Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:48 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I yelled at you, I don't remember you being next door to me and my yelling at you.

No, I've got plenty. You asked why someone was attacking religion all of the time, when this subject comes up. I was explaining to you that religion makes for an easy argument, because you can't support it.

BTW, I haven't heard anyone in this thread talk about the topic, of how homosexual marriage is dangerous.
Grow up.

It's truly amazing, and amusing, how bent out of shape people like you become when you're called out for your relentless little displays of bigotry and hatred. Are you jtur88's alter ego?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Grow up.

It's truly amazing, and amusing, how bent out of shape people like you become when you're called out for your relentless little displays of bigotry and hatred. Are you jtur88's alter ego?
Still no answers, just allegations of hate and bigotry. Oh ye of little argument.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:52 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Your double-speak and self-contradictions are kind of amusing. Really, they are.

So why DON'T you keep your atheism to yourself, instead of brandishing it everywhere, and throwing it in the face of anybody you don't like?

You might want to think about that.
I dont just toss it out there without being provoked. When I am provoked by a religious person with their lack of logic(bible) and they are trying to prove a point in a situation that does not need bible input I will react in kind.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Still no answers, just allegations of hate and bigotry. Oh ye of little argument.
No allegations. Just pointing out the obvious.

I want you to prove to me that homosexuals never leave that life to become heterosexuals.

I also want you to explain why it matters to you - and why you think you have to impose your viciousness on them, and impose your morals into their bedrooms.

O ye of great hatred and no argument...

Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I dont just toss it out there without being provoked. When I am provoked by a religious person with their lack of logic(bible) and they are trying to prove a point in a situation that does not need bible input I will react in kind.
And hey, guess what... When I'm provoked by some narrow-minded, hateful, hypocritical atheist I'm going to call you out on it.

There are at least 3 of you on this forum. It is truly amazing how bigoted, hateful, and closed-minded you folks are. And all the while you are bashing others for doing a fraction of the nonsense you are immersed in.

That's why I call hypocrisy.

Think about it...

Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
No allegations. Just pointing out the obvious.

I want you to prove to me that homosexuals never leave that life to become heterosexuals.

I also want you to explain why it matters to you - and why you think you have to impose your viciousness on them, and impose your morals into their bedrooms.

O ye of great hatred and no argument...
I don't care if homosexuals sleep with a snake, I'm completely open minded about sexuality, and people can do whatever makes them feel good, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

You, on the other hand, seem to think that homosexuality is bad. The thread was about how does homosexuality hurt? So answer the question

Do you think homosexuality hurts people? If so, please provide proof.

I have no doubt that some homosexuals leave their same sex partner, and marry people from the opposite sex. The number is incredibly small, and in most instances, they usually cheat on their opposite sex partner, with members of the same sex. This is because they are living a lie.

There are also bi-sexual people. Perhaps many of those who marry of the opposite sex are just bi-sexual.

I haven't seen any study that shows that gays bash those that leave their community. Your PFOX website isn't a good source, as I said, even Christian websites show that they lie.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I personally have no problem with gays or gay marriage.

I do have a problem with people that are narrow minded and hateful.
With that said, your own post seems pretty close to that line itself.
You are kinda breaking my irony meter by demanding other people shouldn't be allowed to voice thier opposition because they are "close minded"....so you are right and they are wrong?

P.S. There are plenty of non-religious people that are anti-gay. Go pick up a random rap record.
If you are closed minded you have the right to voice your opinion, but that doesnt mean you should. Yes, there are plenty of people who are non-religious that are anti-gay, but I am yet to meet one, I am yet to hear any argument as to why Homosexuality is wrong in anyway and hurts anyone in anyway that does not include religion.

If people only look at things from one side, their idiots and should not give any opinion.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:08 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Huh? A Nazi reference now? Seriously, this is great debates not 5th grade recess.
Someone else made the Nazi Comment before I did, sorry...

Quote:
The majority of Americans, INCLUDING THE CURRENT PRESIDENT, don't support gay marriage. (Currently)
Actually I think the majority of Americans do Support Gay marriage. The ones that say that they dont care, dont count on either side.

Quote:
Go down to the local homeless shelter, food bank, people volunteering at nursing homes....then come back and tell me about all those awful religious people you met.
Yes, because giving food away and volunteering makes up for oppressing an entire community.

Quote:
Demonizing an entire group because you are unhappy with the gay-marriage thing is childish. It's no different than some nutjob trying to paint all gays as pedophiles that prance about in tutus.
Your joking right? I never said all religious people where bad, just most. And Religious people demonize an entire group before they even understand that group, odds are they will never even try to understand the other group.

I have been on the other side of this issue, I was very religious then I discovered something called logic and woke up. I was condemning people I didnt know anything about. Well, as of now there is not one issue that I debate about that I dont know most sides of the issue.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
And hey, guess what... When I'm provoked by some narrow-minded, hateful, hypocritical atheist I'm going to call you out on it.

There are at least 3 of you on this forum. It is truly amazing how
Quote:
bigoted, hateful, and closed-minded
you folks are. And all the while you are bashing others for doing a fraction of the nonsense you are immersed in.

That's why I call hypocrisy.

Think about it...
Please elaborate on how I am being any of these things?

I said I dont care if someone wants to believe in religion, the bible, or GOd. Just keep it to yourself and dont try to impose laws that fit only to your lifestyle.

I do not hate religious people, I have two brothers that are very religious and they both support the Homosexual community. They are both very open minded and know how to balance faith and logic.

Close minded...Yeah, I dont see how I qualify as closed mined.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM

250 posts, read 910,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Okay I am so sick of people who are all about stopping the homosexual community from getting married and even having relationships with other homosexuals. How are they hurting you or anyone else by getting married or having a relationship with someone of the same sex?

If you cannot answer this question then you have no reason to pester these good people anymore. So go back to your bibles and close-minded lives and leave them alone.

Im a christian, I believe in God. I also believe that God loves us all and its not up to me to judge soooo....I won't. If my sons grow up and they happen to be Gay Im fine with that. I want them to be happy and find love. I simply don't find homosexuals any sort of threat to my marriage at all.
I'll be honest I DON'T enjoy all the popularity that is today when it comes to threesomes and girls kissing girls and homosexual behaviors for popularity and attention. You see alot of young women today thinking this is "hot". That is irritating to me. Its very obvious when it's attention-seeking behaviors to get male attention (women and women) and when its clearly a love situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates