Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2009, 05:28 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,397,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Interesting! You sound threatened!

You do know there is a correct way of studying things and a Marxist Way don't you ???
So you keep claiming, but as with all your other statements, you refuse to prove it.

Quote:
This is so funny. We all know it nothing more than a political correctness or political hot potato. No slick scientist wanting to keep his research funding, academic career intact, social standing amongst his peers , etc is going to dare research this and proclaim long and loud without any consequences. However they are strongly alluding to it and it's getting better. You have'nt even read the research or the effects it is causing because it clashes with your brand of Marxism.

Let's examine exactly what your wonderful "Panel of Peers" has brought our lovely world. Here's just a tiny handful, but I think everyone gets the idea of the kind of things these so-called ethical genius holy men have done for us.
Again, no proof offered whatsoever. BTW, your little art gallery isn't proof, and I noticed you compeltely ignore the benefits to man science has provided, including the internet and the computer you spread your disinformation upon, and the printed bible you base your opinions on as well.

Quote:
Mam, this bitter angry individual has not posted FACT #1 and no one here has condemned your son. where are you getting this, from him ??? Rather than read his usual hatred, try reading some of the other sensible posts others have made.

There's a lot of old retired bitter frustrated old A & As on this forum with no other purpose in life than being here. I don't know who or what dealt them a rotten hand in life, but it was'nt any of us.
Angry? Hardly. Frustrated by purposful ignorance and misinformation on your part? That I will certainly admit to.

BTW, we still await facts by you. So far you have managed to spam the board with unrelated research and ad hominems such as "A & A's" and some fictional link to "Karl Marx".

You simply EPIC FAIL everytime you hit the "Submit Reply" button

Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,638,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
1. People choosing to alter their apeprence doesn;t even come close to being lame. I'm not sure it even registers on the lowest scale.

2. Do your own reading...
Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, just the plain fact that your owns criptures thought to mention it is another example of the antiquity of homsoexuality.

3. If you choose to believe an ancient manuscript proven wrong and self-contradictory to the point where it becomes nothing more than a poorly written fantasy novel over peer reviewed science, that's your problem.

Religion IS a choice.

Now you've really lost it, Axis, and I'm a little worried about you. I don't remember you ever being this confused and incoherent.

There is no one on this board more anti-religion than me. Remember? We've been over this.

Of course religion is a choice - a choice I soundly rejected in about 1962.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:37 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,397,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Now you've really lost it, Axis, and I'm a little worried about you. I don't remember you ever being this confused and incoherent.

There is no one on this board more anti-religion than me. Remember? We've been over this.

Of course religion is a choice - a choice I soundly rejected in about 1962.
Doesn't change the substance of my post in the least.

Homosexuality has been around for a long, long time.

It isn't a disease, one will not find it in ANY medical diagnostic codex. Nor is it a result of "chemcials" as another poster claims.

Professional peer review groups state, unequivicably, that sexuality in general is not a choice.

It isn;t a diseas, it isn;t "choice". That leaves "a natural, if uncommon, occurance inherent in the human condition".

Old 09-13-2009, 07:52 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,911,027 times
Quote:
Doesn't change the substance of my post in the least.

Homosexuality has been around for a long, long time.

It isn't a disease, one will not find it in ANY medical diagnostic codex. Nor is it a result of "chemcials" as another poster claims.

Professional peer review groups state, unequivicably, that sexuality in general is not a choice.

It isn;t a diseas, it isn;t "choice". That leaves "a natural, if uncommon, occurance inherent in the human condition".
excellent post.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:06 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,016,520 times
Quote:
Mam, this bitter angry individual has not posted FACT #1 and no one here has condemned your son. where are you getting this, from him ??? Rather than read his usual hatred, try reading some of the other sensible posts others have made.

There's a lot of old retired bitter frustrated old A & As on this forum with no other purpose in life than being here. I don't know who or what dealt them a rotten hand in life, but it was'nt any of us.
Sir, I have many people on my friends list, none of whom are on this thread, and who I do not agree with everything they say. I would say that 99.9% of people do not agree with 'everything' that another individual says/believes. The comments, agreement I made on this persons posts were because I did concur with those posts. On ones where I don't have anything to input, I do not reply. Below are just a few of the posts that I disagreed with (and not necessarily in order). But again, beautiful thing about the world is we all should be able to 'agree to disagree' - where my son is concerned, that is where -like any parent - I tend to bristle. I have a great kid and consequently do tend to get, shall we say, rather annoyed when people talk in a derrogatory manner about homosexuals or post misinformation.

Quote:
And this would be correct. No one is condemned because they are "Gay". It's the practicing and giving into those sexual tendencies that the bible says is wrong. That's why Jesus said for humans to pick up their torture stake (other translations say cross) and continually follow him. What that means is that there may indeed be an element of suffering that goes along with doing so. Just as someone may have an inherited gene towards the tendancy to be an alcoholic, they most likely would have to obstain from any drinking. A smoker likewise may have to endure an element of suffering to keep away from cigarettes, etc.

So again you are correct that no one is automatically condemned for just being a homosexual. The Bible shows there will be a resurrection of the righteous and 'unrighteous', and no doubt some may well have been a homosexual before or even an atheist. Surpise surprise!!!
Response to Beachmel
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
I actually repped you on your first post because I, as well, believe that different people interpret the bible, Koran (whatever their religious book is) in different ways and that God (or whatever a person calls 'their' divine being) speaks to us in different ways - this post actually makes me want to 'de-rep' you though you're certainly entitled to 'your opinion'.

My son is not a sinner just because he's gay. He is kind, good to others, does charity/volunteer work, doesn't go out and get arrested, doesn't murder or abuse others, works while attending college (with a high GPA) because he wants to be self-sufficient and just an overall decent person. His sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person he is and quite honestly to call a person who does good deeds a sinner just because of their orientation is IMO revolting - might as well add that he's a sinner because he's also a minority (Latino). Gag. Though, of course, this is JMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
"you will never accept homosexuals" Ah, herein lies the magic words... But you see, I DO accept homosexuals...however, I do NOT accept homosexuality. Although I do not love the sin, I DO love the sinner! ......my interpretations and my opinion.

Quote:
Well there is no doubt that social environmental influences can effect later behavioral lifestyles. This has been the case from the beginning. Unfortunately those who worship the god of scientifism blind themselves to the fact that in these later times, their own god has been the cause of so much misery in people's lives.

Interestingly, many of their own fellow adherents of Scientifism are the very ones pointing out the complete utter failures of their own god. It's certainly not coming from any religious corners that I have ever heard of. It does however expose a major flaw in the arguement among the A & As that adherents of this religious dogma are all irrefutably on the same page as regards unity of thought and belief. Apparently as more and more flaws of that type of philosophical Kool-aid thinking and mindset are exposed, it really shows us that within the religion of Scientifism, there are as many varied and differing denominations among their gang as the traditional conventional religions of this world.

Again, Homosexuality is both a traditional choice brought on by social influences and a flawed genetic disorder brought on by endocrine disruptors corrupting fetal development of any lifeform thanks to the chemical creations brought to us by holier than thou science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrick G View Post
#1...I think you're trying to go around the fact...that heteros have the CHOICE not to...or just can't due to MEDICAL reasons....Homos can't because they aint MEANT to reproduce......

I ing hate the word Homo - it's like calling a black person a N.

#2 Move ya silly asses to 1 of them 5 states...get married..and take ya ass back where you came from....
This was a response to one of your posts
Quote:
It's not and unfortunately I don't have the time to pull up all of the data showing it has nothing to do with chemicals, etc. nor the links to scientific data. There have been a lot of advances in the 21st century on many things due to progress and technology.

Yes, I do know the adverse effects chemicals are having in parts of the world, including so called first world countries - to people, the environment, animals; however, my son is gay because that is how he was born. Not a bad childhood involving any abuse that caused trauma nor due to chemicals. It's just how he's hardwired and I do believe he is still the perfect child of God. We are judged by our deeds and the content of our heart, not who we are physically attracted to.

One could also cite the various ministers who were expelled from their respective churches due to having affairs with prostitutes, using illegal substances, prescription fraud, etc. Again, at least IMO, we are judged by our deeds not orientation - whether that orientation is hetrosexual or homosexual.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:21 PM

40,919 posts, read 48,863,927 times
Quote:
My son is not a sinner just because he's gay. He is kind, good to others, does charity/volunteer work, doesn't go out and get arrested, doesn't murder or abuse others, works while attending college (with a high GPA) because he wants to be self-sufficient and just an overall decent person. His sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of person he is and quite honestly to call a person who does good deeds a sinner just because of their orientation is IMO revolting - might as well add that he's a sinner because he's also a minority (Latino). Gag. Though, of course, this is JMO.
C21, I read your posts over in the real estate section and you are always well spoken and give good advice. Our youngest son is also gay which I recognized at an early age. We have always been supportive and he is also one of the most stable and nicest guys you'd ever want to know. He is who he is and god created a great person.

Certain people will never understand.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:41 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,574,786 times
Quote:
I don't know why you continue with the relentless, bold-faced lies.

Professional peer review groups - THAT YOU AGREE WITH - say this. That is all. But to say that ALL professional peer groups agree is a bold-faced lie.

So why not just stop it? Why not just stop repeating the same lie? It does nothing but destroy (further) your credibility. And it adds absolutely nothing to any discussion.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:57 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,016,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
C21, I read your posts over in the real estate section and you are always well spoken and give good advice. Our youngest son is also gay which I recognized at an early age. We have always been supportive and he is also one of the most stable and nicest guys you'd ever want to know. He is who he is and god created a great person.

Certain people will never understand.
Thank you Rakin. You're right; certain people will never understand. Nice to see another supportive parent of a gay child because a lot are not. Maybe that's another reason why our boys turned out as well as they did. We accepted and loved them for who they are, not which sex they're attracted to.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,686,077 times
Quote:
I actually repped you on your first post because I, as well, believe that different people interpret the bible, Koran (whatever their religious book is) in different ways and that God (or whatever a person calls 'their' divine being) speaks to us in different ways - this post actually makes me want to 'de-rep' you though you're certainly entitled to 'your opinion'.

C21, I am sorry that my comment hurt your feelings...... I meant no disrespect toward your son. We are, after all, ALL sinners. There isn't a single person out there who does not sin.... well, at least none that I know of. The beauty of it is that we don't HAVE to be perfect. As I have said in previous posts, I have had many friends who were homosexuals and I loved each and every one of them dearly. Even though I didn't agree with some of their choices in life, I loved them dearly. They were kind, funny, sweet, wonderful friends of mine. Again, I am sorry that I hurt your feelings and as a mother, believe me, I understand why it hurt you. Be blessed.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:20 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,686,077 times
Quote:
Most people see the above statment for exactly what it is, a lame and transperent attempt to mitigate people's opinions that your religion is hateful.
Wow bizarre and far reaching.....even for you. Whatever it is that caused you and Memphis to be so angry about a comment like that...wow....how very sad. You know, I walked away from organized religion 4 years ago because of some things that I just couldn't handle anymore, but never, ever have I felt such animosity toward words or feelings like that. It's like y'all are just looking for someone to spit on and lash out at here. How very sad. You must have some pretty big wounds that haven't healed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates