U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:50 AM

261 posts, read 584,531 times

Advertisements

LOL, marriage must be terrible i'd imagine, its like being married to an annoying family member who is always asking you to do stuff for them until you become whiped and have no spine left, and then they accuse you of changing or having no passion left and go and cheat on you. Dam I feel sorry for married people. No wonder they always complain about how their lives suck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 01:51 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
LOL, marriage must be terrible i'd imagine, its like being married to an annoying family member who is always asking you to do stuff for them until you become whiped and have no spine left, and then they accuse you of changing or having no passion left and go and cheat on you. Dam I feel sorry for married people. No wonder they always complain about how their lives suck
i am flattered that you have been reading my posts.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,745,951 times
It's all in perspective.
If you're negative about marriage in general, there's no hope to have a good one because you'll self fulfill your own prophecy one nag at a time.

My parents have been happily married for 46 years, grandparents 66 years. I have been happily married almost 10.

I found communication, an open mind for compromise, and just having a good attitude was all it took. I am still madly in love with my husband,

and he gets laid more than anyone he personally knows.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 AM

2,256 posts, read 5,904,058 times
Quote:
You've described one far end of the spectrum when it comes to marriage. No need to feel sorry for me. Plenty of people are happily married and manage through life just fine.

I'll be feeling sorry for you when your 60, alone with no companion.

Your bitterness for marriage makes me think you've experienced a bad one. I feel sorry for you.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 AM

2,178 posts, read 7,799,309 times
Quote:
Been married for 27 years. Raised 6 kids.
Never felt whipped. Still have a spine and very strong back bone.
Still in love. No cheating ever occurred.
Sorry to hear you will probably never experience the bliss of real love since you have already prejudged marriage and think all marriages end in failure.
I wouldn't have had it any other way. And I am looking forward to how ever many years we have left to us. I hope it is another 27 years. Even that wont be enough.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,557,510 times
We have been married for 42 years and it suits us fine.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,461,476 times
Quote:
My wife & I have almost 26 years of proving you wrong. Sorry.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:16 AM

2,449 posts, read 4,671,533 times
another great debate.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:30 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,250,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
My wife & I have almost 26 years of proving you wrong. Sorry.

I think that is incredible!
Good for you guys.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM

1,310 posts, read 2,640,684 times
Quote:
From the many married people ive talked with, it seems the marriage relationship today is either a slice of heaven or a slice of hell...and not very often much inbetween. The subject of 'Marriage' needs to be part of every curriculum in High School across the nation with a hard look at the responsibilities, lifelong commitment, and the honor and respect that is supposed to be shown toward the other spouse. Certainly it would help counteract the Hollywood view of marriage where all the emphasis is placed on the Wedding day and/or 2 week Honeymoon.

Something else that should be absolutely mandatory, is a lengthy Pre Marital Course with trained Counsellors in order to obtain a marriage license. I think this alone would cause individuals to ascertain that they should forego or hold off till later being married. We need a greater sense of objectivity concerning the issue to hopefully balance out the often misleading (euphoric/semi-comatose) state couples find themselves in prior to and including the Engagement process .

Last edited by RVlover; 08-21-2009 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates