U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:32 AM

261 posts, read 584,636 times

Advertisements

I remember having this debate some time ago in a social science class. Gay people argue that they do not choose to be gay, yet being gay or having an attraction to the same species is clearly not a behaviour intended by nature in a species that is suppose to reproduce using a male and a female. So if gays do not choose to be gay, and it is not the way nature intended most people to use their bodies, otherwise we would all be hermaprodites, then is gay a disease, hormonal imbalance, or something else. I lean towards Hormonal imbalance or mild disease of the mind but am want to hear other views.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:44 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
none of the above-- gay people are facinated with gay sex because those people are having a sex life-- as soon as gay marriage is legal, they will get married and then their sex life will dwindle to nothing like the rest of us.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:49 AM

261 posts, read 584,636 times
LOL, marriage must be terrible i'd imagine, its like being married to a annoying family who is always asking you to do stuff for them until you become whiped and have no spine left, i smell another thread Once gays can marry they will be miserable and have bad fashion

Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,228,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
I remember having this debate some time ago in a social science class. Gay people argue that they do not choose to be gay, yet being gay or having an attraction to the same species is clearly not a behaviour intended by nature in a species that is suppose to reproduce using a male and a female. So if gays do not choose to be gay, and it is not the way nature intended most people to use their bodies, otherwise we would all be hermaprodites, then is gay a disease, hormonal imbalance, or something else. I lean towards Hormonal imbalance or mild disease of the mind but am want to hear other views.
Ummm... There are cases of animals in nature having homosexual tendencies... So there goes your whole thread!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:51 AM

5,092 posts, read 4,362,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
So by your "logic"...

People who choose abstinance and/or celibacy are unnatural.

People who can't reproduce due to either injury or birth defect are unnatural.

People who engage in any type of sexual behavior that doesn't result in possible reproduction are unnatural.

People who choose to wait to reproduce until after they're married (instead of reproducing as soon as they're biologically able) are unnatural.

People who choose to "limit" their reproduction by having only two or three children (instead of eight or nine) are unnatural.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:10 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,466,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Ummm... There are cases of animals in nature having homosexual tendencies... So there goes your whole thread!
Well... I've seen animals of the same species kill and eat each other too - but I don't put much stock in that regarding what people should or shouldn't do.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:03 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,228,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Well... I've seen animals of the same species kill and eat each other too - but I don't put much stock in that regarding what people should or shouldn't do.
You argue like a republican, trying to take words out of context. I'll spell it out for you just in case you're having trouble waking up this morning.

Quote:
Gay people argue that they do not choose to be gay, yet being gay or having an attraction to the same species is clearly not a behaviour intended by nature in a species that is suppose to reproduce using a male and a female.
If homosexuality occurs in nature, then why is it ok to call it an unnatural phenomenon? The topic isn't about if being gay is moral or immoral, since the only reason you could possibly call homosexuality immoral is if you are religious. The topic is if being gay is a choice or not. All gay people say that they were born gay, that they didn't get to choose between homosexual or heterosexual. Do you understand it yet?

If you want to debate whether homosexuality is moral or immoral, I will gladly enlighten you on that subject as well if you start a thread about it.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
You argue like a republican, trying to take words out of context. I'll spell it out for you just in case you're having trouble waking up this morning.
Thank you, but I've been up since 6:00 this morning.

Now... Grow up, and grow a sense of humor. Both would do you a world of good.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
If you want to debate whether homosexuality is moral or immoral, I will gladly enlighten you on that subject as well if you start a thread about it.
Oh please do enlighten me, O Great One. I sit at your feet in eager anticipation!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:24 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,502,098 times
Quote:
The thread is taking this kind of turn already already ?

I used to want to believe that guys turned gay because girls won't have anything to do with them but I'm leaning toward believing it may be genetic. I'm also starting to think there may also be genes determining the political leanings of people too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates