dry up quickly for future research and that would spell disaster for everyone concerned !!!
And you STILL refuse to address the basic fact that your premise is inherently flawed.

You continually refuse to address the simple fact that homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man.

That one, plain fact simple proves you wrong.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:29 PM

18,630 posts, read 33,198,289 times
This atheist is checking out of this discussion. I love when people bring out something from the bible as a trump card to "prove" their point. Are they not aware that many people don't believe the bible is anything special? Would the same people whip out the Koran or some other religion's book to prove a point? It's all opinion.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,638,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And you STILL refuse to address the basic fact that your premise is inherently flawed.

You continually refuse to address the simple fact that homosexuality has been around since the dawn of man.

That one, plain fact simple proves you wrong.

As though you would have any way to know! Do you understand the concept of hearsay?

No one alive today has any idea whatsoever whether homosexual behavior was common or practiced at all at the dawn of man.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:23 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,295,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
"you will never accept homosexuals" Ah, herein lies the magic words... But you see, I DO accept homosexuals...however, I do NOT accept homosexuality. Although I do not love the sin, I DO love the sinner! ......my interpretations and my opinion.
Justify it anyway you want, but I've heard this before. Its just a way of justifing hatred, and an excuse for bigotry.

If a white guy in 1959 said, "I don't hate black people, they just sin more than us." Does that make it right?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,574,786 times
Quote:
Most people see the above statment for exactly what it is, a lame and transperent attempt to mitigate people's opinions that your religion is hateful.
And most people see your statements for what they are: A perverse obsession with homosexuality.

But be sure to throw in some stupid, snide remark about religion - further evidencing your ignorance of all religions but your own.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,016,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
"you will never accept homosexuals" Ah, herein lies the magic words... But you see, I DO accept homosexuals...however, I do NOT accept homosexuality. Although I do not love the sin, I DO love the sinner! ......my interpretations and my opinion.
I actually repped you on your first post because I, as well, believe that different people interpret the bible, Koran (whatever their religious book is) in different ways and that God (or whatever a person calls 'their' divine being) speaks to us in different ways - this post actually makes me want to 'de-rep' you though you're certainly entitled to 'your opinion'.

My son is not a sinner just because he's gay. He is kind, good to others, does charity/volunteer work, doesn't go out and get arrested, doesn't murder or abuse others, works while attending college (with a high GPA) because he wants to be self-sufficient and just an overall decent person. His sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person he is and quite honestly to call a person who does good deeds a sinner just because of their orientation is IMO revolting - might as well add that he's a sinner because he's also a minority (Latino). Gag. Though, of course, this is JMO.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:05 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,383,191 times
Quote:
Here we go again, warm and fuzzy. I guess it's tough to drop the A&A lingo you all like to parrot off those A Websites, but for the benefit of the folks here, please try!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitMundi
You are the one who refuses to address what your very own church has caused as far as mankind's present grief through the introduction of chemicals which masked as hormonal endocrine disruptors. I just went over this with an African Student today who is studying this very thing because of the increase in hermaphrodite occurances in our world today.

And yes I have addressed the presence of homosexuality throughout history, but you conveniently have avoided any references to it. Mr M-1979 brought it up with regards it being prevelant in ancient Greece and Roman civilizations and I agreed with him. It was in actuality a religion and so much so that they had Temple Prostitutes for worshipers to pay for and have sex with as part of their religious rituals and rites. In actual fact however it goes back even further before then with the Egyptians, Cananites and Babylonians over 5000 years ago. The point you miss it is an unfortunate event that brought on something called Memetics. You know what that is don't you ??? It's a term created by the Most Right Reverend Richard Dawkins in his infamous book, "The Selfish Gene". The term was stolen from the Greek word "mimema" ("something imitated") or even ("mimic"). The problem is this easy to understand illustration uses and term itself is hugely misapplied to show evolutionary progression. While evolutionism says that mankind is the ever evolving improving animal, the bible says that manknid had a perfect start and has degenerated down hill ever since. Proof of that is that anyone, not just pseudo-geniuses, has the ability to flick on any news station (radio/television/Internet), any channel, 24/7 and see for themselves that humankind sinks ever further and further into the proverbial toilette. This is the resulting influence of Memes. Okay, here's how it works:

Mankind had a perfect beginning, but somewhere along the way they decided independence was the way to go. Like you and others, they bought into the resentment arguement of the idea that anybody should tell them how to live. (God or no God) At that precise moment with the act of disobedience, a genetic defect took place. (Not ever found in nature - only humans) These people could not pass on what they did not any longer possess, so the defect was passed onto their children. Here's where "Memetics" takes over. I'll illustrate it like this. Take a perfect cake mould.

So the perfect Cake mould (which represents perfect human encoded DNA programming) turns out a perfect replica of the originally intended designed mould. Now take that perfect designed mould and with a small hammer, put a small ding or dent in that cake mould. Now make another cake and it looks almost identical to the original perfect model, but if you look ever so closely, you can see the ever so slight flaw in it. Now you have to make a new mould of that very ever so slightly flawed cake. The new mould is the exact replica of the almost perfect cake with that ever so slight defect in it. Now you can make that third cake and notice not only does it have that first flaw, but also the second flaw. Repeat this same process over and over and over again and again 10,000s upon 10,000s of generations of time down to the late 19th century and eventually you have something that isn't even remotely close to the original. In fact it looks alot like something like this.

Fast forward over little over another 100 years and your church and the god you serve "Scientifism"has with it's creation of chemicals (which obviously were never tested for side effects in the first place because as the good Reverends book espouses Greed and selfishness as a wonderful thing), we now have the process of "Memetics" being excelerated and degenerating humkind to this pitiful state.

So by your church's creation of the chemical holy water containing things like "bisphenol A", we have an ever degeneration of mankind at a fast pace never imagined before possible. That is why "homosexuality", bisexuality, bestiality, hermaphrodites, etc is on such a huge rise. It has noting to do with any normality. to put things straight forward, if you strip two men naked, you'll notice the penis is not designed to be used to fit in another man's anus. The same is true that a woman's tongue will not impregnate another woman. This is exactly what is happening to the natural world with regards, birds, fish, animals and the result is many animal, bird, fish, etc species going extinct because they are no longer wired to reproduce. So-called Random Mutations "Memes" do not bring about beneficial results. Random Mutations "Memetics" only bring tumors, cancer, death & extinction. And it's other scientists who go to your same church that are baring out this same phenomena with their own research.

And like you always like to parrot off those atheistic websites: "Deal With It"

Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,383,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
My son is not a sinner just because he's gay. He is kind, good to others, does charity/volunteer work, doesn't go out and get arrested, doesn't murder or abuse others, works while attending college (with a high GPA) because he wants to be self-sufficient and just an overall decent person. His sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person he is and quite honestly to call a person who does good deeds a sinner just because of their orientation is IMO revolting - might as well add that he's a sinner because he's also a minority (Latino). Gag. Though, of course, this is JMO.
And this would be correct. No one is condemned because they are "Gay". It's the practicing and giving into those sexual tendencies that the bible says is wrong. That's why Jesus said for humans to pick up their torture stake (other translations say cross) and continually follow him. What that means is that there may indeed be an element of suffering that goes along with doing so. Just as someone may have an inherited gene towards the tendancy to be an alcoholic, they most likely would have to obstain from any drinking. A smoker likewise may have to endure an element of suffering to keep away from cigarettes, etc.

So again you are correct that no one is automatically condemned for just being a homosexual. The Bible shows there will be a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous, and no doubt some may well have been a homosexual before or even an atheist. Surpise surprise!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

As though you would have any way to know! Do you understand the concept of hearsay?

No one alive today has any idea whatsoever whether homosexual behavior was common or practiced at all at the dawn of man.
There are examples found in the oldest of archeological and archival sources, sorry.

And recorded history alone totally dismantles the idea that man-made chemicals "cause gayness" besides the plain fact that there isn;t any peer reviewed studies connecting the two.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Here we go again, warm and fuzzy. I guess it's tough to drop the A&A lingo you all like to parrot off those A Websites, but for the benefit of the folks here, please try!!!
Wow, so much bull****. Where to begin...

"Perfect begining"? Adam and Eve are a myth, sorry. Anyone who must use biblical nonsence, and/or Creationism/Intelligent Disign", in a scientific discussion is immediatly dismissed. As is anyone who feel compelled to use terms like "religion of science" in a rather lame attempt to uphold their opinions.

And you have YET to connect chemical related diseases to homosexuality. No one is arguing that checmicals casue damage to the environment, and indeed to humanity. However, you ahve failed, repeatedly, to link chemicals to homosexuality.

And you have NOT addressed any link between man-made chemicals and homosexuality prior to the invention of those man-made chemicals, as well as a link between them in modern times.

EPIC FAIL on your part time and time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates