U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 PM
 
4,529 posts, read 4,731,817 times
Reputation: 730

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I have consistently asked you something you REFUSE to answer - you and every other atheist...


Why do you refuse to extend the same decency to homosexuals who want to become heterosexuals, that you demand be given to people leaving hetorersexuality for homosexuality?

Why do you care if somebody leaves homosexuality? What does it do to you? How does it hurt you?

Leave them alone, quit abusing them, quit telling them they cannot do what they want to do. Let them do what they want. Let them be happy.

You people are INCREDIBLY hypocritical!
Already answered, several times.

However, I will attempt to be more consise...

There is NO discrimination or persecution for gays who decide to live a lie.

There also would be NO motivation for them to do so without the religiously motivated hatred, bigotry, oppression and persecution of the GLBT community.

BTW, without the latter, gays teens also wouldn't be the highest risk factor demographic for suicides either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:38 PM
 
1,779 posts, read 2,034,331 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
What I have been saying all along is that you people are denying others the very things you demand.

Why do you care if somebody leaves homosexuality for heterosexuality - any more than you should care if somebody leaves heterosexuality for homosexuality?


I am consistently and relentlessly calling out YOUR hypocrisy and duplicity! And what's very obvious is that you cannot handle it.



So... If I were to be like a typical atheist, what I should probably do is broad-brush and say that it's obvious that atheists are liars, hypocrites and people who demand of others the very things they won't extend.


Now, why don't you be a good boy and provide me all these quotes, where I've said homosexuality is wrong, or evil, or whatever else it is that you dishonestly claim I'm saying.
First off, this is exactly what I was getting at with religious people(some not all). You have just fed many things into my mouth that I never said. I never said you where against anything, I asked if you where that is all. If you cannot understand that I was asking you a question that is your problem not mine. The bolded line you have in your post makes no sense, I could care less what people do in that regard. Homosexual or heterosexual I could care less. All I care about is why anyone, especially religious people are against homosexuality.

Also, it has come to my conclusion that you are a religious person, thus I can deduct from your posts that religious people dont care what other people actually say, they twist words, and claim people said thing they do not.

I NEVER SAID YOU WHERE AGAINST IT. I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A LOGIC CLASS AT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND WISE UP. ALSO, CONSIDER TAKING A PUBLIC SPEAKING CLASS OR DEBATE CLASS, THIS MIGHT HELP WITH THE TWISTING OF WORDS.

LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST RELIGION AS A WHOLE AS LONG AS ITS FOLLOWERS DONT TRY TO FORCE IT ON PEOPLE, WHICH IS WHAT YOU COME OFF AS TRYING TO DO. YOU CANNOT EXCEPT THAT SOMEONE CAN BE HAPPY AND NON RELIGIOUS(S0 IT SEEMS).

I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST AND ANSWER THE QUESTION, IF YOU CANNOT THEN LEAVE IT BE. THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DISCUSS WHO IS RIGHT AND WRONG WHEN IT COMES TO IS THERE A GOD OR NOT. I WANT TO KNOW HOW DOES SOMEONE BEING A HOMOSEXUAL HURT ANYONE, IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER, LEAVE THIS THREAD AND BE AT PEACE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 PM
 
1,779 posts, read 2,034,331 times
Reputation: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Why do you refuse to extend the same decency to homosexuals who want to become heterosexuals, that you demand be given to people leaving hetorersexuality for homosexuality?

WHERE THE **** WAS THIS EVEN SAID? NO ONE HAS CLAIMED THIS TO MY KNOWLEDGE. PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,419,398 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
First off, this is exactly what I was getting at with religious people(some not all). You have just fed many things into my mouth that I never said. I never said you where against anything, I asked if you where that is all. If you cannot understand that I was asking you a question that is your problem not mine. The bolded line you have in your post makes no sense, I could care less what people do in that regard. Homosexual or heterosexual I could care less. All I care about is why anyone, especially religious people are against homosexuality.

Also, it has come to my conclusion that you are a religious person, thus I can deduct from your posts that religious people dont care what other people actually say, they twist words, and claim people said thing they do not.

I NEVER SAID YOU WHERE AGAINST IT. I SUGGEST YOU TAKE A LOGIC CLASS AT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AND WISE UP. ALSO, CONSIDER TAKING A PUBLIC SPEAKING CLASS OR DEBATE CLASS, THIS MIGHT HELP WITH THE TWISTING OF WORDS.

LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST RELIGION AS A WHOLE AS LONG AS ITS FOLLOWERS DONT TRY TO FORCE IT ON PEOPLE, WHICH IS WHAT YOU COME OFF AS TRYING TO DO. YOU CANNOT EXCEPT THAT SOMEONE CAN BE HAPPY AND NON RELIGIOUS(S0 IT SEEMS).

I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST AND ANSWER THE QUESTION, IF YOU CANNOT THEN LEAVE IT BE. THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO DISCUSS WHO IS RIGHT AND WRONG WHEN IT COMES TO IS THERE A GOD OR NOT. I WANT TO KNOW HOW DOES SOMEONE BEING A HOMOSEXUAL HURT ANYONE, IF YOU HAVE NO ANSWER, LEAVE THIS THREAD AND BE AT PEACE.
And so now you're so dispassionate, and detached that you're SCREAMING EVERYTHING?!?!?!

So why is it that you narrow-minded atheists are always trying to cram your religion down the throats of people who might not happen to agree with you?

Why do you always denigrate every religion but your own?

Why do atheists immediately become servile, nasty and abusive toward anybody who doesn't gulp down the Richard Dawkins Bible hook, line and sinker?

Why are atheists always so angry?

And why do atheists lie so much - claiming that somebody is trying to cram religion down your throats when it is only YOU who is cramming YOUR religion down others' throats?


You have a LOT of thinking to do. A LOT of growing up to do. A LOT of learning to do.

I would suggest you start with some basic honesty. From there you might move on to extending the same decency to others that you expect them to extend to you - unless, of course, it isn't possible for an atheist to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,419,398 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
WHERE THE **** WAS THIS EVEN SAID? NO ONE HAS CLAIMED THIS TO MY KNOWLEDGE. PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

I'D SUGGEST YOU QUIT SPITTING AT YOUR MONITOR AS YOU'RE SCREAMING AT ME, AND GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOMEBODY WHO IS LYING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,419,398 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
There is NO discrimination or persecution for gays who decide to live a lie.
And there you are with your judgmental attitude again. It is simply unbelievable that you think you're in a position to judge every single person who might want to leave homosexuality. Who do you think you are? God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 08:57 PM
 
4,529 posts, read 4,731,817 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And there you are with your judgmental attitude again. It is simply unbelievable that you think you're in a position to judge every single person who might want to leave homosexuality. Who do you think you are? God?
You, sir, are a hypocrit.

You call people out for judging others, yet you do the same thing above.

AND, I noticed, never once addressed my comments, you merely started your strawman ad hominems once again.

And please, feel MORE than free to show how I am "judging gays for living a lie".

I am more than rightfully judging the evil people who FORCE them to THINK they must live a lie, based purely on an ancient manuscript proven wrong and self contradictory to the point it becomes nothing more than a poorly written fictional novel.

And yes, I AM being judgemental AND being a bigot towards that religion for doing this to people, all in the name of theopolitical power and control.

Nothing wrong with hating a hater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,419,398 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You, sir, are a hypocrit.

You call people out for judging others, yet you do the same thing above.

AND, I noticed, never once addressed my comments, you merely started your strawman ad hominems once again.

And please, feel MORE than free to show how I am "judging gays for living a lie".

I am more than rightfully judging the evil people who FORCE them to THINK they must live a lie, based purely on an ancient manuscript proven wrong and self contradictory to the point it becomes nothing more than a poorly written fictional novel.

And yes, I AM being judgemental AND being a bigot towards that religion for doing this to people, all in the name of theopolitical power and control.

Nothing wrong with hating a hater.
You keep saying that a gay person leaving homosexuality is "living a lie."

How many times have you said it now? 5 times? 6 times?


Stop being so darned judgmental! Stop being so arrogant!

If somebody wants to leave homosexuality, IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM. IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO QUESTION WHY. IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO SAY THEY ARE "LIVING A LIE."


What, about that, are you failing to understand?


You CELEBRATE when a heterosexual turns to homosexuality. Yet you WRITHE IN HATEFUL AGONY at the thought of a homosexual turning to heterosexuality.


Why the FLAGRANT double standard?



And by the way, save your stupid little anti-Bible diatribe. It's old. It's poorly-thought out and overused. It's extremely shallow. And what's more, I really don't care. All you're doing is continually exposing your own closed-mindedness. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 20,275,495 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You have a serious problem with lying. You also have a serious problem with pulling something out of context in order to make it "kind of" look like it supports your lie.

That's one of the MANY things I've overtly said? You mean all those things I've OVERTLY said that you cannot find?

You have a serious, serious problem with lying.
You said you haven't posted anything "anti-gay" I posted a quote, directly from you, and you call me a liar.

Ugh, pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2009, 09:06 PM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 22,419,398 times
Reputation: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You said you haven't posted anything "anti-gay" I posted a quote, directly from you, and you call me a liar.

Ugh, pathetic.
What's pathetic is for you to continue to LIE, claiming I have made all manner of anti-homosexual comments, and you cannot find ONE SINGLE ONE.


Now junior, here's a lesson in logic and comprehension... Go back to the post where you pulled that quote I wrote. Tell me about the CONTEXT.

Also, that's ONE out-of-context quote. You claim there are MANY! So are you going to quote them, or are you going to just go ahead and admit that you were lying. Again...


Good lord, you're making this just TOO EASY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top